The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lou Dibella is full of shit

+2
flapanther2001
SlickMoney
6 posters

Go down

Lou Dibella is full of shit Empty Lou Dibella is full of shit

Post  SlickMoney Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:53 pm

Here's a series of tweets all within an hour of each other where Lou just contradicts himself.

From Lou's twitter:

#OCCUPYBOXING‬ LET'S DISCUSS WHAT IT MEANS. It's certainly time.

SERIOUS self regulation of boxing is needed. Fans need to smell what's really cooking! ‪#OCCUPYBOXING

Then a fan asks him:

Fan: Is Martinez going to ask Chavez for VADA testing or will that kill the fight in your opinion?
Lou: WOULD KILL IT.

So Lou talks about cleaning up Boxing and making the sport better but he wont dare ask Chavez Jr. for random testing because it would most likely cost him and his fighter a nice paycheck.

More tweets from fans. The lower case words are what fans are saying and Lou's responses are all in CAPS.

@loudibella do think random roid testing should a boxing standard to box for pay.. yes or no? YES.

Now lets backtrack a little bit to around the time Chavez-Lee was made.

Lou Said:
I'm not accussing Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. of anything. That simply wouldn't be fair. Is it any surprise that a guy who looks like a skeleton at a weigh-in and then gains 20 pounds, looks like King Kong and doesn't have a second of tiring - doesn't want to take an anti-doping test?," DiBella questioned.

"I'm not saying it's a deal issue, but we would prefer to use the VADA testing," DiBella told BoxingScene.com.

After all that Chavez-Lee had no random drug testing. So again Lou chose a paycheck over the sport of Boxing.

Finally, Lou retweets something a fan asked Victor Conte.

Fan: @VictorConte is Chavez Junior suspect in your opinion?
Victor Conte: Highly.

So Lou is agreeing with Conte that Chavez Jr. is highly suspect of PED's but he wont sacrifice a paycheck to request random drug testing.

Lou, dont talk about it if you cant be about it. The End.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Lou Dibella is full of shit Empty Re: Lou Dibella is full of shit

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:57 pm

He's been full of shit since the dawn of time...
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:04 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:He's been full of shit since the dawn of time...

Glad you feel that way.

I just remember everyone praising him because he pulled Jermain Taylor out of the Super 6 because "he was looking out for Taylor's health". Who was Taylor's replacement? Another Dibella fighter Allan Green.

Also i remember not sure if this was here, at ninja's, or over at ESPN, but someone made a thread asking "If you were a fighter who would u want as a boxing promoter?". Everyone picked Dibella cuz he was such a great guy and looked out for his boxers. Psssssssssh.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:13 pm

Considering how difficult it's been for Lou/Martinez to get that Chavez Jr fight I don't blame him.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:20 pm

lou wants the paycheck. Martinez wants the paycheck.

lou doesn't care about the best interests of the sport.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:22 pm

captainanddew wrote:lou wants the paycheck. Martinez wants the paycheck.

lou doesn't care about the best interests of the sport.

I don't think that's entirely true.

Isn't DiBella responsible for that local boxing show in New York ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:40 pm

SlickMoney wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:He's been full of shit since the dawn of time...

Glad you feel that way.

I just remember everyone praising him because he pulled Jermain Taylor out of the Super 6 because "he was looking out for Taylor's health". Who was Taylor's replacement? Another Dibella fighter Allan Green.

Also i remember not sure if this was here, at ninja's, or over at ESPN, but someone made a thread asking "If you were a fighter who would u want as a boxing promoter?". Everyone picked Dibella cuz he was such a great guy and looked out for his boxers. Psssssssssh.
I remember reading that thread. I dont know if it was ninja's or ESPN though.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:49 pm

He's doing whatever he can to get Chavez jr in with Martinez. If Martinez wins that fight, it gets his name out there to the casual fan. But Lou and other Boxing promoters are full of shit. If there is regulation on boxing it hurts him.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:05 pm

You guys too often try to over-simplify things or expect grand-noble behavior where none has ever existed.
Lou is obligated to do what his fighter wants. He has no obligation (beyond common sense, lol) to care about the long term health of the sport. Martinez WANTS the fight. He NEEDS the fight. Therefore, REGARDLESS of what Lou THINKS, BELIEVES, or even WANTS, he does what Martinez directs him to do. Does he have input? Sure, but in the end the FIGHTER is always in control. (its also why I dont buy the Mayweather excuses, but thats another thread). If Martinez said I want the fight but ONLY if they agree to testing, then Lou would be pushing that HARD. Martinez didnt so Lou didnt.

I think i made it clear that I think Boxing needs outside regulation. Self regulation will never work. They need what the NFL, NBA, or MLB have. A Federal comissioner with ultimate power.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  SlickMoney Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:07 pm

boxinglawyer wrote: You guys too often try to over-simplify things or expect grand-noble behavior where none has ever existed.
Lou is obligated to do what his fighter wants. He has no obligation (beyond common sense, lol) to care about the long term health of the sport. Martinez WANTS the fight. He NEEDS the fight. Therefore, REGARDLESS of what Lou THINKS, BELIEVES, or even WANTS, he does what Martinez directs him to do. Does he have input? Sure, but in the end the FIGHTER is always in control. (its also why I dont buy the Mayweather excuses, but thats another thread). If Martinez said I want the fight but ONLY if they agree to testing, then Lou would be pushing that HARD. Martinez didnt so Lou didnt.

I think i made it clear that I think Boxing needs outside regulation. Self regulation will never work. They need what the NFL, NBA, or MLB have. A Federal comissioner with ultimate power.

Then Lou just needs to shut up and collect his paychecks. Dont give me this occupy Boxing BS and then not do anything about it.
SlickMoney
SlickMoney

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum