The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum Update-Opinions wanted

+2
flapanther2001
captainanddew
6 posters

Go down

Forum Update-Opinions wanted Empty Forum Update-Opinions wanted

Post  captainanddew Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:37 pm

This seems like a great forum. We have alot of activity from our core guys. If we want to stay here we can look to build slowly (though I'd argue against trying to end up with too many guys too quickly as that leads to problems).

Do we want to stay here or go back to Ninjas?

I'll give my opinion. I liked that forum but I like this one better. My reasons:
1-Wolf isn't here and we can keep total jerks like him from being here
2- I'm an MMA newbie (have watched a decent amount but still don't entirely get it). I'd like to spend more time trying to get into the sport. On Ninjas, I stayed away from the MMA section because I didn't want to have to deal with a couple of guys there. Here, we have guys that will be willing to tutor along us MMA newbies
3-Guys like Molly Whoop weren't banned from ninjas within a day- anyone like him needs to be banned from posting. I'm not normally much for curtailing free speech, but I find it hard to find anything he says of any value. My wife read a couple of his posts and her response was, "wow, he seems like a psychiatrist's dream."
4-There are some posters here who have stated earlier this week that they didn't want to go back to ninjas (their opinions may have changed).

I'd love everyone to state their opinion. If we stay, should we make another invite to the boxing guys at ninjas and is there anyone on espn, boxinghideout, etc... that anyone would like to invite??

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Forum Update-Opinions wanted Empty Re: Forum Update-Opinions wanted

Post  flapanther2001 Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Like I said....I'm here to discuss boxing...not to get in to a pissing contest with some internet d'bag. I like it here....
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:53 pm

My thoughts are:

I plan to post primarily at the BP, but see no reason to leave Ninjas, even though I doubt that i'll be posting there very much. As long as guys from here, and guys like Bird, Ali, et al, and even some of the MMA kats are still starting threads there, i'll likely participate, even if it's on a limited basis.

From the looks of it however, the Boxing Forum at Ninjas is dying.

In re: Inviting more boxing guys from other forums, why not, there's always room for good/contributing posters, perhaps if we want to invite someone who might be considered "controversial", it could be put to a member vote, or a decision could be made by the mods and/or Admin.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:23 pm

I'm staying in both, but I doubt I'll be real active at Ninjas. I even think we should get the MMA forum on here taken out (or at least moved into Other Sports) and people who want to talk MMA can do so on Ninjas. No need for redundancy.

I'm convinced more people will come if and when they want to talk boxing and if not, most people on here right now are borderline to fully degenerate level fans. So there will usually be discussion especially now that we're about to go on a run of good fights. I like that Sooner started The Boxing Palace and can moderate without restriction. If anyone causes serious problems for everyone, they get booted. We're under the radar of the ESPN pettiness that crept onto Ninjas. Lastly, I don't feel like moving. People took the time to establish this place for a reason. If everybody jumps ship, I'm out. It's not worth it.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:02 am

to thoses that wish to post on both forums do so..im ok with that..theres no need for any of us to chose like should we move back.thats for the individual to descide for themselves and not as a group..myself im staying put here.i have zero interest in returning.we dont need as of now 70 topics or more a day to keep a lively productive forum..this question was rehashed before..for me only its this forum or nothing..the big plus here indeed a molly a wolf a krazy horse a mr jones charzycharlieetc a total truth etc etc and there cheerleaders wont survive a day here..nooo other forum dispite there PR bullshit can say that and make it a reality..we can.
soo the old saying if it ant broke dont fix it apllies here.get some more QUALITY folks and not an invation of the public which has more then its share of internet wackos..be selective..lets think of us as a harvard a yale and not pbs 1174..

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:25 am

i kind of like it here. i havent been as active recently but from this saturday on there will be a lot of fights and things to talk about so ill hopefully post more. i think that a small forum is better so that we actually know each poster on a more personal level (as personal as the internet gets). so im fine here as long as everyone stays.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:21 am

Most of the activity here is at night when I'm at work.I will still continue to post here and at Ninja's.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:24 pm

WinstonSmith wrote:Most of the activity here is at night when I'm at work.I will still continue to post here and at Ninja's.
Hey winston me, marble, OUsooner, tobe, and others are on here during the day while we are at work just to let you know. I post more then because I have my plan and lunch and some down time while my students work. Very Happy
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:26 pm

Then again your always going to have the assholes that report everything that happens here to the espn board. I swear, it's like being in 3rd grade.
http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=boxing&id=boxing&tid=7690633&lid=7
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:45 pm

The incessant twaddle is what drove me out of there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:47 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
WinstonSmith wrote:Most of the activity here is at night when I'm at work.I will still continue to post here and at Ninja's.
Hey winston me, marble, OUsooner, tobe, and others are on here during the day while we are at work just to let you know. I post more then because I have my plan and lunch and some down time while my students work. Very Happy

I'll try to get over here more regularly during the day.I just started hitting the gym again so my already squeezed time is even more limited.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:58 pm

we get on here to talk boxing.

Alot of the espn posters get on because they think posting is some kind of game. who owns who. Someone is too gangsta for some site. There is a reason that 90% of the people who are real boxing fans have left espn's boxing board.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:27 pm

captainanddew wrote:we get on here to talk boxing.

Alot of the espn posters get on because they think posting is some kind of game. who owns who. Someone is too gangsta for some site. There is a reason that 90% of the people who are real boxing fans have left espn's boxing board.

The only thing any of those "gangster" types "own" is a fucking diaper and unless it's selling dope or working at McDonald's, I doubt that most of these clowns even have a job.

ESPN still has some good posters, I don't know why some of them choose to stay on that boxing messageboard, all I can figure is, they must enjoy casting their pearls before swine. pig

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:53 am

Ring wrote:My thoughts are:

I plan to post primarily at the BP, but see no reason to leave Ninjas, even though I doubt that i'll be posting there very much. As long as guys from here, and guys like Bird, Ali, et al, and even some of the MMA kats are still starting threads there, i'll likely participate, even if it's on a limited basis.

From the looks of it however, the Boxing Forum at Ninjas is dying.

In re: Inviting more boxing guys from other forums, why not, there's always room for good/contributing posters, perhaps if we want to invite someone who might be considered "controversial", it could be put to a member vote, or a decision could be made by the mods and/or Admin.
Agreed. This was discussed before and my answer was very similar to Ring's.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down