The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

marble and everyone needs to wake up and get on I am bored.

5 posters

Go down

marble and everyone needs to wake up and get on I am bored. Empty marble and everyone needs to wake up and get on I am bored.

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:37 am

Lets talk boxing damn it.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

marble and everyone needs to wake up and get on I am bored. Empty Re: marble and everyone needs to wake up and get on I am bored.

Post  captainanddew Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:50 am

Soonermark890 wrote:Lets talk boxing damn it.

alright it is almost lunch time, I can forget stupid clients for a bit.

Lets talk about your boy, Allan Green. His fight is intriguing. This is his last shot at the big time if he doesn't put on a good performance. If he were to lose in the same fashion as his last fight then he isn't getting another big payday for a long, long, long, time. If he goes out and loses a barnburner then he gets another fight.

Does Johnson make weight without being compromised?

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

marble and everyone needs to wake up and get on I am bored. Empty Re: marble and everyone needs to wake up and get on I am bored.

Post  Frank Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:03 pm

[quote="captainanddew"]

Lets talk about your boy, Allan Green. His fight is intriguing. This is his last shot at the big time if he doesn't put on a good performance. If he were to lose in the same fashion as his last fight then he isn't getting another big payday for a long, long, long, time. If he goes out and loses a barnburner then he gets another fight.

Good question. I don't think the answer is as cut and dry as a lot of people may think. Johnson is never out of shape and it's not like he went to the HW division, then dropped down to the LH as Roy Jones did. I'm keeping an open mind until I see what happens in this fight.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:25 pm

captainanddew wrote:

I personally think that Green will KO Johnson. I hate to say that in one sense because I love Glen but he is cutting weight this late in his career and he was hurt in his last fight against a guy who is not as big of a puncher as Green is. If Green can not win this fight he will never get another pay day again and I will be watching him more live as he will be fighting in Oklahoma more and more.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:36 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

I personally think that Green will KO Johnson. I hate to say that in one sense because I love Glen but he is cutting weight this late in his career and he was hurt in his last fight against a guy who is not as big of a puncher as Green is. If Green can not win this fight he will never get another pay day again and I will be watching him more live as he will be fighting in Oklahoma more and more.
Sooner, from what I see of the women, Oklahoma isn't really that bad.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:40 pm

Frank wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Sooner, from what I see of the women, Oklahoma isn't really that bad.
Shhhh us Oklahoma men would like to keep Oklahoma women a secret.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:53 pm

captainanddew wrote:

I don't really think it matters. I see a Johnson on an increasingly steep downhill slope and Green needs to win this fight to preserve his career.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:56 pm

Well, I just hope Green throws more punches than his last fight. GJ is an active fighter.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:14 pm

I maintain that Green was visibly off in the Ward fight. It was De La Hoya Pacquiao all over again. Whenever the guy whose advantages are supposed to be size and power comes in as the smaller man, it will cause problems.

I think it had to do with Green not knowing how to adjust his camp and his team making the ridiculous decision that Green knew what he was doing. Let's just wait to see how he looks at the weigh in. Green is a good fighter. I think he'll prove it in this fight.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down