The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CBS to show Pacquiao/Mosley Series

4 posters

Go down

CBS to show Pacquiao/Mosley Series Empty CBS to show Pacquiao/Mosley Series

Post  Shaun Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

CBS to show Pacquiao/Mosley Series Empty Re: CBS to show Pacquiao/Mosley Series

Post  Tobe Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:11 pm

Anything boxing on network TV is good for the game, I guess. But doesn't it say a lot about how out of touch mainstream media is with the sport when THAT fight gets love on CBS and you couldn't find coverage of a fight like Bradley vs. Alexander with a map?
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:21 pm

This is very very very good news for boxing. Lets make this sport more mainstream and get fights back on network TV.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Tobe wrote:Anything boxing on network TV is good for the game, I guess. But doesn't it say a lot about how out of touch mainstream media is with the sport when THAT fight gets love on CBS and you couldn't find coverage of a fight like Bradley vs. Alexander with a map?

Because Bradley and Alexander are totaly nobodies who there promoters and HBO failed on all levels to promote their fight.

Which I'm glad it didn't get a lot of attention, since the fight sucked
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:11 am

I reckon it's good that CBS is getting involved in boxing, and that CBS will be airing three of the four episodes of "Fight Camp 360", and advertizing the fight to more "casual" boxing fans. But honestly, what is Fight Camp going to show us hardcore fans about Pacquiao and Mosley that we don't already know, the fight really isn't PPV worthy.

I believe Manny-Shane will be a fairly entertaining fight, simply because of Pacquiao, but let's face it, Mosley is way past his prime, and has even less chance of winning then he did against Duckweather Jr..

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:19 am

Ring wrote:I reckon it's good that CBS is getting involved in boxing, and that CBS will be airing three of the four episodes of "Fight Camp 360", and advertizing the fight to more "casual" boxing fans. But honestly, what is Fight Camp going to show us hardcore fans about Pacquiao and Mosley that we don't already know, the fight really isn't PPV worthy..

Well, just it, not for us hardcore fans. For the casual fans. Which why Arum picked Mosley inthe first place. Pretty much saying he doesn't give a fuck what we hardcore fans think.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:28 am

cheers This is great news for boxing.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:29 am

Ali wrote: cheers This is great news for boxing.

I agree. More excited about this then the fight. Hopefuly this is just the begening
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

CBS to show Pacquiao/Mosley Series Empty CBS TO PROMOTE PAC FIGHT ON CBS

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:44 pm

3 out of four episodes on 360 will be shown on national tv by cbs and one in prime time and a few just before major events..this is a breakthrew that boxing needed and may continue with other big fights..the door i believe is starting to open for some nationaly televised fights on cbs..yes bob arum is to be thanked..
the maidana -moreles card if finalized also and overall is a decent interesting card..i think you can look foward to this and next year with cards that will have fights that will have a few worthy main event type fights on the same card..another possitive direction for boxing..is this the start of a comback for the sport.

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:04 pm

Should exceed 1 million PPV no problem then.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:07 pm

dmar5143 wrote:3 out of four episodes on 360 will be shown on national tv by cbs and one in prime time and a few just before major events..this is a breakthrew that boxing needed and may continue with other big fights..the door i believe is starting to open for some nationaly televised fights on cbs..yes bob arum is to be thanked..
the maidana -moreles card if finalized also and overall is a decent interesting card..i think you can look foward to this and next year with cards that will have fights that will have a few worthy main event type fights on the same card..another possitive direction for boxing..is this the start of a comback for the sport.
I would say if the fight does over 1.5 million in PPV buys then yes it is.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:12 pm

If Fight Camp 360 proves to be a success then that could potentially mean good things for Cotto/Mayorga PPV. At the very least, it will get CBS prime time advertising exposure. Pac/Mosley could bring in new fans.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:24 pm

In a sense, it would seem that good ratings for the fightCamp episodes on CBS are more important for the long-term health of the sport than the PPV buy numbers for the Pac/Mosley..

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Canvas wrote:In a sense, it would seem that good ratings for the fightCamp episodes on CBS are more important for the long-term health of the sport than the PPV buy numbers for the Pac/Mosley..
I didnt think of that. But yes it is very important for the ratings to be high.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:44 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
Canvas wrote:In a sense, it would seem that good ratings for the fightCamp episodes on CBS are more important for the long-term health of the sport than the PPV buy numbers for the Pac/Mosley..
I didnt think of that. But yes it is very important for the ratings to be high.

Well, needs to get good ratings for the time slot they give it, for sure. If it's on Saturday night, that's not a prime time slot, even if CBS says it is. Friday and Saturday night are worse periods on network TV. It's almost entirly old people that are watching TV at that time. Why usualy old people shows.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:43 pm

...ill agree with that..the exposure of 360 on national tv and a respectable rating for that time slot is a good starting yardstick...sooner what i dont understand now over 1.5 million is a success and less then that perhaps questionable where everyone here before felt that this may do about 800thousand ppvs and very high doubts that it would exceed beyond that.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:02 pm

the first show is noon on april the 2nd just before the begining of the final 4 in the ncaa tourney..that slot is excellent advertisment for the sports fans young and old get excited about the final four..a reply of the final 360 will be shown a few hours before the fight..it will draw viewers who are casual slightly casual boxing fans as well as non boxing but sports fans..the potential audience is four times the subscribers of hbo..360 and 24-7 are shown when..on a saturday night..this is a major improvement in publicity for boxing..they advertize commercials for 24-7 and 360 on the premuim cable channel..now we can view commercials on national tv for the 360..i think 3 or 4 episodes counting a reply is on cbs..and cbs will advertized the show on national tv..the fight and boxing will benefit publicity wise by thoses shows and commercials and thoses commercials will run on prime time week day hours as well as weekends..
700-800 thousand ppvs is not a flop for this fight..anything over that number then should be credited to cbs since thoses were our predictions for the ppvs on this fight..boxing has nothing to lose with this deal.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:48 am

I think they will get good numbers. People love reality TV
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down