The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jorge Linares Update

5 posters

Go down

Jorge Linares Update Empty Jorge Linares Update

Post  captainanddew Sun May 01, 2011 9:45 am

from fightnews:
By Gabriel F. Cordero

A confidential source informs that former two-division world champion Jorge “Niño de Oro” Linares could return May 28 in Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico against former world title challenger Francisco Cordero (24-1, 19 KOs). The weight would be between super featherweight and lightweight. The 24-year-old Cordero challenged for the WBA interim super featherweight belt against Jorge “Coloradito” Solis in September 2010. Linares last fought in Japan against former world champion Jesus “Matador” Chavez last October.

why is he doing fights at around 132 or 133. Just make the fights at 135 and make some noise. HIs team is a bunch of idiots. He can't make 130. Just get your fighter in the right shape for lightweight and get his career going forward.

I don't get what his career path is!!!!! Salgado KO'd him violently. They brought him back against the tough but limited Francisco Lorenzo. Hie won a decision. He beat Rocky Juarez wide. He beat Jesus Chavez who was definitely past his sell by date.

He beat Chavez in late October. So they have him sitting on his ass. And now he will fight in September in a fight that certainly isn't a step up in competition and it is going to be at a catchweight. This is beyond dumb.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Jorge Linares Update Empty Re: Jorge Linares Update

Post  Guest Sun May 01, 2011 10:10 am

good post.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sun May 01, 2011 11:35 am

Not sure what the deal is. Wasted talent
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun May 01, 2011 11:52 am

gomez1012 wrote:Not sure what the deal is. Wasted talent

+1 , following in the steps of Juan Guzman

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 01, 2011 1:23 pm

dbudge wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:Not sure what the deal is. Wasted talent

+1 , following in the steps of Juan Guzman

I wouldn't go that far, it's not like Linares is missing weight and failing drug tests.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 01, 2011 1:48 pm

and he's only 25 now. Guzman wasted a much longer time. But he does need a manager and promoter who is going to help him reach his potential. He is not taking steps up the ladder.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Linares is fine, he's a young kid who's still trying to re-build his confidence, no need to rush him in with the wolves again.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 01, 2011 2:05 pm

Ali wrote:Linares is fine, he's a young kid who's still trying to re-build his confidence, no need to rush him in with the wolves again.

no need for wolves but after you've beaten a tough Lorenzo, Rocky Juarez, and Jesus Chavez, you should be as confident as you are going to be!!! Those 3 guys are as good or better than the competition he faced before getting KO'd!!!!! Time to step it up.

and time to choose a division. Not hanging around in between 130 and 135. Pick a division (which I assume is going to be 135). And go from there.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun May 01, 2011 2:28 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:Linares is fine, he's a young kid who's still trying to re-build his confidence, no need to rush him in with the wolves again.

no need for wolves but after you've beaten a tough Lorenzo, Rocky Juarez, and Jesus Chavez, you should be as confident as you are going to be!!! Those 3 guys are as good or better than the competition he faced before getting KO'd!!!!! Time to step it up.

and time to choose a division. Not hanging around in between 130 and 135. Pick a division (which I assume is going to be 135). And go from there.

yeh exactly. they can't just leave his talents to rot away. they need to take advantage of them in his youth. they need to have a set direction they are going to move him in

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun May 01, 2011 2:31 pm

I don't see why Golden Boy aren't trying to make Juan Diaz vs Jorge Linares, that's a good fight for both men.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun May 01, 2011 2:51 pm

Ali wrote:I don't see why Golden Boy aren't trying to make Juan Diaz vs Jorge Linares, that's a good fight for both men.

He is co-promoted by Teiken and Golden Boy (or was). So multiple groups involved in the decision making.

Also, does Golden Boy ever really have good plans for fighters????

This board could sit down and come up with a short-term and long-term plan for a fighter, using a little common sense, and it would be much better than Golden Boy's seemingly unplanned promotion.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun May 01, 2011 4:09 pm

It is disappointing but I think he is another domino in the Pacquiao set. If Pac and Arum offer JMM an offer he can't refuse, he moves up. JMM would vacate his 2 belts which would elevate Guerrero. Ghost isn't a big enough name but could develop if he owns the lightweight division for a year or 2. One of the biggest and best names(non-TR fighters) he would have to beat is Linares.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sun May 01, 2011 7:09 pm

I completely agree that he needs to settle at 135. He should have a trainer and nutritionist working to make that happen. I like him a lot and don't want him to be offered up as a lamb for Guerrero until he establishes himself at the weight.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down