The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cotto vs Cheato and Cintron Top Rank Signing

5 posters

Go down

Cotto vs Cheato and Cintron Top Rank Signing Empty Cotto vs Cheato and Cintron Top Rank Signing

Post  captainanddew Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:49 pm

from boxingscene:

By Michael Marley

It was formally announced Thursday by Top Rank that junior middleweight contender Kermit Cintron was joining their ranks. I rang Arum in Puerto Rico, where his marvelous little champ Juan Manuel Lopez fights Saturday night, to ask about plans for the James Prince handled Cintron. (Prince being the Houston Rap-A-Lot music mogul who used to manage Floyd Mayweather Jr. before they had a money dispute.)

Arum said Cintron likely fits in as the next foe for the Antonio Margarito-Miguel Cotto revenge match winner. The rematch was set to happen in July in New Jersey but the Mexican veteran is still recovering from wounds caused by the beating he took last November from Manny Pacquiao.

"The doctors said to push it back to September and we have," Arum said. "Now the fight will be in Vegas, not in New Jersey. Cintron is a good opponent for the winner of that fight as well.

Lawyer Josh Dubin and and Prince are co-managers of Cintron who has a record of 31-2-1 with 27 knockouts. (He's been stopped twice by Margarito and lost on a technical decision to Paul Williams.)

It was Prince who guided Mosley away from Top Rank rival Golden Boy. Arum said his dealings with the music man have gone smooth, dating back to when he advised Mayweather.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Cheato and Cintron Top Rank Signing Empty Re: Cotto vs Cheato and Cintron Top Rank Signing

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:51 pm

captainanddew wrote:Arum said Cintron likely fits in as the next foe for the Antonio Margarito-Miguel Cotto revenge match winner. The rematch was set to happen in July in New Jersey but the Mexican veteran is still recovering from wounds caused by the beating he took last November from Manny Pacquiao.

I hope Cotto wins, then we'd have Cotto-Cintron for the Jr Middle crown.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Cotto vs Cheato and Cintron Top Rank Signing Empty Re: Cotto vs Cheato and Cintron Top Rank Signing

Post  captainanddew Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:10 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Arum said Cintron likely fits in as the next foe for the Antonio Margarito-Miguel Cotto revenge match winner. The rematch was set to happen in July in New Jersey but the Mexican veteran is still recovering from wounds caused by the beating he took last November from Manny Pacquiao.

I hope Cotto wins, then we'd have Cotto-Cintron for the Jr Middle crown.

would be for the crown, and it is 1 of the few good matchups we didn't get when Cotto, Cintron, Cheato, etc were all at 147.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:19 pm

Yup.

I wonder if MargoCheato ends up beating Cotto if we realy get Cheato-Cintron III

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:22 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Yup.

I wonder if MargoCheato ends up beating Cotto if we realy get Cheato-Cintron III

possible. cotto margs 2 is a 50-50 fight IMO

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:44 am

Groundhog wrote:possible. cotto margs 2 is a 50-50 fight IMO

Man, I don't want to see Cintron against Margs again. Granted, Margs likely was cheating when he fought Cintron, but even so.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:41 am

" I am down on bended knee "

Cintron vs Cotto would be great if Miguel won, however Cintron vs Tony III doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:23 am

I've been predicting for some time that a Cotto rematch for the jr middleweight lineal title is in the cards for Pac and this news brings it a baby step closer. I think Cotto beats Cheato because he will be extra motivated and Pac beat some life out of Margarito. I also like Cotto over Cintron because I just see Cintron as a athletic, big puncher who Cotto should outbox. I truly believe any of these 3 could come out the winner and face Pac fall of 2012.

Could the Pac-Cintron fight be the end of the world the Mayans predicted? Laughing

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:12 pm

Ali wrote:" I am down on bended knee "

Cintron vs Cotto would be great if Miguel won, however Cintron vs Tony III doesn't interest me in the slightest.

Cintron could finally get his revenge.... or would he?

Could Kermit take charge and just bomb Tony away with the right hand? Or does Margarito just own him for a third time?
Cotto vs Cheato and Cintron Top Rank Signing Margarito+vs.+Cintron+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:49 pm

Tony is Cintron's kryptonite, he mentally deflates him by swarming at Cintron's body and taking his bombs like they were bee stings. Tony's pressure is just too much for Cintron to cope with.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down