The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you think its possible to see Mares winning every round against Moreno?

+3
Gumby
powerpuncher
kbyte
7 posters

Go down

Do you think its possible to make a case for Mares winning every round against Moreno?

Do you think its possible to see Mares winning every round against Moreno? I_vote_lcap20%Do you think its possible to see Mares winning every round against Moreno? I_vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
Do you think its possible to see Mares winning every round against Moreno? I_vote_lcap80%Do you think its possible to see Mares winning every round against Moreno? I_vote_rcap 80% 
[ 8 ]

Total Votes : 10

Do you think its possible to see Mares winning every round against Moreno? Empty Do you think its possible to see Mares winning every round against Moreno?

Post  kbyte Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:02 am

I'm just asking because people seem to be really annoyed by the 120-106 card by one of the judges. He gave Mares every round and scored the knockdown and point deduction. If you disagree with the score do you feel that its not possible to make a case for Mares winning every round of the fight?

I didn't put the fight under a microscope while I was watching it but I watched and enjoyed it and felt that Mares was in control the whole way and Moreno never got comfortable. It seemed like Mares was doing more in every round so while it was a competitive fight I feel like the shutout scorecard can be justified. Again I think it was a competitive fight but one that may not be reflected in the scorecards. What do you guys think?
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Do you think its possible to see Mares winning every round against Moreno? Empty Re: Do you think its possible to see Mares winning every round against Moreno?

Post  powerpuncher Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:29 am

i thought that the score was pretty ridiculous but i think that you COULD score every round for mares even though some rounds were pretty clear for moreno. there have been quite a few bad decisions throughout the years where i have said this same thing. i just dont think that watching that fight you WOULD score every round for mares because some rounds moreno did better.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Do you think its possible to see Mares winning every round against Moreno? Empty Re: Do you think its possible to see Mares winning every round against Moreno?

Post  Gumby Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:41 pm

You could, but I don't think it's what a competent judge would have. It basically means he was scoring every round on aggression.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:59 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i thought that the score was pretty ridiculous but i think that you COULD score every round for mares even though some rounds were pretty clear for moreno. there have been quite a few bad decisions throughout the years where i have said this same thing. i just dont think that watching that fight you WOULD score every round for mares because some rounds moreno did better.
I dont know how you could in the round where Moreno clearly hurt Mares. It was a close fight and at least one round Moreno easily won.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:48 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:i thought that the score was pretty ridiculous but i think that you COULD score every round for mares even though some rounds were pretty clear for moreno. there have been quite a few bad decisions throughout the years where i have said this same thing. i just dont think that watching that fight you WOULD score every round for mares because some rounds moreno did better.
I dont know how you could in the round where Moreno clearly hurt Mares. It was a close fight and at least one round Moreno easily won.
i really dont remember any round that moreno completely dominated. i gave moreno 5 rounds and im saying that i think that it was a terrible scorecard, but pretty much every round for me could have gone either way.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:51 am

powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
i really dont remember any round that moreno completely dominated. i gave moreno 5 rounds and im saying that i think that it was a terrible scorecard, but pretty much every round for me could have gone either way.
off the top of my head I can't remember what round but it was the round where Moreno landed that big body shot and then went back up to the head and mares went back to the ropes. He was hurt and Moreno I thought won that round pretty easy. Other than that mares really dominated the space and Moreno sucks going backwards
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:26 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
off the top of my head I can't remember what round but it was the round where Moreno landed that big body shot and then went back up to the head and mares went back to the ropes. He was hurt and Moreno I thought won that round pretty easy. Other than that mares really dominated the space and Moreno sucks going backwards
its true that he cant fight going backwords but mares was really pressuring him. most fighters dont pressure that much.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:27 pm

powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
its true that he cant fight going backwords but mares was really pressuring him. most fighters dont pressure that much.
am I the only one who thinks that his style will be the reason Donaire ko's him
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:20 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

no. I believe Donaire is going to flatten him.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:57 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

no. I believe Donaire is going to flatten him.
I see this being one of those HOLY SHIT moments in boxing where Donaire absolutely dominates another great fighter to the point of us believing he is something really special. Kinda like Pac vs MAB.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:37 am

hopefully the fight happens. then we will see. i think that donaire will be the favorite but i believe that mares wins it. mares has the better resume.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:02 pm

powerpuncher wrote:hopefully the fight happens. then we will see. i think that donaire will be the favorite but i believe that mares wins it. mares has the better resume.

I think Donaire proves his worth scoring a crushing ko over an over-eager to exchange mares. He is made for a counter puncher with power... Donaire fits that bill perfectly

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:26 am

dbudge wrote:
powerpuncher wrote:hopefully the fight happens. then we will see. i think that donaire will be the favorite but i believe that mares wins it. mares has the better resume.

I think Donaire proves his worth scoring a crushing ko over an over-eager to exchange mares. He is made for a counter puncher with power... Donaire fits that bill perfectly
Thats kinda what I think. But if anyone can out pressure a counter puncher it is Mares.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:48 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
dbudge wrote:

Thats kinda what I think. But if anyone can out pressure a counter puncher it is Mares.
i would never say its impossible because donaire has big KO power and is quick, but his opponents usually dont pressure him so we will see.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:40 pm

I didn't catch the fights last week, but from what I was told it was a bit competitive, but no doubt it should have been a UD for Mares. Because it was competitive, Moreno should have had some rounds won from all judges if there wasn't bias. There was clearly bias by this judge because its unreasonable to turn in a disgraceful card like without getting some compensation from some another party that had interest in seeing Mares win. Its sad to say but some judges get paid for ridicules scorecards and boxing commissions are so corrupt they allow this shit to go on. If you want to see such BS cards all the time, suspending judges should be a consequence. This however will never happen, well again because it did happen in the Lara-Williams fight, but that was once in a life time deal.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down