The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Even UFC is bombing in Vegas

3 posters

Go down

Even UFC is bombing in Vegas  Empty Even UFC is bombing in Vegas

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:12 am

Vegas is dead man

UFC 125 had 12,874 at the MGM Grand.

But of course, White never gives the real numbers. Athletic Commission released the actual numbers of paid attendance.

Of the announced attendance, only 6,978 paid for the tickets, while the remaining 5,896 got in for free.

Basicaly, 45% of the attendance got in for free
https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com/post?f=4&mode=newtopic

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Even UFC is bombing in Vegas  Empty Re: Even UFC is bombing in Vegas

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:59 pm

That event wasn't expected to be a sellout anyway, before the fight hardly anyone was keen on Maynard vs Edgar II because both don't make the habit of being involved in exciting fights.

I heard Silva vs Belfort is close to selling out..

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:18 pm

That's my point Ali. Even UFC and their big brand name are having problems selling tickets. Unless a big name match-up.

Why boxing needs to stay the fuck out of Vegas. And basicaly these economicaly depressed cities, like Detriot.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  bird Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:16 pm

Grant this was expected they knew 125 was not going to sell for shit...guess you already forgot about this fight called Lesnar vs Velazquez that sold like crazy just 2 months ago

bird

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:17 pm

bird wrote:Grant this was expected they knew 125 was not going to sell for shit...guess you already forgot about this fight called Lesnar vs Velazquez that sold like crazy just 2 months ago

Wasn't that Staples Center ?

I think Grant was just trying to point out Vegas is in trouble at the moment, not really taking a shot at the company.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:18 pm

bird wrote:Grant this was expected they knew 125 was not going to sell for shit...guess you already forgot about this fight called Lesnar vs Velazquez that sold like crazy just 2 months ago

Bird, did bother reading what I said. Brock sold well? Well no shit! I just said, unless big name, it's not going to do well in Vegas these days. BTW, Brock fight was at Honda Center in Cali

Pac vs Mosley will sell out in an hour in Vegas. Guranteed. But outside that, Vegas is dead. It's Ground Zero for Recession. And why it stupid that Arum is having Cotto fight there. Should be in NEw York where Cotto has a Rican fanbase.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:38 pm

Even when the economy picks up it could be a long while before Vegas reaches similar levels of prosperity that it saw in the past.
I could be wrong.

It does seem that Americans forget about the economic meltdowns we keep seeing.

One occurs, people bitch and moan about the economy, they change their ways (spend less, save more, watch things closely), and it may take a while after things recover, but they eventually forget about the bad times.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down