The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anselmo Moreno wants a better offer for the Donaire fight

+4
dbudge
kbyte
Norm1023
gomez1012
8 posters

Go down

Anselmo Moreno wants a better offer for the Donaire fight Empty Re: Anselmo Moreno wants a better offer for the Donaire fight

Post  gomez1012 Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:08 pm

GBP must be promising him some HBO dates for that kind of $$$

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Anselmo Moreno wants a better offer for the Donaire fight Empty Re: Anselmo Moreno wants a better offer for the Donaire fight

Post  Norm1023 Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:11 pm

He's delusional if he thinks he'll find another fight that pays him half that much. Where do these morons find their managers and advisers?
Norm1023
Norm1023

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:18 pm

Norm1023 wrote:He's delusional if he thinks he'll find another fight that pays him half that much. Where do these morons find their managers and advisers?

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:31 pm

I don't even know who this Moreno guy is.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:33 pm

kbyte wrote:I don't even know who this Moreno guy is.

Donaire needs to face him if he wants the Bantamweight Ring belt.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:35 pm

i think it's a ploy to get Arum to come to the table with the $500k he is asking for. it's greedy though. no way has Moreno ever earnt sums like that. he's Panamanian for fuck sake, $300k would give him a life of luxury for the rest of his years. i think this is a case of a greedy manager on Moreno's part. maybe Arum will come back with a revised offer though. Donaire vs Moreno makes the sense right now

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:38 pm

dbudge wrote:i think it's a ploy to get Arum to come to the table with the $500k he is asking for. it's greedy though. no way has Moreno ever earnt sums like that. he's Panamanian for fuck sake, $300k would give him a life of luxury for the rest of his years. i think this is a case of a greedy manager on Moreno's part. maybe Arum will come back with a revised offer though. Donaire vs Moreno makes the sense right now

Tread carefully, Roberto Duran is a Panamanian !!

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Ali wrote:
dbudge wrote:i think it's a ploy to get Arum to come to the table with the $500k he is asking for. it's greedy though. no way has Moreno ever earnt sums like that. he's Panamanian for fuck sake, $300k would give him a life of luxury for the rest of his years. i think this is a case of a greedy manager on Moreno's part. maybe Arum will come back with a revised offer though. Donaire vs Moreno makes the sense right now

yeh i know, don't worry i've got nothing against them lol. my point is that $300k is an awfully huge sum of money for somebody living in Panama to enjoy. especially considering these guys are bantamweights. i think it's a disgrace that a bantamweight prizefighter would turn down $300k and a shot at the undisputed title when they have never, and will never again be presented with these opportunities. it's Moreno's promoter and advisers being greedy. simple as that

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:49 pm

Ali wrote:

LOL...don't piss off Manos de Piedra Funny Shit
Firstly, a $300,000 purse equates to about $120,000 for the fighter, after taxes & expenses. That ain't luxury for life.
Secondly, what he should ask for is better health insurance...it's worth it's weight in gold & he'll need it.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:50 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Firstly, a $300,000 purse equates to about $120,000 for the fighter, after taxes & expenses. That ain't luxury for life.
Secondly, what he should ask for is better health insurance...it's worth it's weight in gold & he'll need it.

so $120k isn't a lot of money if you're living in Panama??

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:57 pm

dbudge wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Luxury for life? No...it's good money, but won't last long.

flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:20 pm

Well, this sucks.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:30 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
dbudge wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Luxury for life? No...it's good money, but won't last long.

What difference does it make where you live. Pac lives in Phillippines & makes $20 million.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:34 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:What difference does it make where you live. Pac lives in Phillippines & makes $20 million.

If Pac soley fought in the Phillippines he wouldn't be making close to that.

Moreno is a nobody.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:39 pm

I dont believe thats a real offer GBP agve him. Seems way too much for a unknown like him, especially at the weight class hes in. 1.2 Million, his team is bluffing to get more money out of the Donaire fight. 300,000 is solid, but I think their tryna squeeze a bit more out of Arum.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:15 pm

If he got offered $300,000 and any kind of future deal he better take it. On Wikipedia, GDP per capita, Panama is listed 67th, at $12, 397.

Sounds like a huge amount for Panama.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:52 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:What difference does it make where you live. Pac lives in Phillippines & makes $20 million.

Moreno is a nobody.
Maybe a nobody in the US, but WBA champ for the last three years...I know that may not seem like much to us, but it matters to him in his negotiation.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:59 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Moreno is a nobody.
Maybe a nobody in the US, but WBA champ for the last three years...I know that may not seem like much to us, but it matters to him in his negotiation.

I understand that. The facts are still rather simple: Moreno can make alot more with this fight than any other fight. If Donaire's team knows Moreno is going to get $30,000 (random figure) to fight anyone else, then the $300,000 isn't really negotiable. They tell Moreno, take it or leave it.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:27 pm

captainanddew wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:

Moreno is a nobody.

I understand that. The facts are still rather simple: Moreno can make alot more with this fight than any other fight. If Donaire's team knows Moreno is going to get $30,000 (random figure) to fight anyone else, then the $300,000 isn't really negotiable. They tell Moreno, take it or leave it.

I believe that 300K is plenty, but I wonder how much Moreno has been making in his title defenses.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:49 pm

And people ask why there so many Ring vacancies. Shit like this that keeps two top ranked fighters in a division from fighting and winning the belt.

This just a bullshit move on GBP part to keep Donaire from becoming The Champ at Bantam. No other reason why GB would want a nobody like Moreno, who from what I 'veseen, is a boring as fuck fighter, and a total nobody in the US.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum