The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

escobedo gets his ass kicked and then proposes

3 posters

Go down

escobedo gets his ass kicked and then proposes Empty escobedo gets his ass kicked and then proposes

Post  Rum Capital Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:08 am

Ring man: Boxer pops question after losing fight
Nov 7, 12:50 am EDT

ShareretweetEmailPrintNEWARK, New Jersey (AP)—American lightweight boxer Vicente Escobedo has picked the perfect spot to propose to his girlfriend.

Escobedo was soundly defeated by Robert Guerrero on Saturday on the undercard of Zab Judah’s fight against Lucas Matthysse. Undaunted, Escobedo dropped to his knee in the corner afterward and produced a tiny box and ring, asking Valerie Zarate to marry him. She said yes.

Escobedo was bloodied from a deep gash on his scalp and several other nicks he picked up along the way, but he hardly seemed distraught when the scores were read—100-88, 98-90 and 96-92 in favor of Guerrero.

After Escobedo proposed, Guerrero came over with a big smile and gave him a hug.

Said Escobedo: “It’s a loss, but I held my head up high and proposed.”

Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

escobedo gets his ass kicked and then proposes Empty Re: escobedo gets his ass kicked and then proposes

Post  Guest Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:14 am

lol the sympathy for him won her over.perfect timing.

Back to top Go down

escobedo gets his ass kicked and then proposes Empty Re: escobedo gets his ass kicked and then proposes

Post  Frank Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:24 am

Great idea for a marriage proposal but I think I'll pass. A nice restaurant and a surprise wedding ring hidden in a cake sounds a little safer.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:03 pm

Escobado fought well there; he lost clearly but showed a lot of heart and come on late in the fight. Nothing to be embarrased about anyway.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down