The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Saul Alvarez wants Vyacheslav Senchenko's welterweight trinket

2 posters

Go down

Saul Alvarez wants Vyacheslav Senchenko's welterweight trinket Empty Saul Alvarez wants Vyacheslav Senchenko's welterweight trinket

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Guadalajara's Saul "Canelo" Alvarez has advised Golden Boy Promotions that he prefers to face WBA welterweight champion Vyacheslav Senchenko of Ukraine in his next fight. The match is being discussed in Mexico for a date of March 5 on HBO. Senchenko and Matthew Hatton are the names at the top. Alvarez would rather go for a title belt but no decision has been finalized. The fight is likely taking place in Los Angeles.

"We are still analyzing the options, not just the style of the fighter, but the overall negotiations, salary, location, many things.....we are about to make a decision, which is a fact that my next fight will be in America," said Alvarez to Sal Rodriguez. "What I would like to do is go for the world championship against Senchenko. In fact, I think there is a 60 percent chance of that happening."

The WBA has confirmed that Alvarez and his team have approached the organization about facing Senchenko in early 2011. Canelo's older brother, Rigoberto Alvarez, is the WBA's interim champion at 154-pounds.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33973

Back to top Go down

Saul Alvarez wants Vyacheslav Senchenko's welterweight trinket Empty Re: Saul Alvarez wants Vyacheslav Senchenko's welterweight trinket

Post  dbudge Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:28 pm

well that's not a surprise. he wouldn't be the first person that has targeted Senchenko for his trinket, it's been proved that can be far more difficult then it sounds, Senchenko is a protected fighter. However if Alvarez does get him into the ring first then it makes a lot of sense because he would have got his first World title, Matthew Hatton would be his mandatory so he gets a good payday from that whilst keeping the WBA happy and his trinket safely in his grasp because Matthew Hatton is fucking awful and another protected fighter

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Saul Alvarez wants Vyacheslav Senchenko's welterweight trinket Empty Re: Saul Alvarez wants Vyacheslav Senchenko's welterweight trinket

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:40 pm

i like to see that fight made..this is what i predicted..a moving up in competion for alvarez..staying at welter and fighting 5 times in a 15-18 month period and establishing himself if all goes well as 1. a improved fighter working out shortcomings.2. a rising star that the public will demand pac fight3.if improvements in developing occur and he now matures at almost 22 he kos pac..i said that last week as how i would handle his career..

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:07 pm

dbudge wrote:well that's not a surprise. he wouldn't be the first person that has targeted Senchenko for his trinket, it's been proved that can be far more difficult then it sounds, Senchenko is a protected fighter. However if Alvarez does get him into the ring first then it makes a lot of sense because he would have got his first World title, Matthew Hatton would be his mandatory so he gets a good payday from that whilst keeping the WBA happy and his trinket safely in his grasp because Matthew Hatton is fucking awful and another protected fighter
In what Bizarro world is Matthew Hatton the mandatory for any title?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:12 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
dbudge wrote:well that's not a surprise. he wouldn't be the first person that has targeted Senchenko for his trinket, it's been proved that can be far more difficult then it sounds, Senchenko is a protected fighter. However if Alvarez does get him into the ring first then it makes a lot of sense because he would have got his first World title, Matthew Hatton would be his mandatory so he gets a good payday from that whilst keeping the WBA happy and his trinket safely in his grasp because Matthew Hatton is fucking awful and another protected fighter

the WBA's. the same belt the judges robbed Luis Collazo of, i mean his brother Ricky had. please excuse me

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:39 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:

Once you win the European title the sanctioning bodies start to rank you in their organizations.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down