The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hauser: HBO and the State of Boxing - Part I

4 posters

Go down

Hauser: HBO and the State of Boxing - Part I Empty Hauser: HBO and the State of Boxing - Part I

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:12 pm

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Hauser: HBO and the State of Boxing - Part I Empty Re: Hauser: HBO and the State of Boxing - Part I

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Can SOMEBODY get Hauser an editor? Cripes the guy cannot write for crap.

But he makes one hell of a case as to what the mess at HBO is and how it impacts the sport.

Back to top Go down

Hauser: HBO and the State of Boxing - Part I Empty Re: Hauser: HBO and the State of Boxing - Part I

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:26 pm

Greenburg and Davis need to go, bring back Lou DiBella as an adviser and find a suit who's got a passion for boxing.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:26 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Can SOMEBODY get Hauser an editor? Cripes the guy cannot write for crap.

But he makes one hell of a case as to what the mess at HBO is and how it impacts the sport.
Did that link work for you? Maybe my work blocked it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:29 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:Can SOMEBODY get Hauser an editor? Cripes the guy cannot write for crap.

Yup.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:31 pm

Ali wrote:Greenburg and Davis need to go, bring back Lou DiBella as an adviser and find a suit who's got a passion for boxing.

+1
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:31 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

Yup.
Sad
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:59 pm

DiBella LEFT HBO to pursue his passion for boxing. He figured out pretty quickly that nobody at HBO really knew what they were doing and were gonna cramp his genius pretty badly. So he left. One of the KEY points to Hausers article that rings true now as then, is that the higher ups at HBO have ZERO passion for boxing. They dont understand that fans dont CARE if a guy is undefeated or not. They only care if the guys FIGHTS and TESTS himself against guys that are a RISK. failure to understand that has led them into the disaster that was Roy Jones Jr's career and the current Floyd Mayweather mess. Nobody cared about those guys because they were gutless wonders who had no interest in risks or challenges.
When HBO discovers that real fans just want real fights, they will re-assume control of the world again.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:10 pm

Alot of the boxing fans that you will see on many of the internet message boards, don't think that way. They crap on a fighter that loses a fight. They make 50 threads about how a fighter that lost one damn fight is "exposed". They send in emails for weeks to guys like Dougie Fisher at Ringtv.com for his mailbag, saying negative things about anyone that loses. He has remarked about the fans that don't have a clue and do this on numerous occasions.

I know these aren't real boxing fans, but I think they may have overtaken the real boxing fans.

There seems to be less and less real boxing fans these days.

I agree with everything else you said. It is the same things that many of us have been screaming at the top of our lungs for a long time.

Last edited by captainanddew on Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:13 pm

boxinglawyer wrote: DiBella LEFT HBO to pursue his passion for boxing. He figured out pretty quickly that nobody at HBO really knew what they were doing and were gonna cramp his genius pretty badly. So he left. One of the KEY points to Hausers article that rings true now as then, is that the higher ups at HBO have ZERO passion for boxing. They dont understand that fans dont CARE if a guy is undefeated or not. They only care if the guys FIGHTS and TESTS himself against guys that are a RISK. failure to understand that has led them into the disaster that was Roy Jones Jr's career and the current Floyd Mayweather mess. Nobody cared about those guys because they were gutless wonders who had no interest in risks or challenges.
When HBO discovers that real fans just want real fights, they will re-assume control of the world again.

Couldnt agree more

It really seems like HBO is on the hunt for another Roy Jones/Floyd for 1 dumb reason, believing it will get them ratings No
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:26 pm

You would think Arturo Gatti would have taught them that. The guy lost even when they attempted to give him set-up fights, but he lost with FIRE and gave it his ALL. The Fans loved him for it! Arturo out-drew Roy Jones Jr. by a MILE. Heck, one Gatti fight drew more than 3 Jones fights combined. One guy was an undefeated, all-time talent with freakish ability. The other was barely more than a journeyman with a ton of heart, guts, and will. Which did the fans prefer?

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:51 pm

boxinglawyer wrote: You would think Arturo Gatti would have taught them that. The guy lost even when they attempted to give him set-up fights, but he lost with FIRE and gave it his ALL. The Fans loved him for it! Arturo out-drew Roy Jones Jr. by a MILE. Heck, one Gatti fight drew more than 3 Jones fights combined. One guy was an undefeated, all-time talent with freakish ability. The other was barely more than a journeyman with a ton of heart, guts, and will. Which did the fans prefer?

+1

Yep, how much easier can get it for them? They have the formula for providing great fights but too damn stubborn or stupid to do it

I mean just look at all of these fights, people dont care where the hell your from as long as you provide action and like you said, give it their all!

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:09 pm

HBO will put a star in soft as long as they can keep showing that star
HBO will put an up and comer in with a guy who is rather faded (but the opponent has a good name), rather than put them in with a guy in his prime who has less of a name

HBO turns down anyone as an opponent who isn't a name. They could care less about making the best fights.

They were insisting on Bute facing Pavlik. Pavlik was the man at 160, but he struggled and has had issues for a while now. Putting him in with Bute is all about putting the biggest name out there.

Right now, Bute would make for better fights against guys who will be leaving the Super 6 than Pavlik.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down