The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paulie wants Jan Zavek

2 posters

Go down

Paulie wants Jan Zavek Empty Paulie wants Jan Zavek

Post  Gumby Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:44 pm

http://espn.go.com/sports/boxing/blog/_/name/rafael_dan/id/6153687/malignaggi-calls-zaveck-welterweight-title-shot

"I definitely would like to fight him," Malignaggi told me the other day. "I've read where Zaveck says he wants to come to the United States after beating Delgado. I beat Paul Delgado when I was a prospect. I fought him twice. The first time I hurt my hand and it was close. I rematched with him with two hands and I whitewashed him. So when I saw Delgado got a world title fight I was like 'What?' He wasn't ready for a world title fight. A lot of guys don't deserve world title fights, and he was one of them."

Malignaggi said he has read comments from Zaveck's team saying he's coming to the U.S. for a shot at the likes of pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao or Floyd Mayweather Jr.

"Maybe some people believe that in Slovenia, but he's not coming here to get them. He's not going to get them," Malignaggi said. "If you're going to come here and step up, I'm a former world champion and I moved up to welterweight. I'm a quote-unquote 'big name.' He has faced nothing compared to the level of fighter I am. So it's a big step up for him. Fighting Paul Delgado isn't. The sanctioning bodies aren't to be given a lot of credit, but he made a mockery of it. He defended against Delgado, who's crafty, but not ready for a world title.

"So what I'm trying to say is a lot of guys probably want to get in the ring with him, but I bring a big name. I'm a guy that, if they want a name fighter, they got a name fighter right here. Jan Zaveck is going to come here for the kind of opportunity to solidify himself in America and they are not going to get the Mayweathers and Pacquiaos of the world. But if he can get by me, he will at least elevate himself to another level. He needs this sort of win under his belt to be taken at least remotely seriously. He thinks having a belt will mean people will take him that seriously, but he just fought a joke, which in turn makes him a joke. He needs to come to America and take on Paulie Malignaggi."

I agree with Paulie. I hope he sticks around boxing when he hangs up the gloves. He's completely bizarre but he sees through the bs and calls it like he sees it as well as anyone. Not scared to take a tough fight and always working to promote one.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Paulie wants Jan Zavek Empty Re: Paulie wants Jan Zavek

Post  gomez1012 Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Kenny and Paulie on FNFs!
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:42 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Kenny and Paulie on FNFs!
...excellent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down