The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canelo vs Rhodes possible for June 18th?

+3
captainanddew
dbudge
gomez1012
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Canelo vs Rhodes possible for June 18th? Empty Canelo vs Rhodes possible for June 18th?

Post  gomez1012 Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:47 pm

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt=printable&id=37321#ixzz1HRi6QoVZ

A potential fight is inching closer between Mexico's Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (36-0, 26KOs) and British boxer Ryan Rhodes (45-4, 31KOs). WBC President Jose Sulaiman announced in Mexico City that Rhodes has been appointed as the mandatory challenger to Alvarez's WBC junior middleweight title. Sulaiman hinted that he was going to make this ruling a few days. Alvarez won the vacant title by way of decision over another British fighter, Matthew Hatton.

"We have chosen Ryan Rhodes because he is the highest available contender. We looked at someone higher than him, but we don't believe [Alfredo] Angulo is available," Sulaiman said.

The tentative date for Alvarez-Rhodes is June 18 in Mexico. No details were disclosed on the negotiations or whether a deal was finalized.

Get it done
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Canelo vs Rhodes possible for June 18th? Empty Re: Canelo vs Rhodes possible for June 18th?

Post  dbudge Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:01 pm

yes boy!! i'd love for this fight to happen. Rhodes will be a big step up from Matthew Hatton though

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Canelo vs Rhodes possible for June 18th? Empty Re: Canelo vs Rhodes possible for June 18th?

Post  gomez1012 Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:12 pm

dbudge wrote:yes boy!! i'd love for this fight to happen. Rhodes will be a big step up from Matthew Hatton though

I think Rhodes gets KO'd
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:15 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
dbudge wrote:yes boy!! i'd love for this fight to happen. Rhodes will be a big step up from Matthew Hatton though

I think Rhodes gets KO'd

lol you would. if Canelo couldn't stop Hatton then i don't think he will stop Rhodes. but you never know. maybe Rhodes would stop Canelo? Rhodes can be very slick, very fast and he can fight toe to toe. it seems that 154lb is his best weight so far. he looks sharper than ever lately and his skills really are far more polished than anything Canelo has been up against so far. i know you have massive doubts about Rhodes legitimacy but i'm willing to put my reputation on the line here and say that Rhodes will by far and away be Canelo's toughest assignment to date

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:19 pm

dbudge wrote:
lol you would. if Canelo couldn't stop Hatton then i don't think he will stop Rhodes. but you never know. maybe Rhodes would stop Canelo? Rhodes can be very slick, very fast and he can fight toe to toe. it seems that 154lb is his best weight so far. he looks sharper than ever lately and his skills really are far more polished than anything Canelo has been up against so far. i know you have massive doubts about Rhodes legitimacy but i'm willing to put my reputation on the line here and say that Rhodes will by far and away be Canelo's toughest assignment to date

Hatton fought to survive. He wasnt going to let Canelo stop him.

Rhodes is easier to hit, Moore & Lockett had no problem finding him. He'll get beat down trying to slug with Canelo

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:36 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
dbudge wrote:

Rhodes is easier to hit, Moore & Lockett had no problem finding him. He'll get beat down trying to slug with Canelo

Rhodes is a step up. While Canelo has a pretty good chance of passing the test, it is no gimme.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:38 pm

This fight will go to the scorecards. Canelo will beat Rhodes, but this is the type of fights that he needs to improve. Canelos frame is what will prevent him from being great. If he could go down to welter, he'd do much better. The truth is hes too small of a Jr Middleweight. Its the reason he doesnt have any real punching power at the weight. His legs are big for his size and hes just too thick all around.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:38 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Rhodes is a step up. While Canelo has a pretty good chance of passing the test, it is no gimme.

Im just saying Rhodes isnt the threat people make him out to be

He had one exciting fight so now he's a legit 154 lb'er? Rolling Eyes
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:39 pm

make the fight.its a step up for alvarez.rhodes giving him the best oposition means nothing cause alvarez has had little oposition.but if rhodes does himself proud in that fight even if he losses well then that statement is a possitive.it will give us a hint where both fighters truly are..lol the wbc did something right..dam unreal.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:42 pm

please advise me how alvarez now is a small 154 pounder..hes 5 ft 9 and fight night weight 165-170..how is that too dam small...

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:45 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Im just saying Rhodes isnt the threat people make him out to be

He had one exciting fight so now he's a legit 154 lb'er? Rolling Eyes

I'm not a huge Rhodes fan. I don't think he really will threaten Canelo, but he will make it alot tougher than fighting 147 pound guys (which is what Canelo has been doing).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:48 pm

dmar5143 wrote:please advise me how alvarez now is a small 154 pounder..hes 5 ft 9 and fight night weight 165-170..how is that too dam small...
Thank you....he's never going to 147 again.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:49 pm

dmar5143 wrote:please advise me how alvarez now is a small 154 pounder..hes 5 ft 9 and fight night weight 165-170..how is that too dam small...
Hes a stocky fellow, see Abraham. His size will do him no good against Angulo, Cintron and Williams. Hes a really slow guy.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:50 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Thank you....he's never going to 147 again.
I know that, and its a mistake that Canelo doesnt want to make that weight. Fighters at 154 are much tougher at this point.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:50 pm

captainanddew wrote:
I'm not a huge Rhodes fan. I don't think he really will threaten Canelo, but he will make it alot tougher than fighting 147 pound guys (which is what Canelo has been doing).

True at least its Jr MW
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:40 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
dbudge wrote:

the lockett fight was over 5 years ago at a higher weight. Rhodes' performance against Moore was brilliant. before that fight Moore was a force at 154lb. Moore has been in some of the most entertaining fights i've seen as the Rhodes fight was no different. the reason Moore isn't fighting now is because of abnormalities shown in CT scans, but he is a very respected guy on this side of the pond for his great fights. my point is that Moore was no pushover for anybody. he just got dragged through too many battles. comparing the Rhodes of today to the Rhodes that dropped a decision to Lockett isn't a fair reflection of Rhodes skills. his timing, accuracy and power have all improved since he has moved to 154lb and his boxing skills are pretty well rounded. something M.Hatton will never have and although Canelo dominated he couldn't close the show. Rhodes would have stopped Hatton that i'm sure. it will be a great fight and i can't wait to see how it pans out............... and i really hope that Rhodes doesn't make a cunt out of me!!!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:45 pm

dbudge wrote:
the lockett fight was over 5 years ago at a higher weight. Rhodes' performance against Moore was brilliant. before that fight Moore was a force at 154lb. Moore has been in some of the most entertaining fights i've seen as the Rhodes fight was no different. the reason Moore isn't fighting now is because of abnormalities shown in CT scans, but he is a very respected guy on this side of the pond for his great fights. my point is that Moore was no pushover for anybody. he just got dragged through too many battles. comparing the Rhodes of today to the Rhodes that dropped a decision to Lockett isn't a fair reflection of Rhodes skills. his timing, accuracy and power have all improved since he has moved to 154lb and his boxing skills are pretty well rounded. something M.Hatton will never have and although Canelo dominated he couldn't close the show. Rhodes would have stopped Hatton that i'm sure. it will be a great fight and i can't wait to see how it pans out............... and i really hope that Rhodes doesn't make a cunt out of me!!!

LOL @ Moore being a force at 154. With those brilliant wins over nobodies
http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=14793&cat=boxer

And Rhodes was so good he messed Moore's brain up Hahahaha
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:46 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
dbudge wrote:

LOL @ Moore being a force at 154. With those brilliant wins over nobodies
http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=14793&cat=boxer

And Rhodes was so good he messed Moore's brain up Hahahaha

i hope you get AIDs after Rhodes kicks that ginger piece of burrito shit

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:50 pm

dbudge wrote:
i hope you get AIDs after Rhodes kicks that ginger piece of burrito shit

lmao

Rhodes will smoked by that Irish Beaner

Canelo vs Rhodes possible for June 18th? Saul-canelo-lvarez-300x350
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:54 pm

he is a plastic paddy with a latino twist! Canelo is a bowl of nachos with guiness poured over them

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:14 pm

actualy this may be a step up for both fighters since like a vast majority of contenders today they both come with a paper thin resume.both fought some frank warren type tomotoe cans both fought some guys with nice looking wining records and nothing else to go along with thoses nice looking records..alvarez may have fought the slightly better competion which isnt saying much.
alvarez yes has activity on his side.rhodes does not and supposinly is avoided..why i have no idea..
rhodes fought mostly at middle.thats all i know about him outside the fact hes ranked..im not interested in watching his fights on you tube against no bodies.ill watch this fight of course.then ill make maybe a comment on both..

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:29 pm

dbudge wrote:he is a plastic paddy with a latino twist! Canelo is a bowl of nachos with guiness poured over them

Rhodes is a hooligans vomit
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:33 pm

I got no problem with this match up. Rhodes is ranked 4th by The Ring, ranked 5th by Fat Dan, and 9th by Boxrec.

So he's a legit top ten ranked opponent.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:46 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
dbudge wrote:he is a plastic paddy with a latino twist! Canelo is a bowl of nachos with guiness poured over them

Rhodes is a hooligans vomit

Rhodes looks like a goblin from the lord of the rings movies. if he was in that film and wearing the full costume but without the make up then i would find it hard to distinguish between him and the rest of the properly made up goblins. he really is one ugly bastard. and he has a horribly northern english accent and he's not really got any charisma which is why his career has been somewhat quiet. Rhodes is better than you think though Gomez. i promise you mate

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:21 pm

Good fight.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next