The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shooting at Berlin fight card.......

+3
dbudge
captainanddew
flapanther2001
7 posters

Go down

Shooting at Berlin fight card....... Empty Shooting at Berlin fight card.......

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:41 pm

Don't have details yet....as I get them, I'll give them.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Shooting at Berlin fight card....... Empty Re: Shooting at Berlin fight card.......

Post  captainanddew Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:19 pm

just hope everyone is going to be okay.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Shooting at Berlin fight card....... Empty Re: Shooting at Berlin fight card.......

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:01 am

As far as I know, everyone involved with the card is OK.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:34 am

the Nazi's are back!!!!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:05 am

This would've never happened if the mob was still running boxing. Twisted Evil

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:34 am

Details ?

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:21 pm

Friday night’s boxing card at "digibet Pferdesportpark Berlin-Karlshorst“ promoted by ARENA Sports-Promotion and Prime Time Events & Entertainment ended in a shock. Former WIBF and WIBA lightweight championesse Rola El-Halabi was shot down by her stepfather and former manager in the dressing room while preparing for an IBF championship bout which should have been the last fight on the night.

El-Halabi and two members of the local security staff were hit and injured by bullets before police could end the shooting and arrest the assassin. The incident happened after eight of the scheduled ten fights had already been finished.

In the most notable fights of the evening WBC Silver welterweight champion Selcuk Aydin and former WBA cruiserweight champion Firat Arslan scored impressive wins after longer layoffs. Aydin annihilated previously unbeaten Dzimtry Lubachkin from Russia in one round. Arslan stopped Czech journeyman Michal Bilak in three. German heavyweight prospect Erkan Teper showed a great performance against US veteran Robert Hawkins. Teper dropped his opponent twice with accurate uppercuts en route to a unanimous decision win after six rounds.

Local heroes Jennifer Retzke and Varol Vekiloglu could also score important wins to capture international titles. Retzke won the vacant IBF female light middleweight championship by outworking Eva Halasi over ten rounds. Vekiloglu stopped Muhammed Rasuli to win the vacant IBF East-West European light heavyweight championship.

"Of course, our thoughts and prayers are with Rola at the moment", said Prime Time promoter Eva Rolle. "I sincerely hope that she will recover from this assassination attempt fast and return to the ring soon. Unfortunately, this dramatic incident overshadows the great performances in the other fights. We've seen a great night of boxing until it was ended in such a brutal way."

http://www.boxingscene.com/rola-el-halabi-shot-down-arena-card-germany--37686
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:28 pm

no good
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:19 pm

Update.......
Rola El-Halab shot by before title bout

BERLIN -- Boxer Rola El-Halabi was shot by her stepfather and former manager before a title fight, inflicting injuries that are not life-threatening but could imperil her career.

The undefeated 25-year-old German was preparing to fight Irma Balijagic Adler of Bosnia for the vacant IBF lightweight title Friday night when her 44-year-old stepfather entered her dressing room and shot her in the hand, knee and feet.

He also shot two security guards before being arrested, Berlin police said.

Sunday's edition of the Bild newspaper identified the gunman as Roy El-Halabi and reported that 800 spectators were evacuated from the arena.

Rola El-Halabi told the German daily: "Papa rushed into the room. He threatened us with a gun in his hand and shouted 'Everyone out!' And then he shot me in the hand from 3 meters. I cried and screamed."

Bild reported that El-Halabi split from her stepfather as a manager in January.

"When I had problems I could talk with him about anything, except when it was about boys. That was taboo," El-Halabi said.

The three victims were taken to the hospital for surgery.

El-Halabi won the WIBF and WIBA world titles in 2009 and has an 11-0 career record with six knockouts.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:24 pm

^WOW crazy!

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down