The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey face to face

+5
dbudge
gomez1012
Diego408
hardcorebee24
GrantZilla
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey face to face Empty Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey face to face

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:07 am

Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey face to face Lhan-mccloskey-presser%20(1)

Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey face to face Khan-mcclosley-presser%20(3)

Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey face to face Khan-mcclosley-presser%20(1)

April 16
At Manchester, England (HBO, same-day tape)
: Amir Khan vs. Paul McCloskey, 12 rounds, for Khan's WBA junior welterweight title

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey face to face Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey face to face

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:11 am

I'd be embarrassed holding that "EBU" belt. Seriously.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey face to face Empty Re: Amir Khan vs Paul McCloskey face to face

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:15 am

GrantZilla wrote:I'd be embarrassed holding that "EBU" belt. Seriously.

Give the guy a break, it's the only title he'll ever win. I have no problem with regional titles like British champ and Euro cham etc, you need those titles for boxing. It's when the world scene gets crowded that it becomes a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:16 am

I guess. And man, you realy not giving the guy a shot at all against Khan huh? I've never seen him fight, so I guess he must realy suck
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:18 am

GrantZilla wrote:I guess. And man, you realy not giving the guy a shot at all against Khan huh? I've never seen him fight, so I guess he must realy suck

Honestly I've seen very little of Paul, I tried to watch his last fight, got bored and fast forwarded to the stoppage. From the little I saw I wasn't impressed.

Don't really give him much of a chance because of the difference in experience.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:22 am

Yeah, but never know. Prescott was a total nobody, and he knocked Khan the fuck out. But them Columbians are dangerious fighters to begin with.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:25 am

GrantZilla wrote:Yeah, but never know. Prescott was a total nobody, and he knocked Khan the fuck out. But them Columbians are dangerious fighters to begin with.

Khan was young and was working with the wrong trainer at the time, Freddie ain't going to let that happen again.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:27 am

Khan didn't listen to Freddy when he fought Maidana, and chose to slug it out, which was last thing The Roach wanted him to do.

Seems Khan does what he wants to do, more then what The Roach wants.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:35 am

GrantZilla wrote:Khan didn't listen to Freddy when he fought Maidana, and chose to slug it out, which was last thing The Roach wanted him to do.

Seems Khan does what he wants to do, more then what The Roach wants.

That's not true at all, Khan was just fed up with all the talk about his chin and wanted to prove a point. Amir listened to Freddie in his previous fights.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:49 am

Ali wrote:[That's not true at all, Khan was just fed up with all the talk about his chin and wanted to prove a point. Amir listened to Freddie in his previous fights.

AKA He didn't listen to The Roach and damn near got KO'd
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:51 am

GrantZilla wrote:
Ali wrote:[That's not true at all, Khan was just fed up with all the talk about his chin and wanted to prove a point. Amir listened to Freddie in his previous fights.

AKA He didn't listen to The Roach and damn near got KO'd

You're making it out like Khan some sort of disobedient kid, Amir just wanted to silence his critics.

It's not like he's Wladimir who ends up making gentle Manny Steward furious during each fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:53 am

Ali wrote:
It's not like he's Wladimir who ends up making gentle Manny Steward furious during each fight.

What I find funny about that is, it's Manny's fault. He's the one teaches these guys to be jabbers and runners.

Why Taylor and Wlad would look completly confused when Manny would scream at them. Could see in their faces "What the fuck man, I'm doing what told me to do!"
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:01 am

OK, what's with the undone bow tie on McCloskey? Nobody else noticed that? Who is that Lollipop that's standing in between them in every picture? Why is he there?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:15 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:OK, what's with the undone bow tie on McCloskey? Nobody else noticed that? Who is that Lollipop that's standing in between them in every picture? Why is he there?

Laughing I never noticed the bow tie, perhaps it was for the press conference.

Golden Boy reached out to Ricky Hatton to promote the fight, smart decision since Ricky might be able to get bums on the seat. Frankly they should just hire Ricky and give him a stake in the company.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:23 am

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:OK, what's with the undone bow tie on McCloskey? Nobody else noticed that? Who is that Lollipop that's standing in between them in every picture? Why is he there?

Golden Boy reached out to Ricky Hatton to promote the fight, smart decision since Ricky might be able to get bums on the seat. Frankly they should just hire Ricky and give him a stake in the company.

Look at the Shane Mosley debacle that's occurring as a result in his "Ownership" deal with Golden Boy. Ricky spends more on blow and booze in one weekend.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:26 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Look at the Shane Mosley debacle that's occurring as a result in his "Ownership" deal with Golden Boy. Ricky spends more on blow and booze in one weekend.

Ricky isn't going to leave the company in desperation for a payday like Shane did.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:32 am

Ali wrote:

Ricky isn't going to leave the company in desperation for a payday like Shane did.

That wasn't desperation, that was to actually get paid. They wanted to buy Shane out of his five percent for 1,000 dollars American. They are bad practitioners of business.

http://www.boxingscene.com/insider-notebook-mosley-golden-boy-beef-gets-personal--34439
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:37 am

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

That wasn't desperation, that was to actually get paid. They wanted to buy Shane out of his five percent for 1,000 dollars American. They are bad practitioners of business.

http://www.boxingscene.com/insider-notebook-mosley-golden-boy-beef-gets-personal--34439

Twas desperation after Jin took him to the cleaners in the divorce. Golden Boy lowballed him after Shane went rogue.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:45 am

Ali wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:

Twas desperation after Jin took him to the cleaners in the divorce. Golden Boy lowballed him after Shane went rogue.

Have you ever been in a business deal or owned a business or invested your money anywhere? You get what's owed to you. Shane invested a percentage into a company that makes/made/is making money. Shane's payout or dividend should be relative to what he invested and should have grown based on the growth of the company. Golden Boy decided to stiff Shane for his money when their interests changed. You can't do that and Golden Boy will be getting sued for restitution by Shane and I'm sure others if this is how they practice business. you can't lowball someone in this case, Shane isn't selling anything.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:53 am

I never said I agreed with Golden Boy's move, just pointing out things turned sour when Shane left to pursue Manny.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:00 am

Ali wrote:I never said I agreed with Golden Boy's move, just pointing out things turned sour when Shane left to pursue Manny.

And I'm explaining to you the many reasons as to why Ricky shouldn't go near them. I also explained to you that business deals aren't negated on a personal interest debate. Both parties agree on a fair buyout amount, not what one party feels like no matter what the reason. Who does Golden Boy think they are, The Mafia?
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego408 Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:38 pm

Ricky Haton looks terrible. This fight is suppose to be a tune up for Khan, then comes the Bradely fight. I expect Khan to Blow out McClosley like he did to that jewish New Yorker.
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:44 pm

McCloskey is going to smash Khan

gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:56 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:I never said I agreed with Golden Boy's move, just pointing out things turned sour when Shane left to pursue Manny.

And I'm explaining to you the many reasons as to why Ricky shouldn't go near them. I also explained to you that business deals aren't negated on a personal interest debate. Both parties agree on a fair buyout amount, not what one party feels like no matter what the reason. Who does Golden Boy think they are, The Mafia?

Ricky Hatton has his own promotional company, a pretty decent one at that, this is going to be a co-promotion event. Hatton obviously has strong ties with Golden Boy which are strictly business. Hatton has some great business-heads running the show and they will be wiser than to sell themselves to Golden Boy. in 5-10 years time, Ricky Hatton will have overtaken Frank Warren as the UK's biggest promoter.... watch this space....

Khan vs McCloskey is happening at the Manchester Evening News which is kind of Ricky Hatton's career's spiritual home. In Manchester, despite his downfalls, Hatton is a like a God amongst men. this is a very smart move by Golden Boy to use all of Hatton's contacts, and seeing as Hatton promotions are based here it makes everything far more economically logical. i don't ever see Golden Boy being able to be in a position where they would be able to shit on Hatton's company. if anything Golden Boy and Hatton promotions business link is going to be very good for trans-atlantic fights

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:22 pm

dbudge wrote:

Ricky Hatton has his own promotional company, a pretty decent one at that, this is going to be a co-promotion event. Hatton obviously has strong ties with Golden Boy which are strictly business. Hatton has some great business-heads running the show and they will be wiser than to sell themselves to Golden Boy. in 5-10 years time, Ricky Hatton will have overtaken Frank Warren as the UK's biggest promoter.... watch this space....

Khan vs McCloskey is happening at the Manchester Evening News which is kind of Ricky Hatton's career's spiritual home. In Manchester, despite his downfalls, Hatton is a like a God amongst men. this is a very smart move by Golden Boy to use all of Hatton's contacts, and seeing as Hatton promotions are based here it makes everything far more economically logical. i don't ever see Golden Boy being able to be in a position where they would be able to shit on Hatton's company. if anything Golden Boy and Hatton promotions business link is going to be very good for trans-atlantic fights

I understand the bold. I still wouldn't do business with a company like Golden Boy who's dirty laundry has been so public, it makes you think that what goes on behind closed doors is something inherently worse.

Hatton is in a position as a "Good Guy" to do the right thing and makes a lot of money at home. I wish him the best.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next