The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sulaiman Disputing Arce's Claim of Winning Four Titles

+4
flapanther2001
gomez1012
captainanddew
GrantZilla
8 posters

Go down

Sulaiman Disputing Arce's Claim of Winning Four Titles  Empty Sulaiman Disputing Arce's Claim of Winning Four Titles

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 15, 2011 4:48 pm

WBC President Jose Sulaiman is disputing Jorge Arce's claim of being the first "Mexican boxer to win four world titles in four weight divisions." Arce knocked out Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. last Saturday to win the super bantamweight title. Arce was the WBC/WBO junior flyeweight champion and the WBA/WBC super flyweight champion. Sulaiman says Arce's title at 112-pounds was the WBC interim-belt and the Mexican boxer never held the "full title."

http://www.boxingscene.com/sulaiman-disputing-arces-claim-winning-four-titles--39103

Bu hahaha, idiot Sulaiman admiting his titles are bullshit. I bet that didn't stop him from charging Arce for his "interim" title which is not a "full title."

Boxers are so stupid to pay for this kind of bullshit. Heh
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Sulaiman Disputing Arce's Claim of Winning Four Titles  Empty Re: Sulaiman Disputing Arce's Claim of Winning Four Titles

Post  captainanddew Sun May 15, 2011 5:27 pm

GrantZilla wrote:WBC President Jose Sulaiman is disputing Jorge Arce's claim of being the first "Mexican boxer to win four world titles in four weight divisions." Arce knocked out Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. last Saturday to win the super bantamweight title. Arce was the WBC/WBO junior flyeweight champion and the WBA/WBC super flyweight champion. Sulaiman says Arce's title at 112-pounds was the WBC interim-belt and the Mexican boxer never held the "full title."

http://www.boxingscene.com/sulaiman-disputing-arces-claim-winning-four-titles--39103

Bu hahaha, idiot Sulaiman admiting his titles are bullshit. I bet that didn't stop him from charging Arce for his "interim" title which is not a "full title."

this is the greatest thing ever. He gets the Mexican holy grail and Sulaiman admits one of them was a bullshit interim title. LOL!!!
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Sulaiman Disputing Arce's Claim of Winning Four Titles  Empty Re: Sulaiman Disputing Arce's Claim of Winning Four Titles

Post  gomez1012 Sun May 15, 2011 5:29 pm

Of all people... lol
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun May 15, 2011 6:07 pm

Now ain't that about as funny as it gets. I guess Karma truly is a bitch. So Sulaiman has to admit that due to his greedy bullshit, a guy that's been a warrior can't claim true championship status simply because of Sulaiman's greedy bullshit. I hope Fat Dan sends another message to him about this debacle.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 15, 2011 6:19 pm

Bet he wouldn't be saying shit if it was Bum Jr or Alverez
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun May 15, 2011 9:09 pm

GrantZilla wrote:WBC President Jose Sulaiman is disputing Jorge Arce's claim of being the first "Mexican boxer to win four world titles in four weight divisions." Arce knocked out Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. last Saturday to win the super bantamweight title. Arce was the WBC/WBO junior flyeweight champion and the WBA/WBC super flyweight champion. Sulaiman says Arce's title at 112-pounds was the WBC interim-belt and the Mexican boxer never held the "full title."

lol yeah him admitting this is just a slap to the face for the belts he gives away for that little fee.

As for Arce, the guy holding the real WBC belt never wanted to fight him. Hes the current 112lb ring champ and in the top 10 p4p BTW.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Sun May 15, 2011 9:25 pm

Diego, Pongsaklek never wanted to fight Arce? Interesting. I never knew that. But it makes sense since Arce held the interim belt so long smack in the middle of Pong's reign.

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sun May 15, 2011 9:35 pm

ScottLevinson wrote:Diego, Pongsaklek never wanted to fight Arce? Interesting. I never knew that. But it makes sense since Arce held the interim belt so long smack in the middle of Pong's reign.
It was around the time he was becoming a regular on HBO and all he was doing was defending the interm belt. Im pretty sure the HBO guys or Dan said it. WBC never enforced the fight, reason it never happened if anything.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 15, 2011 10:44 pm

Arce is only a one linear division champ at Jr Flyweight when he beat Yo-Sam Choi.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sun May 15, 2011 10:54 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Bet he wouldn't be saying shit if it was Bum Jr or Alverez

He would. Thing is, he's right. Interim's dont count.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 16, 2011 12:12 am

SlickMoney wrote:

Of course they don't count. Yet he puts them out and charges sanctioning feels. Even regular WBC title doesn't mean shit.

Does regular WBC Jr Middle title that Alverez got for beating Matty Hatton count?
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon May 16, 2011 11:59 am

GrantZilla wrote:
SlickMoney wrote:

Of course they don't count. Yet he puts them out and charges sanctioning feels. Even regular WBC title doesn't mean shit.

Does regular WBC Jr Middle title that Alverez got for beating Matty Hatton count?

And ppl still pay for them. If i can sell the dirt in my backyard for 5 bucks i would.

Yes, Alvarez's title does count. Doesnt mean anything but it counts as a title.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon May 16, 2011 12:05 pm

Donaire called himself champ at 115 for having a interm WBA belt. Williams interm WBO champ at 154. Maidana interm champ at 140.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon May 16, 2011 12:15 pm

They dont count as full title reigns though. Williams is still a 1 division champ.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon May 16, 2011 12:19 pm

SlickMoney wrote:They dont count as full title reigns though. Williams is still a 1 division champ.
Im just saying, I can careless if their champions or not. I think its BS that these organizations even offer these belt. Fighters need to pay for these things to get a shot at the real title however. BTW Im pretty sure PW would beat any 154 champ now, Donaire would of killed Vic for all his belts at 115 and Im sure Maidana could handle Zab for his title also.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon May 16, 2011 12:46 pm

I had the biggest argument when I said that any "Interim" belt meant absolutely nothing. I was told that it is there to secure a fight with the true champ, similar to "next in line" status.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 16, 2011 3:05 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:I had the biggest argument when I said that any "Interim" belt meant absolutely nothing. I was told that it is there to secure a fight with the true champ, similar to "next in line" status.

All the trinkets mean shit at this point.

"I held the WBC title. I've held the IBF title. Titles don't mean nothing," Chad Dawson
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon May 16, 2011 3:21 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:I had the biggest argument when I said that any "Interim" belt meant absolutely nothing. I was told that it is there to secure a fight with the true champ, similar to "next in line" status.

All the trinkets mean shit at this point.

"I held the WBC title. I've held the IBF title. Titles don't mean nothing," Chad Dawson
They were promoting the Rigondeaux vs Casey fight as a "World Championship Fight" for the Interim WBA World Super Bantamweight Title". My question was, how can it be for a "World" title when it's an Interim belt?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon May 16, 2011 3:23 pm

Interim:
an intervening time; interval; meantime: in the interim.
a temporary or provisional arrangement; stopgap; makeshift.
for, during, belonging to, or connected with an intervening period of time;
temporary; provisional
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon May 16, 2011 3:26 pm

I agree. But how can be a Champ, when Champion means your the best, when got 10 other guys claiming to be "Champs"

It's a joke
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Mon May 16, 2011 4:24 pm

WBC always brings the funnies
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down