The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 140lb division has the most talent with the least PPV draws

+2
captainanddew
jz_hova
6 posters

Go down

The 140lb division has the most talent with the least PPV draws Empty The 140lb division has the most talent with the least PPV draws

Post  jz_hova Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:28 am

Do you think this is why JMM is not going there? I really think he can clean out that division but at his age i guess he want to make the leap over the 140lb division straight to 147 to fight Pac
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

The 140lb division has the most talent with the least PPV draws Empty Re: The 140lb division has the most talent with the least PPV draws

Post  captainanddew Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:36 am

jz_hova wrote:Do you think this is why JMM is not going there? I really think he can clean out that division but at his age i guess he want to make the leap over the 140lb division straight to 147 to fight Pac

he only has a few fights in him. He only wants another Pac fight. Even if he fought Pac he would be fighting a 140 pounder. Pac weighs around 148 on fight night. There are alot of 140 pound guys who weigh more than that on fight night.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

The 140lb division has the most talent with the least PPV draws Empty Re: The 140lb division has the most talent with the least PPV draws

Post  jz_hova Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:36 am

captainanddew wrote:
jz_hova wrote:Do you think this is why JMM is not going there? I really think he can clean out that division but at his age i guess he want to make the leap over the 140lb division straight to 147 to fight Pac

he only has a few fights in him. He only wants another Pac fight. Even if he fought Pac he would be fighting a 140 pounder. Pac weighs around 148 on fight night. There are alot of 140 pound guys who weigh more than that on fight night.

what do you think JMM will do in the meantime since Pac is pretty much locked in to fights for 2011?
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:14 am

WHAT UP HOVA? Glad to see you are back posting on a boxing forum. Very Happy

I want to see JMM retire. Pac is not going to fight him again and there is nothing for him to prove. If not and he wants another big payday fight MAB. Its a low risk fight and he is a name. It would sell big.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:20 am

that's exactly what i think is happening. which is why he is looking to fight Morales when he could easily be making the biggest fights at 140lb. Beristan didn't want JMM in the same ring as Khan so i think this is true for Bradley as well. i think it's all about a third and final fight with Pacquiao at this point which is a massive payday for him to retire on.... and who could blame him. he's had a great career he deserves it

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  jz_hova Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:08 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:WHAT UP HOVA? Glad to see you are back posting on a boxing forum. Very Happy

I want to see JMM retire. Pac is not going to fight him again and there is nothing for him to prove. If not and he wants another big payday fight MAB. Its a low risk fight and he is a name. It would sell big.

what's good Sooner

I don't think JMM can beat Pac at 147 so that would be a waste of a fight IMO. i really hope he can fight Khan overseas or bradley and make a payday and finish his career on a good note
jz_hova
jz_hova

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:25 pm

There is only two PPV draws in boxing and thats Pacquaio and Mayweather. Im kinda glad the sport is as popular because now theres not many PPV cards. Promoters profit more off selling good fights to HBO than actually stacking a card on PPV. PPV fights are one HBO doesnt want to pay for (Maidana-Morales)
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:42 pm

Khan is at a disadvantage against anyone above 135. Pac is a 140 lb fighter if you look at his fight night weights. Marquez would struggle against any of the top 140 lb guys.

Marquez's body is at its limit at 135. On fight night he weighs around 143-144 and the top 140 lb guys are weighing around 147-152 on fight night. It is a size and weight disadvantage that is too much even with his technical prowess and immence fighting spirit.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:50 pm

Yep

GBP cant afford to pay JMM a nice chunk unless a fight sells on PPV

HBO is done backing them up, so their only option is to throw his fight on PPV and hope for a nice return which is very unlikely

I wouldnt be surprised to see JMM sit out until he gets a third fight with Pac. Or he goes to Top Rank and Arum puts something else together in between fights
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:55 pm

Well technically Amir Khan is a PPV draw in the UK.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down