The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kelly Pavlik is going delusional

+2
GrantZilla
gomez1012
6 posters

Go down

Kelly Pavlik is going delusional Empty Kelly Pavlik is going delusional

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:37 pm

BoxingScene.com: Lucien Bute? Carl Froch? What are the big fights that you're looking at next?

Kelly Pavlik: I would definitely say those, due to the fact that we're at super middleweight. You know, the Butes, the Froches. Fights like those are very intriguing and great fights. I would love to fight Carl Froch in a heartbeat. That guys been talking a lot of smack. I don't understand where he's on his high horse.

If you go back and do breakdowns of our fights, and people who know boxing would know this: Carl Froch got destroyed by Jermain Taylor for most of the 12 rounds. If Taylor could have taken a knee twice in the 12th round when he got knocked out, then he still would have won the fight. That's how far ahead on the scorecards he was.

Before that, he was just knocking the crap out of Froch. If you take my second fight with Taylor, which wasn't a knockout, I out-boxed him and won by decision. Granted, it was a close fight because Taylor's a very smart fighter and a naturally talented fighter, but where Taylor hits Froch for 12 rounds, I hit much harder than Taylor.

So if I hit this guy like Taylor did, I don't see it going the distance. So I don't see where this guy is coming from. I think that right there would be a very intriguing fight for me. Felix Sturm has said that he would be willing to come to a catch weight and fight me. I think that would be an interesting fight. That would be a fight that I would love to take.

That has been a fight that I have wanted right since right after I won the world title was one with Sturm.

Back to top Go down

Kelly Pavlik is going delusional Empty Re: Kelly Pavlik is going delusional

Post  gomez1012 Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Taylor was winning
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:45 pm

why is kelly delusional..he can punch and if he gets into great condition minus the booze and learns a few things hell do ok.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:46 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Taylor was winning

Yeah but he was hardly destrying Froch like Pavlik claimed.

I had Taylor winning the Pavlik rematch until he gassed in the last two rounds.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:49 pm

Ali wrote:
Yeah but he was hardly destrying Froch like Pavlik claimed.

I had Taylor winning the Pavlik rematch until he gassed in the last two rounds.

Kelly just talking smack, embellishing

Taylor disappointed me those final two frames, fight was his
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:55 pm

I'd be interested to see how Froch does against someone slightly taller then him and with as long as a reach.

Kessler was the same size as Froch, and gave Froch problems. Pavlik's a little bigger.

I just don't know if Pavlik can take SM punch. He's got a lot heart, but an average chin.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:59 pm

forget whether Taylor was winning the rematch against Pavlik or the fight versus Froch before the KO. Those fights don't really tell us about Pavlik's chances vs Froch.

Pavlik isn't Taylor.

Taylor was a twitchy and uncomfortable in the ring.
But he had good athleticism and quick reflexes.
that matched well with Froch.

Pavlik is much more composed but he is plodding.
If you don't allow him to land the jab he struggles. BHOP and Martinez outboxed him. BHOP used good timing and faster hands (scary when a old man has faster hands). Martinez used angles.

Froch has faster hands than Pavlik and he has better feet. If he employs the proper strategy of sticking and moving then he can win the fight going away. If he decides to stand in front of quicksand Kelly then Pavlik has a shot.

I'd go with Froch.

Pavlik vs Sturm. That is a much better fight for Pavlik. Sturm is a bit robotic. He'll be there for Pavlik and both guys will be hittable(Pavlik all fight and Sturm as the fight goes on).
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:09 pm

Yeah, I got Froch as well, because outside the obviouse of him being a proven Super-Middle, he fights in a much more unorthodox, non plodding, and non predictable style then the slow, robotic Pavlik.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:13 pm

taylor vs froch was a lot closer than everybody makes out. from round 6 onwards, Froch was dominant in that fight. liten to how close Bernstein had it. with 2 knockdowns from taking a knee, taylor would have lost that fight definitely. as it was Froch fucked him up. Froch would be just as big as Pavlik and he'd be the stronger mna. kelly needs to prove he can beat this lopez first

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:34 pm

i agree with pavlik. if pavlik could become his former self then i would pick pavlik to win a fight between him and froch. but as of now, who knows if he has it left in him.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:30 pm

I like Kessler v. Pavlik if that's how it's going down. Winner gets Bute. Winner of that gets the Super 6 winner (or one of the castoffs).
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down