The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UFC on Versus

3 posters

Go down

UFC on Versus Empty UFC on Versus

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:31 am

Anyone catch the card ?

Sanchez vs Kampman was fun, I never expected a brawl like that. Were you upset with the decision ?

Back to top Go down

UFC on Versus Empty Re: UFC on Versus

Post  freakzilla Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:39 am

Great main event, great card. I had Sanchez 29-28.
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:44 am

Same here, I felt Diego took over in the second round once he realized Kampman couldn't hurt him. Sanchez was able to drag Martin into a brawl and trap him against the cage, that take down in the third definitely sealed the decision for him.

Wonder where either guy goes from here.

Great stoppage by Mario in the Munoz vs Dolloway fight, C.B was out of it.

Brian Bowles impressed me at the start of the card, as long as Brian remains healthy he can get back in the title mix.

Back to top Go down

Post  freakzilla Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:46 am

I agree with everything you just said. Maybe Sanchez vs Koscheck next with Kampman vs Alves?
freakzilla
freakzilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:48 am

freakzilla wrote:I agree with everything you just said. Maybe Sanchez vs Koscheck next with Kampman vs Alves?

Swap them around and I'll agree.

Sanchez vs Alves and Kampman vs Koscheck.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:33 pm

Diego sure looked like a hungry fighter last night. So hungry he was eating punch after punch. Just because you can walk forward while getting punched in the face, doesn't mean you are winning the fight. Kampmann controlled most of the fight, landed more shots, landed cleaner shots and did far more damage.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:29 pm

Deeznutz wrote:Diego sure looked like a hungry fighter last night. So hungry he was eating punch after punch. Just because you can walk forward while getting punched in the face, doesn't mean you are winning the fight. Kampmann controlled most of the fight, landed more shots, landed cleaner shots and did far more damage.

Kampman controlled the first but was sucked into a brawl in the second. I could see a case for 2-1 Kampman but I felt Diego's aggression and pressure stole the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deeznutz Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:53 pm

Ali wrote:
Deeznutz wrote:Diego sure looked like a hungry fighter last night. So hungry he was eating punch after punch. Just because you can walk forward while getting punched in the face, doesn't mean you are winning the fight. Kampmann controlled most of the fight, landed more shots, landed cleaner shots and did far more damage.

Kampman controlled the first but was sucked into a brawl in the second. I could see a case for 2-1 Kampman but I felt Diego's aggression and pressure stole the fight.

See I think people are putting too much into Diego pushing forward. I'll give him credit it was an incredible display of heart, but he was getting smashed up in the process. Kampmann was picking him apart and controlled the majority of the fight. He stuffed 14 out of 15 takedown attempts and stood right up after the only late take down. He punished Diego, pushing forward does not= winning. Diego is a freak of nature though, mad props.

Deeznutz

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:19 pm

I guess it comes down to whether you favor aggression over accuracy. Like I said I could see a case for 2-1 for Kampman but for me Diego turned the tide in the second round.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Mar 07, 2011 6:41 am

I'm surprised that the ratings for this were terrible. MMA Junkie reported that it averaged 681,000 viewers.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:55 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I'm surprised that the ratings for this were terrible. MMA Junkie reported that it averaged 681,000 viewers.

Could be the cards, none of them have had really exciting match ups on paper.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down