The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Party Time: Mayweather will be gone in current rankings

4 posters

Go down

Party Time: Mayweather will be gone in current rankings Empty Party Time: Mayweather will be gone in current rankings

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 01, 2011 3:00 pm

About time. He's held shit up long enough with his inactivity and irrelivancy
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Party Time: Mayweather will be gone in current rankings Empty Re: Party Time: Mayweather will be gone in current rankings

Post  Guest Sun May 01, 2011 3:02 pm

But didn't you hear Grant, Flod announced his return on facebook Very Happy

So now Ring will claim since Flod is planning to return they'll keep him in the WW rankings Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Party Time: Mayweather will be gone in current rankings Empty Re: Party Time: Mayweather will be gone in current rankings

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 01, 2011 3:08 pm

Ali wrote:But didn't you hear Grant, Flod announced his return on facebook Very Happy

So now Ring will claim since Flod is planning to return they'll keep him in the WW rankings Twisted Evil

Naw, he has to have a scheduled fight by the one year mark
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 01, 2011 3:11 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:But didn't you hear Grant, Flod announced his return on facebook Very Happy

Naw, he has to have a scheduled fight by the one year mark

I am sure they'll bend the rules in this case just to tease you Wink

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun May 01, 2011 4:31 pm

to be fair it doesn't matter whether Mayweather is gone or not. we all know that deep down pound for pound supremacy lies between Mayweather and Pacquiao and that there will never be a true undisputed 147lb champ all the time Mayweather and Pacquiao don't fight. pound for pound supremacy is a fantasy idea anyway and rankings are subjective. Pacquiao and Mayweather's last challenge each is eachother. it will happen................................

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sun May 01, 2011 4:43 pm

Maywather values his P4P status. What he brags about. When The Ring drops him, everyone else will follow in the media.

You can bet Money will not like being on the discussion anymore.

Him dropping out of the Welter rankings is meaningless, since Pac will not fight Ortiz for the Welter crown. He'd rather fight a on the decline JMM at Welter
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun May 01, 2011 4:46 pm

and then Mayweather comes out and fights Ortiz. easy money. sell that shit on HBO PPV, get a W over the number 3 ranked Welterweight, both promoted by Golden Boy. i think it will happen

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  ScottLevinson Sun May 01, 2011 4:50 pm

dbudge wrote:and then Mayweather comes out and fights Ortiz. easy money. sell that shit on HBO PPV, get a W over the number 3 ranked Welterweight, both promoted by Golden Boy. i think it will happen

Sounds about right. Problem is there's no clamor for that. Everytime a Floyd match gets made, I think "as if anybody wanted that." Other times, he just goes off the reservation completely with fights like Marquez, a fight that had zero clamor. I like the word "clamor."

ScottLevinson

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun May 01, 2011 4:57 pm

The Marquez fight might have had zero "clamor" but it still sold over 1 million on PPV comfortably. any time Mayweather fights there is "clamor", because it's Floyd Mayweather. the pantomine villain that everybody wants to see lose.

at this point the only person that i genuinely want to see Mayweather fight is Pacquiao. other than that maybe Martinez at 154lb, other than that.....................

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 01, 2011 5:23 pm

Floyd is going to fight Pac, he is just looking for Pac to slow down.

So he tries to wait him out.

Let guys like Cotto, Clottey, Cheato, and maybe Mosley, land some shots on the smaller man. Hope that age and an accumulation of punches takes a little from the Pac Monster. Then take him on.

I know some would argue that Pac had no issues with the guys listed above. After the Cotto fight where Pac took some good shots he looked rough. After the Clottey fight, Pac didn't come through unmarked. Clottey landed so few punches, but the ones that did land did a little damage (especially the few uppercuts that lifted Pac's feet up). Cheato took a ton of punishment but he landed some good body shots. He didn't get hit that much but he looked much rougher than the shots landed after those fights (he is a junior welter fighting welters).

Did Pac beat all those guys convincingly? Hell yes. Will an accumulation of shots over a career eventually have an affect on him? Probably.

If Pac appears to noticably slip, then Floyd will take the fight. If not, then Floyd will make excuses and retire.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 03, 2011 3:27 am

He's gone!!!!!

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue May 03, 2011 7:17 am

i dont think floyd cares one bit that all of a sudden hes no longer ranked anywhere by ring magazine.ring has made such a big deal about this on there internet site..rings policy is if your inactive for one year with a few resonable exceptions your droped from the rankings.thats fair enough but for 11 months and 29 days ring kept him ranked number 2 with that inactivity..they made no effort to penilize him lets say after 9 months and drop him to number 5 after 10 months down to 6 11 months down to 8 for example..big deal hes no longer ranked by ring.thats what floyds probably thinking.im thinking the same thing..
if floyd said next week ill fight ortiz next or manny in sept will there be a outcry from any of us complaining hes getting a shot at a belt and a unranked fighter should not deserve that.i dont think anyone will voice a complaint at all.
im glad hes gone and its fair but it was also ring magazines inactivity for a long time to do nothing about it like droping him down each month lets say after 9 months of inactivity as i suggested earlier.hopefully ring will reexamin that issue in the future instead of making it a big deal all at once.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue May 03, 2011 12:19 pm

dmar5143 wrote:i dont think floyd cares one bit that all of a sudden hes no longer ranked anywhere by ring magazine.ring has made such a big deal about this on there internet site..rings policy is if your inactive for one year with a few resonable exceptions your droped from the rankings.thats fair enough but for 11 months and 29 days ring kept him ranked number 2 with that inactivity..they made no effort to penilize him lets say after 9 months and drop him to number 5 after 10 months down to 6 11 months down to 8 for example..big deal hes no longer ranked by ring.thats what floyds probably thinking.im thinking the same thing..
if floyd said next week ill fight ortiz next or manny in sept will there be a outcry from any of us complaining hes getting a shot at a belt and a unranked fighter should not deserve that.i dont think anyone will voice a complaint at all.
im glad hes gone and its fair but it was also ring magazines inactivity for a long time to do nothing about it like droping him down each month lets say after 9 months of inactivity as i suggested earlier.hopefully ring will reexamin that issue in the future instead of making it a big deal all at once.

this is exactly the same viewpoint that i share. Floyd is still the number 2 Welterweight in the World, possibly number 1 whether Ring rank him or not. Ring magazine have just given Floyd more attention than his lack of a professional career in the last 12 months deserves. they should have just dropped him and not made any kind of a deal about it at all. they shouldn't have even tried to justify their decision. they should have just done it and let Mayweather make a song and dance about it!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue May 03, 2011 2:53 pm

The Ring get's enough shit over claims of being bias. If they had just dumped Mayweather, you can bet all the Flomos would scream corruption, ect, ect. That's what everybody does it seems when they disagree with something.

Shit, they are probably doing it now. /Yet, The Ring gave him every opportunity to keep his spot by simply scheduling a fight.

But the fact is, Mayweather would give a fuck if The Ring had dropped him down after months of inactivity. That wouldn't have got him in the ring any faster.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down