The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captain's Weekend Preview!!!!

2 posters

Go down

Captain's Weekend Preview!!!! Empty Captain's Weekend Preview!!!!

Post  captainanddew Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:33 pm

Why not wait for Ringtv.com to post their weekend preview? Because the anticipation is killing me and they should have had one up already.

Friday night
Catano, Puerto Rico (Telefutura)Jose Cotto (31-2-1, 23 KOs) vs. Oscar Leon (28-12-0, 18 KOs)
10 Rounds - Jr. Welterweight Division

The older(and much less well-known) Cotto tries to rebound from the shellacking he took at the hands of the Mexican Ginger in May (Saul Alvarez). He has the tailor made opponent in Leon, who has lost 9 out of his last 10 fights.

9 out of 10 fights, why is he still boxing????

I don't have Telefutura and even if I did, it is hard to get excited for this fight.

Fargo, N.D. (Showtime)Edwin Rodriguez (16-0-0, 12 KOs) vs. James McGirt Jr. (21-1-1, 10 KOs)
10 Rounds - Super Middleweight Division

On shobox, you have McGirt Jr in his 3rd of 4th trip to the network. He has the name, but not his father's pedigree. At 27 years old, he has to make a move in his career now (or look for another line of work) Rodriguez has shown good power in his 16 wins (12 KOs). Hopefully there is some fireworks and one of the combatants will prove to be on the way towards some meaningful future fights at 168.

Saturday, November 6, 2010
Newark, N.J. (HBO)Zab Judah (39-6-0, 27 KOs) vs. Lucas Matthysse (27-0-0, 25 KOs)
12 Rounds - Jr. Welterweight Division

Zab-the cat (as he has at least 9 lives) Judah against Lucas Matthyse. Matthyse has a gaudy 25 KOs in 27 contests, but most of those fights were in Argentina. Was his record padded by subpar competition??? His brother Walter Matthyse started his career in a similar fashion. Since Walter Matthyse came to the US, he lost to Paul Williams, Cintron, Sebastian Lujan, etc.....

Hard to believe that Judah's speed and experience won't be too much for Matthyse if Zab is focused and doesn't get caught with a big shot in the first round or two.

Robert Guerrero (27-1-1, 18 KOs) vs. Vicente Escobedo (21-2-0, 13 KOs)
10 Rounds - Jr. Lightweight Division

Why is this bout listed for Jr. Lightweight (130). What in the blue hell? Guerrero weighed 138 for his 140 bout with Casamayor. Escobedo has fought at lightweight. Has to be a misprint. These guys can't be going to 130, can they??

Forgetting the weight, Guererro is trying to get some momentum going in his career. He failed to close the show versus a faded (okay he was shot) Casamayor in July. Escobedo should be the perfect opponent. He lost to Katsidis and then fought only once since then (early this year against journeyman Carlos Urias).

Loser of this bout shouldn't be heard from again (if we are lucky!!!).

Las Vegas (Showtime)Juan Manuel Lopez (29-0-0, 26 KOs) vs. Rafael Marquez (39-5-0, 35 KOs)
12 Rounds - Featherweight Division

Young vs old
Puerto Rico vs Mexico
Southpaw vs Conventional

Marquez needs to land something early. If he can't hurt Lopez(suffers flash knockdowns), then he is in trouble.

Glen Johnson (50-14-2, 34 KOs) vs. Allan Green (29-2-0, 20 KOs)
12 Rounds - Super Middleweight Division

the Road Warrior vs Sooner Mark's man crush. Has Johnson compromised himself by making 168. Will he have left everything in the gym? Will Green's anxiety level escalate to the point that he stops throwing punches if Johnson isn't faded?

Let the games begin!!!!

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Captain's Weekend Preview!!!! Empty Re: Captain's Weekend Preview!!!!

Post  Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:17 pm

And we'll have fun fun fun
Til somebody takes the TV away-ay-ay-ay

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:30 pm

Glen Johnson - Allan Green:

I can't remember ever being this excited about a fight, wooohoooo!! (FYI, yes, this is sarcasm aimed at the Admin of this boxing forum)

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:06 am

lots of good fights. hopefully they are on at different times so that i can watch them all
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:24 pm

Spoilt for choice, I hope I can find quality streams tomorrow.

Is the Judah fight on at the same time as Showtime ?

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:56 pm

Showtime is scheduled for 10 pm-1230 am -eastern standard time
HBO is scheduled for 1115 pm-1245 am- eastern standard time
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down