The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nonito to fight in the Bay Area in May? Vs Moreno or Narvaez?

+3
Rum Capital
hardcorebee24
gomez1012
7 posters

Go down

Nonito to fight in the Bay Area in May?  Vs Moreno or Narvaez? Empty Nonito to fight in the Bay Area in May? Vs Moreno or Narvaez?

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:06 pm

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/main-lead/do-these-pay-per-views-make-the-grade

In a move that should be applauded, HBO will be looking to clear off the first available date for Nonito Donaire, who recently destroyed Fernando Montiel in two rounds, and Top Rank will look to stage a fight in the Bay Area (Donaire is from San Leandro, California). Names being kicked around are WBO junior bantamweight titlist Omar Narvaez or WBA bantamweight champion Anselmo Moreno.

This date could come in the month of May.

Nice
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Nonito to fight in the Bay Area in May?  Vs Moreno or Narvaez? Empty Re: Nonito to fight in the Bay Area in May? Vs Moreno or Narvaez?

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:20 pm

Moreno has a scheduled fight April, 30th. When are they going to fight? Looks like it will be Navares.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Nonito to fight in the Bay Area in May?  Vs Moreno or Narvaez? Empty Re: Nonito to fight in the Bay Area in May? Vs Moreno or Narvaez?

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:29 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:Moreno has a scheduled fight April, 30th. When are they going to fight? Looks like it will be Navares.

I would think Moreno scraps that fight ASAP if HBO/Arum call on him
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:48 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:Moreno has a scheduled fight April, 30th. When are they going to fight? Looks like it will be Navares.

Either that or it's a Top Rank ploy to make it seem as though Donaire never tried to avoid anyone and that Moreno is to blame. Beat Navares move to 122 than be in th mix at 126 after Gamboa and Juanma gets sorted out.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:03 pm

True....kinda sucks though, coming off a huge win getting Narvaez to come up from 115...
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:15 pm

gomez1012 wrote:True....kinda sucks though, coming off a huge win getting Narvaez to come up from 115...
wtf?? narvaez is in negotiations to defend his title against junito seda.
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:35 pm

gomez1012 wrote:

Most likely if hes getting that HBO check without Arum ripping him off, no doubt Moreno will take it in May. Hes already training for one fight, he would be making a lot more cash and he also believes he can beat Donaire, so I dont think hes scared of fighting him and would love to take the challenge. Pretty much everything looks to be in place for this big fight. HBO should force Arum to make it with Moreno or no fight in May for them. Navares is garbage.

I wonder where in the Bay Area would they like to make it at? Oakland, SF or San Jose. Im willing to go to this fight, If Bradley-Khan takes place in the Mandalay Bay, Im going to that one too.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:41 pm

Oakland Coliseum sounds good....maybe the Shark Tank!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:42 pm

Rum Capital wrote:
wtf?? narvaez is in negotiations to defend his title against junito seda.

Who knows

Oracle Arena in Oakland makes the most sense, its right up the street from San Leandro his hometown

SF be big too
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:52 am

I thought I read Moreno was having trouble finalizing the deal for the other fight so that might open the door for Donaire. Another Ring champion? Donaire has a 3 divisions in front of him to become a superstar the likes of Mayweather and Pacman. He could face Moreno and tourney winner at bantam. He could take one of the Japanese titlist and Rigondeaux the other. A Rigondeaux-Donaire fight is very interesting to me. If he gets through those 4 fights and the Juanma-Gamboa winner is still at feather, he has a MEGA fight there.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:40 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:I thought I read Moreno was having trouble finalizing the deal for the other fight so that might open the door for Donaire. Another Ring champion? .

Yeah. The fight has kept being pushed back because conflict with TV network schedule.

According to Donaire's trainer Robert Garcia, the Top Rank Promotion is discussing with Moreno's camp today for a possible bout this May in San Francisco, California.

Moreno will defend his crown against Lorenzo Parra in April 30 in Panama, but if Donaire's camp and Moreno would agree, this fight won't push through anymore.

“They are talking about Moreno in May, in San Francisco. We want the unification fights. Moreno is a good fighter. I haven’t seen a tapes of him, but I’ll get them." Garcia said earlier.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/8283692-donaire-vs-moreno-unification-bout-negotiated-for-may
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down