The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradley Speaks

+4
gomez1012
captainanddew
UBeeg9cats
Shaun
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bradley Speaks Empty Bradley Speaks

Post  Shaun Wed May 25, 2011 10:38 am

Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Bradley Speaks Empty Re: Bradley Speaks

Post  Shaun Wed May 25, 2011 10:42 am

Bradley isn't making any sense. He's also lying about not wanting the Alexander fight. He specifically called him out during a post fight interview. If he didn't want the fight due to contractual reasons, he should elaborate a bit.

As for the Khan fight, this is definitely a duck. He's complaining about not being showcased? $1.4 million isn't a showcase?
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed May 25, 2011 10:47 am

Shaun wrote:Bradley isn't making any sense. He's also lying about not wanting the Alexander fight. He specifically called him out during a post fight interview. If he didn't want the fight due to contractual reasons, he should elaborate a bit.

As for the Khan fight, this is definitely a duck. He's complaining about not being showcased? $1.4 million isn't a showcase?

I remember Bradley telling Alexander to wait and we'll fight later but I agree he is making no sense in this interview. He says he didn't fight enough and Shaw didn't have a plan for him. Well I think sitting out to prove to your promoter he is keeping you inactive is crazy. I also think claiming no one has a plan for you when the plan was to fight the biggest money fighter in your division for a career high payday is just as ludicrous.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 11:14 am

pathetic attempt by bradley to undo the negative backlash against him which he caused..hes saying the only option given me was kahn and not 4 fighters.i interpet that as i dont want the kahn fight..im not getting the respect i deserve..hes right there.hes getting far more respect then he deserves paywise..im viewd as the challenger.not realy its viewed as 2 titleholders unifying belts and the ring lineal belt tossed in.in reality hes not admitting that kahns the bigger draw but its im the challenger excuse...why not outcry from bradley saying look ill fight kahn but its june 30 or a little sooner not july 23..why didnt he say that in the begining.why because of the tv avalibilty was taken by wlad-haye in the uk and bradley understood why not june..
he didnt want the alexander fight..hmmm .who did you want then..this guy is a joke.hes not a draw because he doent have the IT factor.promoters cant create the IT factor.fighters do..you fight on national tv several times and that tv in reality extends to other parts of the globe..top draws in history had the IT factor.louis dempsey robinson marciano ali floyd oscar pac and others..that puts asses in the seats to start.the promoter then adds a few more of course.
give bradley the respect he deserves by all means.start by ignoring him..

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 25, 2011 11:19 am

not getting respect. No one pays to watch you fight. Learn that fact and then shut the heck up!!!!

Bradley can't put 2000 people into a venue in his hometown. that is pathetic.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 25, 2011 12:08 pm

Speaking exclusively to Maxboxing on Monday afternoon, Bradley explained, "Well, it all boils down to this; I’m a world champion, a two-time world champion. I just feel I haven’t gotten the respect that I deserve. I believe Golden Boy (who represents Khan), from what I heard, was going to be putting on the show- not my promoter, for one. Regardless of the money or whatever, the money was great; everything was great. It was just basically my promoter has a deadline till June 30th to get me a fight and that’s pretty much what I’m holding onto. I didn’t put that in the contract; they’re the ones who put it in the contract. June 30th is the date that I was supposed to be fighting and they’re not delivering."

According to a source, part of Bradley’s two-fight pact to face Devon Alexander (where both boxers were guaranteed return dates on the network for facing each other on January 29th) was that the winner would have one of four options: Marcos Maidana, Andre Berto, Khan or a rematch with a license fee of around $1.5 million. Bradley was only offered Khan.

"So I’m just standing by my guns and saying, ’Hey, you guys gotta deliver by June 30th; I’m ready to go.’ July 23rd is out of my contract. So that’s pretty much in a nutshell why I’m not taking the fight at this moment.

He definitely doesnt want to work with Shaw

If he doesnt get the Pacquiao fight or even a couple big bouts with Top Rank...smh

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed May 25, 2011 12:26 pm

I've been trashing him since he started his Khan ducking, but now I'm wondering if he's just willing to sit it out until his contract with Shaw is done so that Shaw doesn't make a big chunk of his purse from the Khan fight. Maybe he's being deliberate.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 25, 2011 12:28 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:I've been trashing him since he started his Khan ducking, but now I'm wondering if he's just willing to sit it out until his contract with Shaw is done so that Shaw doesn't make a big chunk of his purse from the Khan fight. Maybe he's being deliberate.

Pretty sure he is, June 30th passes, deal with Shaw is dead.

Moves on to Arum and HBO is still there throwing millions at him
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed May 25, 2011 12:31 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:I've been trashing him since he started his Khan ducking, but now I'm wondering if he's just willing to sit it out until his contract with Shaw is done so that Shaw doesn't make a big chunk of his purse from the Khan fight. Maybe he's being deliberate.

Pretty sure he is, June 30th passes, deal with Shaw is dead.

Moves on to Arum and HBO is still there throwing millions at him
Right...he'd rather wait, suffer the criticism, and starve Shaw out. The money will be there after the 30th.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:35 pm

i may be in the minority here but hbo WILL not throw millions at bradley.hes burned them a few times already.kahn and the alexander fight..if its not maidana berto or the winner of alexanders next fight or ortiz bradleys out of luck..there will be no million dollar payday for bradley..even bob arum cant made chicken shit into chicken marsala.
bradley cut his nose off to spite his face..smart move.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 25, 2011 12:36 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:Right...he'd rather wait, suffer the criticism, and starve Shaw out. The money will be there after the 30th.

I gotta agree with Bradley on this, Shaw had since January 29th to make a fight with Marcos Maidana, Andre Berto, Khan or rematch wAlexander and he still couldnt get it done??? And with HBO's support, wtf

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:38 pm

plus golden boy will not be that forgiving and offer him a fight with one of there fighters..

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 25, 2011 12:39 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i may be in the minority here but hbo WILL not throw millions at bradley.hes burned them a few times already.kahn and the alexander fight..if its not maidana berto or the winner of alexanders next fight or ortiz bradleys out of luck..there will be no million dollar payday for bradley..even bob arum cant made chicken shit into chicken marsala.
bradley cut his nose off to spite his face..smart move.

HBO wants American fighters on their network, why they are so desperate for fighters like AJ Broner, Andre Berto, Paul Williams to be successful

Count that they will put Bradley back on their air, if they dont, Arum will take him to Showtime where things are all going great at the moment
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 25, 2011 12:41 pm

dmar5143 wrote:plus golden boy will not be that forgiving and offer him a fight with one of there fighters..

Look at them now without Bradley. Talking Judah, Morales, or Guerrero lol

They cant get Judah done, Morales hahahaha, and they'll probably end up with Khan vs a lightweight in Guerrero

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:47 pm

again bradleys not geting paid big money unless its thoses fights mentioned or a equal to them...showtime huh.yep for 40 percent of what hbo offered...i cant believe what im reading here.that bradleys right and its shaws fault..why not just take the kahn fight and say shaw your out of luck cause our contract is expired..ill tell you why not cause bradley HAD to agree and say to shaw ok ill do the fight but after it we are done..he reniged on that it seems..so go to showtime for 400 -500 thousand which is far less then hbo money but still overpaying that punks ass..

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed May 25, 2011 12:49 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:Right...he'd rather wait, suffer the criticism, and starve Shaw out. The money will be there after the 30th.

I gotta agree with Bradley on this, Shaw had since January 29th to make a fight with Marcos Maidana, Andre Berto, Khan or rematch wAlexander and he still couldnt get it done??? And with HBO's support, wtf

This isn't true IMO. Shaw had a career high deal in place for Khan. No one wanted the Alexander rematch, Berto was busy, and Maidana moved on as well. I believe the Khan deal was finished in March or April at the latest.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:51 pm

ubegcats your right..100 percent right..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 12:53 pm

shaw hbo and golden boy delivered and kahn up the moneys with a uk split..yet bradleys right..geez.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 25, 2011 12:54 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:This isn't true IMO. Shaw had a career high deal in place for Khan. No one wanted the Alexander rematch, Berto was busy, and Maidana moved on as well. I believe the Khan deal was finished in March or April at the latest.

Maidana vs Morales was done last minute after JMM said no to Terrible, Ortiz vs Berto only came about after Berto struggled to find an opponent and Khan was busy getting dropped by Sky and fighting nobody McCloskey

Why wait til July??? get it done before deal expires
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 25, 2011 12:56 pm

dmar5143 wrote:shaw hbo and golden boy delivered and kahn up the moneys with a uk split..yet bradleys right..geez.

the guy doesnt want to work with Shaw, its his choice, he had a great offer in front of him

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 1:10 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
dmar5143 wrote:shaw hbo and golden boy delivered and kahn up the moneys with a uk split..yet bradleys right..geez.

the guy doesnt want to work with Shaw, its his choice, he had a great offer in front of him

..if thats the case and it could be then 1.bradley when extention talks were going on or after the alexander fight should of said any fight with shaw has to have me in the ring by june 30 or the deals off.he did not say that and 2.this point of before he accepted the alexander fight hbo said look we will gaurentee another 1 million dollard deal for another fight with a fighter of our chosing so please take the alexander fight.1000-1 gary shaw had to sign that hbo deal also.so if bradley doesnt want to do business with shaw fine but that other fight deal which shaw was a part of the contract goes out the window.its void per bradleys reasons then..soo hbo should say that..its fucking by by bradley untill you sign with another promoter then let him come to us for possible fights cause as of now or after june 30th you have no deal with us since shaw was part of that deal..good move bradley.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed May 25, 2011 1:25 pm

Seems like all we're concerned with is the here & now. Bradley seems to be worried about his future. It's clear he doesn't want Shaw in his future. He'll have to live with his decisions.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 1:48 pm

Bradley had to be forced into the Alexander fight by HBO, he's become quite the greedy little diva.

He's being ridiculous right now, Shaw is offering him 80% with no contract extensions for the Khan fight, he's got bad people around him whispering lies into his ear about Pac fights.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed May 25, 2011 1:54 pm

Ali wrote:Bradley had to be forced into the Alexander fight by HBO, he's become quite the greedy little diva.

He's being ridiculous right now, Shaw is offering him 80% with no contract extensions for the Khan fight, he's got bad people around him whispering lies into his ear about Pac fights.
This is what I suspected also & if it's the main reason, then he's crazy. I just think he's had enough of Shaw. The 80% was offered after he declined Khan as was Khans 50/50 split so maybe he had made up his mind already & did not want to backtrack by giving in.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 1:57 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Ali wrote:Bradley had to be forced into the Alexander fight by HBO, he's become quite the greedy little diva.

This is what I suspected also & if it's the main reason, then he's crazy. I just think he's had enough of Shaw. The 80% was offered after he declined Khan as was Khans 50/50 split so maybe he had made up his mind already & did not want to backtrack by giving in.

Gary Shaw is an ass but I could put up with him one last time for a cool couple million.

And the beauty is IF Bradley were to beat Khan he'd be free to make lucrative deals with other promoters because he'd be hot property.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next