The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey face to face

+5
dbudge
gomez1012
Diego408
hardcorebee24
GrantZilla
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey face to face - Page 2 Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey face to face

Post  dbudge Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:31 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
dbudge wrote:

Ricky Hatton has his own promotional company, a pretty decent one at that, this is going to be a co-promotion event. Hatton obviously has strong ties with Golden Boy which are strictly business. Hatton has some great business-heads running the show and they will be wiser than to sell themselves to Golden Boy. in 5-10 years time, Ricky Hatton will have overtaken Frank Warren as the UK's biggest promoter.... watch this space....

Khan vs McCloskey is happening at the Manchester Evening News which is kind of Ricky Hatton's career's spiritual home. In Manchester, despite his downfalls, Hatton is a like a God amongst men. this is a very smart move by Golden Boy to use all of Hatton's contacts, and seeing as Hatton promotions are based here it makes everything far more economically logical. i don't ever see Golden Boy being able to be in a position where they would be able to shit on Hatton's company. if anything Golden Boy and Hatton promotions business link is going to be very good for trans-atlantic fights

I understand the bold. I still wouldn't do business with a company like Golden Boy who's dirty laundry has been so public, it makes you think that what goes on behind closed doors is something inherently worse.

Hatton is in a position as a "Good Guy" to do the right thing and makes a lot of money at home. I wish him the best.

i think though with Hatton, who was obviously promoted by Golden Boy after the Tszyu fight, Golden Boy had another kind of Floyd Mayweather star in the sense that Golden Boy work for Mayweather and not the other way around. i think Hatton equally had that kind of leverage in his fights with regards to Golden Boy. Hatton also seems to be really chummy with Oscar De La Hoya and it's not like Hatton will ever rely on Golden Boy for his promotional company. Hatton promotions really has shown it's muscle and serious intentions on the British Boxing scene and has succeeded in a really short space of time. Hatton has also stated his desire to become the biggest promotional outfit in the World. it seems like the infrastructure that they are building is anything from Mickey Mouse and i just can't see Hatton ever giving that up to Golden Boy. which is probably why this event involving Khan and not even a Ricky Hatton promoted fighter has now become co-promoted. i imagine Hatton didn't want to be perceived as doing Golden Boy's dirty work and wanted it to be worldwide acknowledged that Hatton promotions is putting on the show

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey face to face - Page 2 Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey face to face

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:49 pm

gomez1012 wrote:McCloskey is going to smash Khan

LOL.....WTF is Giusseppe Lauri??????
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:07 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
gomez1012 wrote:McCloskey is going to smash Khan

i think this clip illustrates perfectly where McCloskey is going to lose the fight. McCloskey stands up way too tall when he throws his jab. Khan has the timing, the reach, the speed and the power to exploit that with hard and fast straight right hands. i think it's going to be a hurtful experience for McCloskey

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:12 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:

LMAO

He's nobody now that McCloskey wiped him off this earth
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:17 pm

get ride of thoses announchers please.

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:41 pm

dmar5143 wrote:get ride of thoses announchers please.

what announcers are you talking about?

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:03 pm

We'll see how good Hatton company works out. But I doubt he wipes out Warren.

Tell me any ex-boxer turned promoter that has ever been truely successful? GB is only successful because they are in bed with GB. They've failed on all levels to build up their own fighters.

As another promoter said with GB going up against Top Rank, GB playing checkers and Arum playing chess.

Because promoters like Arum and Warren been doing their thing for decades. And they are around not because some famouse ex boxer, but because successful at what they are doing.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:10 pm

Hatton Promotions is doing well IMO

Just keeping things local and his fighter base is growing

Unlike GBP or the other fighter outfits, he's actually marketing and putting fights in small venues and selling tickets

No license/site fees

Get a venue, put on a entertaining card, and promote to get people to buy tickets to make it a successful event
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:14 pm

That's awsome. Good for Hatton.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:54 am

dmar5143 wrote:get ride of thoses announchers please.

What's wrong with Nick and Jim Watt ?

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:43 pm

McCloskey is really awkward and a southpaw so he could give Khan some trouble. I really hope he can pull the upset.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:57 pm

gomez1012 wrote:Hatton Promotions is doing well IMO

Just keeping things local and his fighter base is growing

Unlike GBP or the other fighter outfits, he's actually marketing and putting fights in small venues and selling tickets

No license/site fees

Get a venue, put on a entertaining card, and promote to get people to buy tickets to make it a successful event

exactly as he should be doing. Stay small and do a good job with the fighters he has, then a few years down the road he may be able to make some inroads.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:04 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Yeah, but never know. Prescott was a total nobody, and he knocked Khan the fuck out. But them Columbians are dangerious fighters to begin with.

colOmbians Laughing
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:59 am

kbyte wrote:McCloskey is really awkward and a southpaw so he could give Khan some trouble. I really hope he can pull the upset.

Do you not want to see Khan vs Bradley for the Ring belt ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2