The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vitali told Wlad to quit boxing after his losses

5 posters

Go down

Vitali told Wlad to quit boxing after his losses  Empty Vitali told Wlad to quit boxing after his losses

Post  captainanddew Sun May 22, 2011 9:03 pm

from boxingscene
By Edward Chaykovsky

WBO/IBO/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko admits that after his two embarrassing knockout defeats, against Corrie Sanders in March 2003 and Lamon Brewster 13 months later, even his holder brother, WBC champ Vitali Klitschko - told him to quit boxing.

"Even my brother Vitali said, 'Look at your face, where you are right now, I think it's time to say goodbye to the sport'. I thought I wasn't where I belonged. I was always a champ but suddenly I was on the floor. It was very motivational and a great experience," Wladimir told News of The World.

Klitschko realized that he needed a change and he began to watch tapes of great fighters and reinvented his style. He also started listening working a lot hard with trainer Emanuel Steward.

"There were certain things I took from other different fighters and even Mike Tyson. Even though we are different sizes, certain things I took from Mike as well," Wladimir said. "If I could change those things, I wouldn't. I would never be the person I am today inside or outside the ring if I hadn't suffered those two losses."

Since losing to Brewster, Klitschko has won 13 consecutive fights, captured three world titles and established himself as the best heavyweight in boxing.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Vitali told Wlad to quit boxing after his losses  Empty Re: Vitali told Wlad to quit boxing after his losses

Post  powerpuncher Sun May 22, 2011 9:21 pm

i always thought it was funny when he got KO'd then he started winning. that didnt make me happy.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Vitali told Wlad to quit boxing after his losses  Empty Re: Vitali told Wlad to quit boxing after his losses

Post  Guest Mon May 23, 2011 12:15 pm

If only Wladimir had listened to Vitali Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon May 23, 2011 12:27 pm

Pizza Face Countdown: 40 Days
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed May 25, 2011 8:00 pm

Wlad is Serious Business.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 25, 2011 8:07 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:Wlad is Serious Business.

Yup, SERIOUS. when he starts off like this
"Vits not actually really funny"

He aint playing around!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Wed May 25, 2011 8:10 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
NJBeatdown86 wrote:Wlad is Serious Business.

Yup, SERIOUS. when he starts off like this
"Vits not actually really funny"

He aint playing around!

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Wed May 25, 2011 8:11 pm

"If knocked down, he is to get up, and continue fighting to round 12"
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Haye needs to shake the magic hand.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down