The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lou DiBella on Pirog

+3
kbyte
flapanther2001
gomez1012
7 posters

Go down

Lou DiBella on Pirog Empty Lou DiBella on Pirog

Post  gomez1012 Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:51 pm

"F---- Dmitry Pirog. We're never fighting Dmitriy Pirog," DiBella howled like only he can. "That was our belt that [the WBO] stole from him and we're not fighting Dmitry Pirog, who has never done anything but beat Daniel Jacobs to deserve a big fight. F--- Dmitry Pirog."

smh...
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Lou DiBella on Pirog Empty Re: Lou DiBella on Pirog

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:56 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
"F---- Dmitry Pirog. We're never fighting Dmitriy Pirog," DiBella howled like only he can. "That was our belt that [the WBO] stole from him and we're not fighting Dmitry Pirog, who has never done anything but beat Daniel Jacobs to deserve a big fight. F--- Dmitry Pirog."

smh...
About whom was he speaking?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:56 pm

Possible opponent for Martinez
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Why doesn't Martinez just fight him and not bother paying the sanctioning fee for the belt.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:20 pm

kbyte wrote:Why doesn't Martinez just fight him and not bother paying the sanctioning fee for the belt.

cheers
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:50 pm

It's that sort of attitude that hurts boxing.

I use to really like DiBella but lately he's been pissing me off.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Every time Lou Dibella makes a statement that is harmful to his fighter, I am going to make a much smarter statement that he should have made.

He should have said, "Pirog is a good fighter. We are looking at all available options for Sergio's next fight. While I don't want to discount any legitimate potential opponent and a fight against Pirog would be a good fight, it may not be the right time just yet. He has only one fight on American television, albeit a good KO win over Jacobs. Once he has proven himself further against good competition and raised his profile in the US, then it is more likely that a fight against Sergio would be right and a much bigger event."
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:30 pm

As I have groused about several times now: Lou has made some really dumb public statements that have limited the champ's options and possibly his earning potential.

So I guess a june date from Showtime against Pirog for a $3 million purse for the champ is out of the question as far as Lou is concerned.

How has being loyal to only HBO and crapping on potential opponents worked out so far for the Champ's career Lou? Maybe HBO can force you into another high risk, low reward fight and stick Sergio in the challenger's corner again.

Zbik is rejected for the champ but accepted for Chumpez Jr? Williams is introduced last, put in the champions corner, and paid more?

Keep kissing HBO's ass Lou, it's working great.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:42 pm

100% agree Canvas.

As I said, Martinez not with GB or Hayman, so HBO doesn't give a fuck about him.

They put him up against a total nobody that people couldn't even pronounce his name. But because Martinez is such a great fighter, he turned a fight that should've been boring into a great win. HBO had nothing to do with that fight turning out to be good, because on paper, it wasn't. It was all Martinez. And reason HBO forced the fight on MArtinez is because of deal they made with Shaw for Bradley-Alexander fight. So basicaly just using Martinez has a dumping ground.

I can't think of any fighter of MArtinez's status been shit on more, especialy HBO.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:26 pm

captainanddew wrote:Every time Lou Dibella makes a statement that is harmful to his fighter, I am going to make a much smarter statement that he should have made.

He should have said, "Pirog is a good fighter. We are looking at all available options for Sergio's next fight. While I don't want to discount any legitimate potential opponent and a fight against Pirog would be a good fight, it may not be the right time just yet. He has only one fight on American television, albeit a good KO win over Jacobs. Once he has proven himself further against good competition and raised his profile in the US, then it is more likely that a fight against Sergio would be right and a much bigger event."

Bravo!!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:33 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:Every time Lou Dibella makes a statement that is harmful to his fighter, I am going to make a much smarter statement that he should have made.

Bravo!!!!

What Lou said is Brooklynese for what Captain wrote.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:00 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Bravo!!!!

....lol lol yep a non fancy brooklynese...funny.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:41 pm

dmar5143 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:

Bravo!!!!

....lol lol yep a non fancy brooklynese...funny.

It is always amazing when I don't write something in legalese.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:38 pm

Who is more ready than Pirog? Who is more proven?
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:59 am

Gumby wrote:Who is more ready than Pirog? Who is more proven?

Nobody outside the other two trinket holders.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down