The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jorge Linares to fight in Mexico?

4 posters

Go down

Jorge Linares to fight in Mexico?  Empty Jorge Linares to fight in Mexico?

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:38 pm

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/linares-to-fight-in-mexico-81924

Two-division former world champion Jorge Linares could have his next fight in Mexico on May 28. Potential opponents for Linares include Willie Lemond English and Sergio Priotti for the a proposed lightweight ten-rounder, but apparently Golden Boy is also looking for other candidates. One source indicated that after the fight in Mexico, Linares could return in the U.S. against Juan “Baby Bull” Diaz, Michael Katsidis or maybe even WBA interim lightweight titleholder Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero.

Not bad
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Jorge Linares to fight in Mexico?  Empty Re: Jorge Linares to fight in Mexico?

Post  Diego408 Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Guerrero vs Linares would be a great match up. I remember when GBP signed Linares and were hoping of making a super fight with Guerrero lol then Linares got laid out in one round. Kirklands fisrt round KO wasnt the fisrt time one of GBP over hyped fighters got exposed.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Diego408 wrote:Guerrero vs Linares would be a great match up. I remember when GBP signed Linares and were hoping of making a super fight with Guerrero lol then Linares got laid out in one round. Kirklands fisrt round KO wasnt the fisrt time one of GBP over hyped fighters got exposed.

Linares vs Guerreo would be the best

From twitter

jorgelinares22 @OscarDeLaHoya BUENOS DIAS JEFE. ANDAMOS CHINGON PARA EL 28 DE MAYO EN MEXICO Y EN JULIO ALLI EN USA.. UN ABRAZO

Looks like fighting 5/28 in Mexico then going to be on that GBP July PPV Judah vs Morales/Marquez

GBP July PPV in the works
Morales (most likely) vs Judah
Broner vs Litzau
Linares vs TBA
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:23 pm

Diego408 wrote:Guerrero vs Linares would be a great match up. I remember when GBP signed Linares and were hoping of making a super fight with Guerrero lol then Linares got laid out in one round. Kirklands fisrt round KO wasnt the fisrt time one of GBP over hyped fighters got exposed.

That was after ya boy quit cuz he had a paper cut.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:43 pm

SlickMoney wrote:

That was after ya boy quit cuz he had a paper cut.
eh who really cares? cut was actually bad, but he did quit and is one of the best lightweights in the world.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:57 am

I'm high on him, but he's not ready for Guerrero. He hasn't even proven he's ready for the weight.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:21 pm

Morales vs Maidana II, MAB IV, or Judah being eyed for July PPV

Looking ahead to the summer, it looks as though Golden Boy will be staging another pay-per-view card on July 30th, according to Schaefer. "That’s something which I’m going to be working on, as well," he said. "Erik Morales is going to be coming this week to Los Angeles; he’s going to be at the fights on Saturday night and we’ll be sitting down with him to see what’s next for him. But I’m pretty confident, as a matter of fact, that he’s going to be on that card."

That card, which will most likely land either in Los Angeles or Las Vegas, could feature the fourth chapter of one of the most heated rivalries this sport has ever seen.

"I read in the Mexican press that Marco Antonio Barrera is interested in a fight with Morales. So we might look at that," said Schaefer, who added that another possibility is a Morales rematch with Marcos Maidana.

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-lead/a-golden-weekend
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:08 pm

If they make Linares vs Guerrero I hope it's on B.A.D or WCB, it's time the Ghost got a little exposure and momentum going.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down