The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't get ESPN at all when it comes to boxing

+3
Tobe
hardcorebee24
GrantZilla
7 posters

Go down

I don't get ESPN at all when it comes to boxing Empty I don't get ESPN at all when it comes to boxing

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:58 am

One minute you hear how ESPN was interested in getting the PAc fight. How they are interested in showing The Klits, and other fighters. ESPN FNF guys are all on top of the sport of boxing.

But yet, ESPN never covers boxing, unless it's Pac or Mayweather. Not a single mention of Bradley-Alexander fight was mentioned on Sportscenter or even across the scroll. Yet they will show more absure s hit. Yeah, the fight wasn't exciting, but was between two undefeated top ranked American fighters. What the fuck man!

I just don't fucking get it.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

I don't get ESPN at all when it comes to boxing Empty Re: I don't get ESPN at all when it comes to boxing

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:59 am

GrantZilla wrote:One minute you hear how ESPN was interested in getting the PAc fight. How they are interested in showing The Klits, and other fighters. ESPN FNF guys are all on top of the sport of boxing.

But yet, ESPN never covers boxing, unless it's Pac or Mayweather. Not a single mention of Bradley-Alexander fight was mentioned on Sportscenter or even across the scroll. Yet they will show more absure s hit. Yeah, the fight wasn't exciting, but was between two undefeated top ranked American fighters. What the fuck man!

I just don't fucking get it.

That's weird because they usually at least show the results on the ticker.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

I don't get ESPN at all when it comes to boxing Empty Re: I don't get ESPN at all when it comes to boxing

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:02 am

Nothing. I watched Sports Center that night, and I got nothing.

Yet they will show some poker contest, or some bass fishing event, but no, can't show any boxing

A ping-pong match probably better chance landing on Sports Center then boxing
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:12 am

GrantZilla wrote:Nothing. I watched Sports Center that night, and I got nothing.

Yet they will show some poker contest, or some bass fishing event, but no, can't show any boxing

Billiards I get, but poker on ESPN drives me crazy. They might as well put my grandmother's mahjong club on ESPN, it would be more entertaining.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:20 am

ESPN realy sucks. The whole point of ESPN is to cover sports. Yet won't show even minute of two undefeated top ranked Americans fight.

The last time two undefeated American titalist fought was Tyson vs Tucker in 1987!!!

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Tobe Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:24 am

Particularly sad when the fight was on a the gap weekend before the Superbowl, so you would think ESPN would have some extra staff or at least air time to devote to this.

It would be hard to pull a highlight package out of that fight without showing a clinch or a headbutt, and that's not exactly pretty TV. Still, they could make an effort.
Tobe
Tobe

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:14 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
GrantZilla wrote:Nothing. I watched Sports Center that night, and I got nothing.

Billiards I get, but poker on ESPN drives me crazy. They might as well put my grandmother's mahjong club on ESPN, it would be more entertaining.

as an avid poker player, poker on tv is a freaking joke. Not because it doesn't entertain me, but because the shows are garbage. They'll show 20 hands over 2 hours for a final table. That is an absolute travesty. The final table may have had 200 hands. People make alot of plays that look horrible out of context but if you knew player A had reraised light 7 times in the last 100 hands then a play by player B may make alot more sense.

For a poker fan the best was when a couple of internet sites carried the world series interim events (final tables) online with no commercials. Get to see all the hands and actually understand the table dynamics, player's tendencies, etc...
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:15 pm

captainanddew wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:

as an avid poker player, poker on tv is a freaking joke. Not because it doesn't entertain me, but because the shows are garbage. They'll show 20 hands over 2 hours for a final table. That is an absolute travesty. The final table may have had 200 hands. People make alot of plays that look horrible out of context but if you knew player A had reraised light 7 times in the last 100 hands then a play by player B may make alot more sense.

For a poker fan the best was when a couple of internet sites carried the world series interim events (final tables) online with no commercials. Get to see all the hands and actually understand the table dynamics, player's tendencies, etc...

whether or not poker is a sport ( I think it isn't), Phil Ivey is better at it than any has ever been at anything in the history of the world. He is sick.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Not much going on right now

Next big fight is Montiel-Donaire

Arreola KO made top plays, that was seen over and over
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:39 pm

ESPN needs to explain to me why they show the "Spelling Bee". If I wanted to see kids with last names that have only one vowel out of thirteen letters, I'd hang out at the 7-11.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:40 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:ESPN needs to explain to me why they show the "Spelling Bee". If I wanted to see kids with last names that have only one vowel out of thirteen letters, I'd hang out at the 7-11.

They are now into high school signing day...
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:12 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:ESPN needs to explain to me why they show the "Spelling Bee". If I wanted to see kids with last names that have only one vowel out of thirteen letters, I'd hang out at the 7-11.

They are now into high school signing day...
Oh yeah...I saw that.....nonsense, ain't it?
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:16 pm

Sure is, Texas getting its own network

nuts
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:28 pm

to go all sportscenter on this thread.

that post was a post of the week nominee.

sportscenter was okay when they just showed the highlights and did their schtick. But now it is so full of itself. Who the fuck needs a top play nominee? If you want to show me the top plays fine, but stop being a bunch of bitches full of themselves.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:34 pm

captainanddew wrote:

to go all sportscenter on this thread.

that post was a post of the week nominee.

sportscenter was okay when they just showed the highlights and did their schtick. But now it is so full of itself. Who the fuck needs a top play nominee? If you want to show me the top plays fine, but stop being a bunch of bitches full of themselves.

The 1/2 hour format was much better. I don't need to hear and see the Chris Berman wanna bee's trying to reinvent the wheel on how to deliver a highlight. I feel like every time I watch that show I feel like I'm watching someone try out a new catchphrase.

P.S. I never cared for Chris Berman anyway.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:43 pm

At least Berman was original. The rest of those sycophants were terrible. Constantly trying to out-phrase each other, using pop culture buzz words in their sports reporting. Blech!!!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:51 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:At least Berman was original. The rest of those sycophants were terrible. Constantly trying to out-phrase each other, using pop culture buzz words in their sports reporting. Blech!!!

BOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:30 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:At least Berman was original. The rest of those sycophants were terrible. Constantly trying to out-phrase each other, using pop culture buzz words in their sports reporting. Blech!!!

BOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Every time someone hit a home run...."I'm not a playa...I just crush alot." Gimme a break.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:50 pm

i agree that boxing gets the shaft. i think that a lot of the things that they show on sports center arent even sports. whenever there is an HBO or showtime fight, there should pretty much always be something mentioned about it. its just ridiculous that there isnt.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down