The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GREAT RING MAGAZINE EDITORIAL

2 posters

Go down

GREAT RING MAGAZINE EDITORIAL Empty GREAT RING MAGAZINE EDITORIAL

Post  Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:56 pm

in aprils issue ring mag tore into the wbc for shafting martinez then tore into all the commisions.nigel collins and the mag gets kudos from me on what they said..yep time for all fighters tv media promoters writers and fans to turn there back forever on theses orginaztions.thats rings message loud and clear..its a start now if other boxing mags sites fighters tv commentaters join in it could happen..

Back to top Go down

GREAT RING MAGAZINE EDITORIAL Empty Re: GREAT RING MAGAZINE EDITORIAL

Post  captainanddew Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:59 pm

DMAR, moved your thread and post to the boxing section as I'm sure others would love to hear about ring magazine stepping up. About damn time they did.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:08 pm

thanks captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:11 pm

I just don't get it, it's so obvious sanctioning bodies are ruining this sport but outside hardcore fans and a few journos no one seems to care Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:18 pm

Ali wrote:I just don't get it, it's so obvious sanctioning bodies are ruining this sport but outside hardcore fans and a few journos no one seems to care Mad

Because TV networks are stupid and still think title fights equel higher ratings. Add on, they cater to promoters too much, and it's promoters who are in bed with ABC belts, for obviouse reasons. They want to promote a fight as a "championship" fight.

If HBO and Showtime ignored ABC belts, there'd be less HBO and Showtime Championship boxing, their two flagship boxing programs.

Which is funny, if title fights meant higher ratings, why has HBO Championship boxing is having record low ratings?

I bet if ask most people who bought Oscar-Mayweather, they had no idea some trinket on the line. Shit, Mayweather refused to pay for WBA trinket, so was no trinket on line either for Mosley fight.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down