The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pac-Mosley atleast 1.2 million PPV buys

+4
gomez1012
NJBeatdown86
captainanddew
GrantZilla
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Pac-Mosley atleast 1.2 million PPV buys Empty Pac-Mosley atleast 1.2 million PPV buys

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 11, 2011 9:58 pm

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Pac-Mosley atleast 1.2 million PPV buys Empty Re: Pac-Mosley atleast 1.2 million PPV buys

Post  captainanddew Wed May 11, 2011 10:11 pm

I got milked but I'm not a Pactard. Just a boxing fan.

I hope it ends up with a good number. The better the number the better for boxing.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Pac-Mosley atleast 1.2 million PPV buys Empty Re: Pac-Mosley atleast 1.2 million PPV buys

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 11, 2011 10:38 pm

captainanddew wrote:I got milked but I'm not a Pactard. Just a boxing fan.

I hope it ends up with a good number. The better the number the better for boxing.

Is it though? I mean this fight do to CBS likely brought in a lot of casual to non boxing fans. And it wasn't exactly kind of fight that made boxing look good, you know.

It showed everything that people critisize boxing for. A boring 12-round decision, an opponent just there for a paycheck, and no fighting spirit. Touching gloves every fucking second.

I just hope people watched the Arce fight to know boxing isn't always as lame as the main event was.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 11, 2011 10:51 pm

they should have done a 5-6 fight card, run it from 8pm and make sure it is a stacked card. We all figured before the fights that Alvarado was a guy many of us had heard of and hadn't seen. Pavlik was facing a largely unproven guy. Arce vs Jr. was the best fight on paper and the best fight of the night.

If CBS is going to help at all with boxing (if just using it to promote Showtime PPVs), then the cards need to be stellar. But promoters don't like that. They'll have guys lose.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 11, 2011 10:55 pm

chances are most watched more then that fight..1.2 is minimum there guessing so it reached my highest expectation.lets see what the final numbers are.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed May 11, 2011 11:11 pm

captainanddew wrote:If CBS is going to help at all with boxing (if just using it to promote Showtime PPVs), then the cards need to be stellar. But promoters don't like that. They'll have guys lose.

The thing is, promoters figure nobody watches the undercards. And they are kind of right. Shit, venue was half empty during almost all the undercards. The bar I was at didn't put the PPV onto main screen until the main event.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 12, 2011 12:44 pm

Hmm, honestly I expected more.

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu May 12, 2011 12:48 pm

The Hooters I was at was actually packed by the time the Pavlik fight ended. People were definintely there for the fight as it emptied out as soon as the fight ended. People went nuts for the Arce-Vasquez Jr. fight.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 12, 2011 12:51 pm

The MGM crowd didn't fully appreciate Arce vs Jr, they were far too quiet during that war.

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu May 12, 2011 12:53 pm

That MGM crowd weren't real boxing fans. Celebs, high-rollers mostly. One of the reasons I love the crazy Polish crowd @ The Rock, is that they go apeshit for all the fights, especially for the locals.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 12, 2011 12:54 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:That MGM crowd weren't real boxing fans. Celebs, high-rollers mostly. One of the reasons I love the crazy Polish crowd @ The Rock, is that they go apeshit for all the fights, especially for the locals.

Love seeing Adamek's fans all dressed up in soccer shirts and face paint Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu May 12, 2011 12:58 pm

No joke, before the Michael Grant fight, my dad and I went to a restraunt nearby, and as early as 5 that evening you could here "POLLLLSSSSKKKKAAAAAA". And they never stop, they just keep going and going.

Only problem is people try to speak Polish to you, and I don't have an ounce of Pole in me.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Are there alot of attractive Polish broads at Adamek's fights ?

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Thu May 12, 2011 1:04 pm

Hell yeah, if you like blondes, your in luck. Tons of hot Polish girls, usually some fine latinas for the undercard bouts.

At the Judah-Mabuza fight, the women in the crowd were hotter than the ugly ass b-team ring girls.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 12, 2011 1:06 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:Hell yeah, if you like blondes, your in luck. Tons of hot Polish girls, usually some fine latinas for the undercard bouts.

At the Judah-Mabuza fight, the women in the crowd were hotter than the ugly ass b-team ring girls.

Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu May 12, 2011 1:14 pm

captainanddew wrote:I got milked but I'm not a Pactard. Just a boxing fan.

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat May 14, 2011 11:12 am

polish girls are nasty. no ass, no tits and they all look like meerkats. eurgh

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat May 14, 2011 12:51 pm

dbudge wrote:polish girls are nasty. no ass, no tits and they all look like meerkats. eurgh

Pac-Mosley atleast 1.2 million PPV buys Img-1383-130x195

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat May 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Ali wrote:
dbudge wrote:polish girls are nasty. no ass, no tits and they all look like meerkats. eurgh

Pac-Mosley atleast 1.2 million PPV buys Img-1383-130x195

if thatis a meerkat, I'd like to get me some meerkat.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat May 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Not every main event is gonna be a barn burner. The Mayweather/Marquez fight did big PPV numbers and that fight sucked. GSP vs Shields did numbers & sucked. It happens. They need to stack the undercards just in case the headliner craps out.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 15, 2011 3:27 am

Meet Joanna Krupa from Poland

Pac-Mosley atleast 1.2 million PPV buys Joanna+Krupa

Ewelina Olczak from Poland
Pac-Mosley atleast 1.2 million PPV buys 30268110
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 15, 2011 4:34 am

flapanther2001 wrote:Not every main event is gonna be a barn burner. The Mayweather/Marquez fight did big PPV numbers and that fight sucked. GSP vs Shields did numbers & sucked. It happens. They need to stack the undercards just in case the headliner craps out.

Nobody outside us hardcore fans cares about undercards. Notice how FOTY candite Arce-Vazquez Jr fight has been completly ignored.

The main event deserves critism because was shit match making. We all know Mosleyw as finished, except for blind Pactards, and the deulsional. Along with suckers that got sucked into the hype.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 25, 2011 2:04 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=ArLNwm4G1Aw.735Fu3TbWuWUxLYF?slug=ki-iole_top_rank_golden_boy_feud_hurts_boxing_052511

That total has yet to be released, though Arum insisted it will be above 1.3 million. The total is significant for a number of reasons, not the least of which is to determine the impact that Top Rank’s decision to bring on CBS as a partner to aid in promoting the bout had on the sales.

A year earlier, Mosley fought Floyd Mayweather Jr. in a bout promoted by Golden Boy on HBO Pay-Per-View. That bout sold 1.4 million pay-per-view units. And with Arum’s failure to release the figure, there has been furious speculation in the industry that the Pacquiao-Mosley fight didn’t sell nearly as well as Mayweather-Mosley.

Several rival promoters are whispering that the Pacquiao-Mosley figure is actually 1.18 million. Arum says that is not the case and said this reporter’s prediction that it would settle on 1.375 million “might turn out to be right on the money.”

Arum explained the failure to release the numbers as an accounting issue. He said HBO Pay-Per-View’s Mark Taffet has a great ability to estimate a show’s performance based on the early numbers that come in. Generally, Taffet releases a number for an HBO Pay-Per-View show about five days after the fight.

Arum said neither Top Rank nor Showtime has the ability to predict a number like Taffet does, leading to the reporting delay. He said it could be months before there is one.

On May 20, presumably from rehab, De La Hoya wrote on Twitter, “Does anyone know the official Ppv #for mosley manny fight?”

On the surface, it was a harmless question, but given the belief among many outside of the promotion that Pacquiao-Mosley didn’t do as well as Arum said, and not nearly as well as Mayweather-Mosley, it’s clearly an attempt to jab at Top Rank.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 25, 2011 2:12 pm

Still an impressive number for a Filipino Welterweight.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed May 25, 2011 2:14 pm

Ali wrote:Still an impressive number for a Filipino Welterweight.

yea, Kevin Iole talking about the pissing contest between TR & GBP...

Even in rehab DLH cant shut up
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next