The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tomasz Adamek to face Kevin McBride in April

+2
flapanther2001
gomez1012
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Tomasz Adamek to face Kevin McBride in April Empty Tomasz Adamek to face Kevin McBride in April

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:18 pm

@danrafaelespn Kathy Duva said contracts are out to Kevin McBride to face Adamek in his April tuneup before the fall Klitschko fight.

what a joke.

Back to top Go down

Tomasz Adamek to face Kevin McBride in April Empty Re: Tomasz Adamek to face Kevin McBride in April

Post  gomez1012 Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:22 pm

deal in place to fight a K Bro in Sept
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Tomasz Adamek to face Kevin McBride in April Empty Re: Tomasz Adamek to face Kevin McBride in April

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:24 pm

gomez1012 wrote:deal in place to fight a K Bro in Sept

Still doesn't excuse this atrocious choice for an opponent.

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:30 pm

McBride is another guy that should be checking ID's.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:07 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:McBride is another guy that should be checking ID's.

that is probably what he did before getting this offer.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:11 pm

Gurantee Adamek will get atleast 12k people to show up. He got 17k to show up for last fight against Grant

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:17 pm

[quote="GrantZilla"]Gurantee Adamek will get atleast 12k people to show up. He got 17k to show up for last fight against Grant[/quote
The Polski's would show up in droves just to watch Highlander eat breakfast.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  kebark Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:23 pm

It's a keep busy fight, when the guy is fighting 4 times a year he can have a gimme.

kebark

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Not a joke at all. It's a good old-fashioned tune up fight and will help Adamek be ready in September.

Good for him!

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:58 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Not a joke at all. It's a good old-fashioned tune up fight and will help Adamek be ready in September.

Good for him!

Eh, nothing will help him be ready in September, sadily
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:09 pm

GrantZilla wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:Not a joke at all. It's a good old-fashioned tune up fight and will help Adamek be ready in September.

Good for him!

Eh, nothing will help him be ready in September, sadily

Yeah, that's probably true. How about "be prepared to accept the coming beating in as resilient, skilled and courageous a manner as possible?"

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:13 pm

I'm hoping it's Vitali, and his arms fall off durning the fight.

I'd love it of Adamek somehow won. It'd be great for the division.

Wishful thinking I know.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:21 pm

GrantZilla wrote:I'm hoping it's Vitali, and his arms fall off durning the fight.

I'd love it of Adamek somehow won. It'd be great for the division.
Wishful thinking I know.

I'm with you on that.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:24 pm

So even then, it's ruined. Because even if somehow Adamek beat Vitali, he'd have to fight Wlad next. And he has no chance in fuck beating Wlad. He doesn't have the power.

However, wild card is, Wlad being timid as fuck against a guy that beat his bro. Wlad is mentaly weak in the ring. He can be intimidated.

Why I say Joe Frazier would whoop his ass. Yeah, he was only 5'10, but he'd scare the shit out of Wlad
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:27 pm

GrantZilla wrote:So even then, it's ruined. Because even if somehow Adamek beat Vitali, he'd have to fight Wlad next. And he has no chance in fuck beating Wlad. He doesn't have the power.

However, wild card is, Wlad being timid as fuck against a guy that beat his bro. Wlad is mentaly weak in the ring. He can be intimidated.

Why I say Joe Frazier would whoop his ass. Yeah, he was only 5'10, but he'd scare the shit out of Wlad

he'd scare the shit out of Mr. 13 as well. At least Wlad would get in the ring with him. Mr. 13 would avoid him no matter what.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:33 pm

How freaked would Wlad or Haye be if they had to get into the ring with this guy

Tomasz Adamek to face Kevin McBride in April Foreman1
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:40 pm

Good for him!

No it's a complete joke and makes me hate the HW division more.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:01 am

Ali wrote:

Good for him!

We're gonna change your name to "double standard"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:04 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Ali wrote:

Good for him!

We're gonna change your name to "double standard"

Really because I sure showed my endorsement for the Haye vs Fraudly fight Rolling Eyes

The fight is a waste of time, Tony Thomson would be a far better tune up to prepare for Wladimir. Or he could have thrown caution to the wind and accepted the Sam Peter fight, but no Adamek is just looking for a payday the same as Haye Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:47 am

I kind of agree with Ali. I'd rather Adamek fight Peter.

This is why HW division sucks. Not just because Klits are boring. But top guys won't fight each other.

Last time we had top ten ranked guys fighting each other was Adamek vs Arreola. That's just a fucking joke.

Chisora hasn't fought fucking top ten contender and now he's fighting Wlad? Fuck, has he even fought a top 20 contender?

David Gaye, as much as I despise him, has fought two top ten guys. Valuev and Ruiz. Yeah, they both suck, but atleast top ranked guys. And Barrett was on cups of being top ten ranked when Haye fought him.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:49 am

Chisora hasn't fought anyone past domestic level, an extremely shot version of Danny Williams is his only notable win.

The thing that bugs me is Adamek went from Arreola to Grant, Maddalonne and McBride, that's three guys in a row who aren't even in the top twenty.

Last edited by Ali on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:50 am

Ali wrote:Chisora hasn't fought anyone past domestic level, an extremely shot version of Danny Williams is his only notable win.

Yeah, it's a joke.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:51 am

GrantZilla wrote:I kind of agree with Ali. I'd rather Adamek fight Peter.

This is why HW division sucks. Not just because Klits are boring. But top guys won't fight each other.

Last time we had top ten ranked guys fighting each other was Adamek vs Arreola. That's just a fucking joke.

Chisora hasn't fought fucking top ten contender and now he's fighting Wlad? Fuck, has he even fought a top 20 contender?

David Gaye, as much as I despise him, has fought two top ten guys. Valuev and Ruiz. Yeah, they both suck, but atleast top ranked guys. And Barrett was on cups of being top ten ranked when Haye fought him.

Monte no guns wasn't on the cusp of being top 10 when they fought. But Mr. 13 did beat 2 top 10 guys.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:54 am

If I remember right, he was. It was comming off his beatdown he gave Arum's hype job Tye Fields.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:41 am

any way i look at this fight it comes out as a joke..adameks fighting yes but after aerrola his fights are going steps backwards with each oponent getting worse..mcbrides claim to fame is he beat a tyson who ran out of gas after a few rounds and was certifiably washed up..the division is extremly weak in talent yes but a fight like this is a joke no matter how you try to slice the bread..
a upset would shock the division and its mcbride vs a klit which is a bigger joke..

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next