The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OK I am taking my cousin to his first boxing match saturday

Go down

OK I am taking my cousin to his first boxing match saturday Empty OK I am taking my cousin to his first boxing match saturday

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:06 am

Any suggestions on some of the things I need to point out to him? I have been to live boxing events about 15 times or so. I know thats not a lot to you Dmar. LOL
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

OK I am taking my cousin to his first boxing match saturday Empty Re: OK I am taking my cousin to his first boxing match saturday

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:27 am

sooner just enjoy the fight and atmosphere..point out a few basic things..whos controling the center of the ring or real estate..look for margos footplacement early fighting a south paw..see if margo is actualy using his height or reach advantages or is he not..note if theres a change from there usual fighting tactics.thats a key to a fight plan perhaps.see if the ref lets them fight or is he crimping one fighters style over another..view the activity in the corners between rounds...and root for pac..

Back to top Go down

OK I am taking my cousin to his first boxing match saturday Empty Re: OK I am taking my cousin to his first boxing match saturday

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:43 am

dmar5143 wrote:sooner just enjoy the fight and atmosphere..point out a few basic things..whos controling the center of the ring or real estate..look for margos footplacement early fighting a south paw..see if margo is actualy using his height or reach advantages or is he not..note if theres a change from there usual fighting tactics.thats a key to a fight plan perhaps.see if the ref lets them fight or is he crimping one fighters style over another..view the activity in the corners between rounds...and root for pac..
Its funny he is a big UFC fan and I got him to start watching boxing with the hatton vs Pac fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:19 pm

The first time I went to real pro fights I was astonished by the sheer violence of the sport. The Rocky movies look a little less silly after sitting ringside and watching one guy lift another off the mat with a crisp body shot or how a clean punch on the jaw makes a fighter react like he'd been stuck with a cattle prod.

One suggestion is to use the one minute between rounds to get him to focus on just one element in the next round. Get him thinking and anticipating along with the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down