The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradley Speaks

+4
gomez1012
captainanddew
UBeeg9cats
Shaun
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bradley Speaks - Page 3 Empty Re: Bradley Speaks

Post  flapanther2001 Wed May 25, 2011 5:22 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Keep making exscuses for your boy

Now he's "my boy"? Even after I said he looks dumb doing it this way? Gee Grant, I'm sorry I don't have a closed mind and can only think one way...no wait, no I'm not.

You are being closed minded, because you can't accept the possibily he doesn't want to fight Khan, and is using this as an exscuse.

Fighter's always conviently have exscuses for not wanting to fight someone. Mayweather is the master of it.

Exscuses from Bradley so far, Shaw, his wife is having a kid, he needs to rest, he's disrespected. The fight needs to "marinate"(how'd that work out for Gamboa-Lopez?)
Not at all. I've already stated that I think what he's doing is stupid. I just think that there is the possibility that he doesn't trust Shaw when he claims there would be no option if he fights after the deadline. I wouldn't trust Shaw as far as I could throw him. I also think that video clip of Bradley saying he let Khan off the hook was as dumb as it gets. I think in Bradley's mind, he's doing whatever it takes to protect himself. Do I agree with it, no. It's his decision. We all want Bradley/Khan.....right?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 25, 2011 5:24 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Bradley would have less fans than he already does if he were allowed to speak more, he's a fucking idiot. Now put his crazy ass father on TV and bam you have yourself some soundbites. That guy is like a combination of Red Fox and R Lee Ermey.

hahaha

this commercial rum/grant pulled up was pretty good

And that was how many years ago? Someone should have sent this to HBO leading up to the Alexander fight. Television promotion should make him a nice guy like they do with Pac. he should be donating shit and doing food drives etc. Inspirational shit, not comically calling out Alexander and Khan.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 5:29 pm

hardcore all excellent posts.its one phoney excuse after another..a mysterious thing written in a contract thats expired that allows bradley to be commited to shaw if he fights on july 23..lol real immagination.funny that stipulation was not pointed out by bradleys lawyers..nor the fact that shaw said im done with bradley.hes free to do whatever...your point on developing a national fan base is excellent especialy coming from a non fight town thats a getaway for the well healed..
bradley has had exposure tv wise so has martinez..whos developing a national following..if shaw whos now blamed instead of bradleys ring performances of not selling seats but just collecting a site and tv money...gee bradley dont get a huge piece of that money..just stop with the excuses on why bradley backed out of a fight.and now it comes out that he didnt want the alexander fight.shaws lining him up for the 2 top fighters at 140 at that time with big money and its shaws fault for not doing more..un fucking believeable.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 25, 2011 5:29 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:[Not at all. I've already stated that I think what he's doing is stupid. I just think that there is the possibility that he doesn't trust Shaw when he claims there would be no option if he fights after the deadline. I wouldn't trust Shaw as far as I could throw him. I also think that video clip of Bradley saying he let Khan off the hook was as dumb as it gets. I think in Bradley's mind, he's doing whatever it takes to protect himself. Do I agree with it, no. It's his decision. We all want Bradley/Khan.....right?

Fair enough Flap.

With me, I don't care about exscuses. Fact is, he's not fighting Khan after he talked nothing but mad shit about him. End of story.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 25, 2011 5:30 pm

Agreed Hardcore. That was leading up to the Witter fight, in 08, 3 yrs ago.

So yea Shaw and HBO could of helped built up his profile but no intention of doing so.

Arum could easily sell this guy

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed May 25, 2011 5:34 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:[Not at all. I've already stated that I think what he's doing is stupid. I just think that there is the possibility that he doesn't trust Shaw when he claims there would be no option if he fights after the deadline. I wouldn't trust Shaw as far as I could throw him. I also think that video clip of Bradley saying he let Khan off the hook was as dumb as it gets. I think in Bradley's mind, he's doing whatever it takes to protect himself. Do I agree with it, no. It's his decision. We all want Bradley/Khan.....right?

Fair enough Flap.

With me, I don't care about exscuses. Fact is, he's not fighting Khan after he talked nothing but mad shit about him. End of story.

Yup...he did talk mad shit about Khan.....that's why this shit is hard to fathom.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 25, 2011 5:35 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Agreed Hardcore. That was leading up to the Witter fight, in 08, 3 yrs ago.

So yea Shaw and HBO could of helped built up his profile but no intention of doing so.

Not even Arum could sell Bradley. He has no personality, he thinks he's worth huge paydays, and he doesn't have power, nor are his fights thrilling.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 25, 2011 5:36 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Not even Arum could sell Bradley. He has no personality, he thinks he's worth huge paydays, and he doesn't have power, nor are his fights thrilling.

He's sold Mosley, Chavez Jr, cheating Tony Margarito and many more

He could easily sell Timmy
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 25, 2011 5:37 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:Agreed Hardcore. That was leading up to the Witter fight, in 08, 3 yrs ago.

Neither are Floyd's and he sells. If Bradley beats everyone in front of him he can be sold on that. It's just a big investment with a guy like that and you have to be patient. Floyd does have more pop than Bradley though.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 25, 2011 5:39 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

He's sold Mosley, Chavez Jr, cheating Tony Margarito and many more

He could easily sell Timmy

It won't be easy. I don't see promoters lining up to get this guy like I have with other fighters when their contracts expire. I'll tell you what won't help his cause, not fighting Khan.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 25, 2011 5:48 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
It won't be easy. I don't see promoters lining up to get this guy like I have with other fighters when their contracts expire. I'll tell you what won't help his cause, not fighting Khan.

Who else would he go to?

Top Rank is it right now. They want Bradley to reach the black demos

And yea not fighting Khan will stink for a bit, but if the Pacquiao fight comes along, all will be forgotten.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed May 25, 2011 5:50 pm

Still...it does smell like Arum will be in on this.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 25, 2011 9:42 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Neither are Floyd's and he sells. If Bradley beats everyone in front of him he can be sold on that. It's just a big investment with a guy like that and you have to be patient. Floyd does have more pop than Bradley though.

Floyd's a personality, a polorizing one at that. That's the biggest reason why he's a draw, not because his fights are thrilling.

And Bradley clear not fought everyone in front of him, has he.

How much would Bradley's stock rise if he wasn't pulling this diva shit, fought and beat Khan? Tell you what, be more of a clamoring for Pac to fight him then there is now.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed May 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Bradley just needs to keep winning fights. That's how everyone else did it. Sure Floyd has a polarizing personality, but he earned his time in the limelight. Same with Pac. Same with BHop. They just kept on winning and eventually got a breakthrough fight. Floyd had Gatti, Pac had De La Hoya, BHop had Tito and Pavlik. The Khan fight is literally Bradley's jump off fight.

If he beats Khan, he's a name. He's the guy everyone wants to see fight Pac/Floyd next and he's the man at 140. The Pac/Floyd fight would be the gateway to being a superstar. He wins that, worst case scenario is he ends up like Mosley.

The thing that bugs me is he's thinking about what he "deserves" when everything he wants is right there for him to take. If he waits around he'll have to take the BHop route if he ever wants to be a star in the sport and I'm not sure any of the modern fighters are built for that.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 25, 2011 10:03 pm

Well said Gumby. Bradley can have what he wants. But he's blowing it.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri May 27, 2011 11:15 am

" I let you escape."

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3