The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather interview

3 posters

Go down

Mayweather interview Empty Mayweather interview

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:06 am

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Mayweather interview Empty Re: Mayweather interview

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:57 am

same old stuff from floyd..blah blah blah..im a victom.no one understands me..noo one reached out to al hamon for a fight with manny..gee arums giving you a countdown why didnt mr al reach out to them...im unbeaton mannys not etc etc etc..i made 30 million outside of boxing..im my dreams that is...he will never change.too bad that he cant for his sake..

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:07 am

dmar5143 wrote:same old stuff from floyd..blah blah blah..im a victom.no one understands me..noo one reached out to al hamon for a fight with manny..gee arums giving you a countdown why didnt mr al reach out to them...im unbeaton mannys not etc etc etc..i made 30 million outside of boxing..im my dreams that is...he will never change.too bad that he cant for his sake..

Yup. Part of what he said is true. Which I've stated since day one. Manny's "freakish" accomplishments are from match-making. Why I'm not into whole "he's on roids" camp.

Weight-drained Oscar. An on the decline Hatton. Getting Cotto after getting roughed up by Margs, who likely had bricks in his glove, and a tough fight with Clottey. A non-loaded gloved Margarito after getting a beat-down by Mosley, and looking like crap against Garcia. And now Mosley, after getting a boxing lesson from Mayweather, and looking like crap against Mora.

When put into proper prospective, what he's doing not as freakish as it's made out to be.

And this isn't me bashing on Pac. What he's done is still great stuff. Just got to put it into proper prospective is all
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:20 am

i agree on all thoses fights except hatton.mosley can take him out of there in the first 3 rounds.by round four he will start to slow down and by round six a inept punching bag..if pac dont get hammered in three shane gets stoped in 10 in a beatdown the last 5 rounds..

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:24 am

Roach even admitted Hatton was on the decline after the Mayweather. He looked like shit against Lazcano. I remember headline on ESPN after that fight was "Hatton The Hittable"

Fuck, this was his face after the fight
Mayweather interview Hatton052408

Sure, he did good against Pauly, because Pauly can't crack a fucking egg.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:53 pm

Pretty dull interview.

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:20 pm

I think its better not to over analyse wins and losses when judging the quality of an opponent. I'm not saying they're not important its just that if you try hard enough you can poke holes in every win. The fighters Pac has beaten lately were some good fighters. Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margo were all good fighters. Oscar was obviously not the same fighter though.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  boxinglawyer Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:00 pm

kbyte wrote:I think its better not to over analyse wins and losses when judging the quality of an opponent. I'm not saying they're not important its just that if you try hard enough you can poke holes in every win. The fighters Pac has beaten lately were some good fighters. Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margo were all good fighters. Oscar was obviously not the same fighter though.

Well said. I have "poked a few holes in wins" over the years myself.

boxinglawyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down