The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slappy Joe wants to play a gay rugby player

Go down

Slappy Joe wants to play a gay rugby player  Empty Slappy Joe wants to play a gay rugby player

Post  GrantZilla Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:01 am

Joe Calzaghe is hoping to swap the boxing ring for the big screen.

The former world boxing champion has just returned from a trip to LA, where he was seen schmoozing at Elton John's Oscar party, and reveals he's had meetings about his next career move, which includes a possible role in Mickey Rourke's film about gay rugby star Gareth Thomas.

"I've been chatting to Mickey Rourke and Jason Statham and I'm looking through scripts at the moment but what I really need is an agent," he said.

The movies would have to be action films rather than rom-coms "because you have to be able to act to do those," he said laughing.

Revealing that he's having trouble with his American accent, he said he's asked fellow Welshman, Brothers And Sisters star Matthew Rhys for some tips.

"He told me it took him six months to get the accent and that I've just got to keep at it."

Joe was speaking at the Prince's Trust Ball supported by St Tropez, to accompany his girlfriend, Strictly dancer Kristina Rihanoff.

The pair, who met on the show in 2009, are rumoured to be engaged after Kristina was spotted trying to hide a diamond ring all night.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5hO5nJLLqC-qCqTXzwGtdcIfDnKPA?docId=N0297851299241239605A
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Slappy Joe wants to play a gay rugby player  Empty Re: Slappy Joe wants to play a gay rugby player

Post  Guest Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:15 pm

Misleading title, Joe just wants to act in action movies.

Mickey Rourke is going to be playing that role.

Back to top Go down