The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roy Jones Jr commentating for tonight's HBO card

3 posters

Go down

Roy Jones Jr commentating for tonight's HBO card Empty Roy Jones Jr commentating for tonight's HBO card

Post  Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:37 pm

@danrafaelespn Just heard from HBO that Roy Jones will be part of the broadcast team for tonight's BAD card. No deal just a one shot like in June.

Back to top Go down

Roy Jones Jr commentating for tonight's HBO card Empty Re: Roy Jones Jr commentating for tonight's HBO card

Post  Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:43 pm

Ali wrote:@danrafaelespn Just heard from HBO that Roy Jones will be part of the broadcast team for tonight's BAD card. No deal just a one shot like in June.

A good reason to keep the sound muted.

Back to top Go down

Roy Jones Jr commentating for tonight's HBO card Empty Re: Roy Jones Jr commentating for tonight's HBO card

Post  Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:46 pm

Ring wrote:
Ali wrote:@danrafaelespn Just heard from HBO that Roy Jones will be part of the broadcast team for tonight's BAD card. No deal just a one shot like in June.

Roy was pretty good when he done that fight in June, and anything that keeps him out of the ring is good.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:51 pm

Ali wrote:
Ring wrote:

Roy was pretty good when he done that fight in June, and anything that keeps him out of the ring is good.

I just can't stand listening to his bullshit, but yeah, I agree, it's even worse having to look at one of his recent "fights".

I really don't get why HBO would use Jones Jr.., but that's just me.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:50 pm

I like him....he has better insight into what's happening in the ring, how the fight could play out & what fighters can do to turn things around. Plus, he's not a homer...he loves himself too much to ride another fighters jock ala Lampley, Kellermen et al.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:00 pm

Roy >>>>> Max
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:05 pm

I love Max. Others dislike that boxing geek.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:53 pm

I'm amazed HBO would give Roy some work after the way he burnt bridges with them.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:01 pm

Canvas wrote:I'm amazed HBO would give Roy some work after the way he burnt bridges with them.

from all reports, when they brought him in to pinch hit in June, he was professional. I guess that is due to the fact that he doesn't have options going forward in the ring.

I disliked Roy the first time around on HBO. He seemed better than I remembered in June.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down