The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IF you call yourself a boxing fan support Lights Out!

+8
UBeeg9cats
Gumby
powerpuncher
flapanther2001
Soonermark890
gomez1012
Frank
GrantZilla
12 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

IF you  call yourself a boxing fan support Lights Out! Empty IF you call yourself a boxing fan support Lights Out!

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:36 am

It's actualy a good show. And it needs help to get an audience. It's good for the sport for boxing to have a mainstream series on it.

And it realy is a good show and looks like going to have some realy good episodes.

Last edited by GrantZilla on Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

IF you  call yourself a boxing fan support Lights Out! Empty Re: IF you call yourself a boxing fan support Lights Out!

Post  Frank Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:37 am

GrantZilla wrote:It's actualy a good show. And it needs help to get an audience. It's a good for the sport for boxing to have a mainstream series on it.

And it realy is a good show and looks like going to have some realy good episodes.

Gotcha. I'll give it a chance.

Frank

Back to top Go down

IF you  call yourself a boxing fan support Lights Out! Empty Re: IF you call yourself a boxing fan support Lights Out!

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:41 am

Definitly. Outside Rocky-Style boxing, the show actualy done a good job depicting boxing so far.

Even had Steve Farhood interviewing Lights Out in the pilot.

Gotten entirly postive reviews. Just got to build an audience.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:33 am

I will once it's exported to these shores.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:47 pm

I missed the first episode, hope to catch it ondemand
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:33 am

Solid second episode. If your not watching it, shame on you.

It will probably get canceled after season. Because it's a good, well written show, and not fucking retarded.

People love their mindless entertainment, and since not predictable cop show/soap opera/doctor show/vampire/ reality TV/ people won't watch it.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:36 am

This is the kind of morons the show is up against.

On why they are not watching Lights Out responses

Michael RogusJanuary 13, 2011 at 6:09 PM
let me correct myself. when I said “I’m not interested in boxing” that was true but that I meant to say was “I am not interested in boxers.” This show has boxers in it, right? Not interested in their problems. I loved Terriers though and was sad to see it go

Carla DayJanuary 13, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Same here, Michael R. I don’t get boxing. Why would people do that to themselves? I watched Rocky growing up, but I haven’t seen either of the movies you mentioned either. I always cringe when a show has a boxing theme and every crime show seems to have at least one.

So, I don’t plan on watching.

TomJanuary 15, 2011 at 8:18 PM
I’m with you guys. I know the show isn’t primarily about boxing and it’s probably a very interesting program, but having that story wrapped in the cover of boxing just turns me off. I abhor all sports, but boxing most of all, so while it might have a chewy, tasty center, the crunchy outer shell of boxing stops me cold.

There realy are a bunch of pussies in the world
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:11 am

GrantZilla wrote:This is the kind of morons the show is up against.

On why they are not watching Lights Out responses

Michael RogusJanuary 13, 2011 at 6:09 PM
let me correct myself. when I said “I’m not interested in boxing” that was true but that I meant to say was “I am not interested in boxers.” This show has boxers in it, right? Not interested in their problems. I loved Terriers though and was sad to see it go

Carla DayJanuary 13, 2011 at 7:35 PM
Same here, Michael R. I don’t get boxing. Why would people do that to themselves? I watched Rocky growing up, but I haven’t seen either of the movies you mentioned either. I always cringe when a show has a boxing theme and every crime show seems to have at least one.

So, I don’t plan on watching.

TomJanuary 15, 2011 at 8:18 PM
I’m with you guys. I know the show isn’t primarily about boxing and it’s probably a very interesting program, but having that story wrapped in the cover of boxing just turns me off. I abhor all sports, but boxing most of all, so while it might have a chewy, tasty center, the crunchy outer shell of boxing stops me cold.

There realy are a bunch of pussies in the world
I run into this type of thinking all the time. We have a bunch of teachers and kids that hate sports. My honest guess why is because they are nonathletic and probably as a kid they had dreams of becoming the next Jordan.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:20 pm

Wow...Tom "abhors all sports"? What a fucking pussy ass geek. Fuck 'em...they're not the demographic that show needs anyway.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:14 am

Clear cut example of Chicification or Pussification of America.

This is why boxing and MMA will never be mainstream or accepted it use to be. Bunch of fucking pussies in the US. We've turned into Europe.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:15 am

GrantZilla wrote:Clear cut example of Chicification or Pussification of America.

This is why boxing and MMA will never be mainstream or accepted it use to be. Bunch of fucking pussies in the US. We've turned into Europe.

lets hope not. haha.

but its true. whats with all of the boxing hate? the rocky movies were popular because people back then liked that kind of stuff but now violence is such a bad thing that we shouldnt be putting it on tv. i mean, its not like other shows have murders every week and druggies and drunkards taking over our tv. is boxing really that bad compared to actual problems in this world or is boxing the worst thing ever?
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:34 am

Women hate it, like they hate most sports, because they can't understand it. So of course, they make their pussy men hate it too.

Not all women, but 99% of them.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:31 pm

Unless ratings improve, probably going to be a one and done series. Pretty sad

I gurantee it's because Lights Out Leary doesn't look like a metrosexual.

Seems that's only way to get ratings in TV these days. Why total shit like Glee get huge ratings. Why The Wire got poor ratings on HBO but True Blood got big ratings.

Fucking joke is what it is
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:49 pm

It should be alright. FX knows they have a good show. I think they're more willing to wait around than other networks. AMC is the only other regular cable network focused on quality (outside of History Channel, Nat Geo, Animal Planet, etc.)

It's not the pussification of America as much as people have no patience. There is plenty of evidence that people love violence on tv. What the majority doesn't like is character development, slow pacing, detailed plots, thinking while watching tv.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:50 pm

Gumby wrote:It should be alright. FX knows they have a good show. I think they're more willing to wait around than other networks. AMC is the only other regular cable network focused on quality (outside of History Channel, Nat Geo, Animal Planet, etc.)

It's not the pussification of America as much as people have no patience. There is plenty of evidence that people love violence on tv. What the majority doesn't like is character development, slow pacing, detailed plots, thinking while watching tv.

Very good point Gumby. People just want their mindless entertainment.

But I don't think Lights Out will get a second season unless it shows it's building an auidence. Last years Terriors on FX was criticaly praised, and got same ratings as Lights Out so far, and was not renewed for a second season.

Makes me think Lights Out should've been on Showtime where ratings are not as important.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:29 pm

Tonights episode getting a lot of praise. It's suppose to be a good one

Can't wait
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:15 am

Very solid episode IMO. I was hoping for something close to the ending they had. It would be too unrealistic for anything too different.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:06 am

UBeeg9cats wrote:Very solid episode IMO. I was hoping for something close to the ending they had. It would be too unrealistic for anything too different.

I agree. Best episode so far. That Armenian kid seemed like he was modeled after Prince Naseem
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:57 am

If you miss an episode they post the entire show a week later on the web site.

They have ep 1 and 2 up now

http://vod.fxnetworks.com/watch/lightsout

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:03 am

Groundhog, what you think of the show so far?

I realy like it. Sad, because if ratings don't improve, probably be the only season. Which realy sucks
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:46 am

I DVR'd it which won't help the ratings. The pacing is starting to pick up and Lights is slowly getting dragged back into the ring. It's a quality show. I even like the boxing they use (choreographed, but not wildly unrealistic).
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:49 am

They count DVR's I beleive now Gumby.

The ratings for 3rd episode are steady. Not great. But didn't drop anymore.

It's realy sad that so many good shows get terrible ratings but total shit like Teenage Mom pull in the ratings.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:08 pm

It's funny that people will call "Lights Out" a violent show, but then the top rated prime time TV shows are all crime based. CSI, NCIS, Criminal Minds...etc. I love those shows, but they all have mutilated bodies & blood soaked crime scenes.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:48 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Groundhog, what you think of the show so far?

I realy like it. Sad, because if ratings don't improve, probably be the only season. Which realy sucks

I think it's pretty good so far. Lots of story lines to follow though, I normally don't watch too much television outside boxing except for light hearted sitcoms. not much of a tv drama person but I like it so far.

supposed to be an MMA vs boxing fight on tonights episode with Bas Rutten lol

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:35 am

Man, this show keeps getting better and better. The ending was awsome!

I love part where Leary goes to bar with his dad to watch a fight, and all that's on is MMA.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next