The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nate Campbell to fight on the Marquez vs Katsidis undercard

5 posters

Go down

Nate Campbell to fight on the Marquez vs Katsidis undercard Empty Nate Campbell to fight on the Marquez vs Katsidis undercard

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:29 pm

Former unified lightweight titlist Nate Campbell (33-6-1, 25 KOs), last seen losing a lopsided decision in May to Victor Ortiz in a junior welterweight bout on HBO, will return Nov. 27, adviser Terry Trekas told ESPN.com.

Campbell, who will fight at 137 pounds, is scheduled to face Walter Estrada (37-13-1, 25 KOs) on the undercard of lightweight champ Juan Manuel Marquez's defense against Michael Katsidis at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Campbell plans to move back down to the lightweight division, despite previous problems making weight.

"He's going back to 135, so I wanted to test him out at 137 first to make sure he's good at the weight," Trekas said.

After the Ortiz fight, Campbell was diagnosed with a sciatic nerve problem, which is what he said gave him trouble in the fight. The upcoming fight is "to get back in the win column and to see how successful the back rehab was," Trekas said. "I had concerns about him going back to 135, but he feels with the back rehab that it now allows him to do the things in camp that he hasn't been able to for the last few fights and that he can now make 135."

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/columns/story?columnist=rafael_dan&id=5734748

Back to top Go down

Nate Campbell to fight on the Marquez vs Katsidis undercard Empty Re: Nate Campbell to fight on the Marquez vs Katsidis undercard

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:31 pm

HMM interesting. Anyone think that he will be good again at 135?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Nate Campbell to fight on the Marquez vs Katsidis undercard Empty Re: Nate Campbell to fight on the Marquez vs Katsidis undercard

Post  captainanddew Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:16 pm

Nate is done.

Old age and back issues have taken their toll. His last hurrah was the Juan Diaz fight. Since that time he has looked worse in every single fight.

He'd walk away but he's flat broke.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:HMM interesting. Anyone think that he will be good again at 135?

I don't think Nate's issue is weight. I think Nate's issue is Father Time targeted him and Father Time is 2,315,627-0-2.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:09 pm

Get ready for Guerrero vs Grandpa Nate
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:48 pm

The way Guerrero looked against an ancient Casamayor I wouldn't be surprised if he lost.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:56 pm

maybe nate will be up to one of his greatest moments.its the ill stand still and dare you to take your best shot moment..intelligent move huh.

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:35 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:HMM interesting. Anyone think that he will be good again at 135?

I don't think Nate's issue is weight. I think Nate's issue is Father Time targeted him and Father Time is 2,315,627-0-2.
LOL Yeah that damn father time seems unbeatable but BHOP seems to be giving him a good fight.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:53 pm

I like Nate, but that whole sciatica excuse is garbage. He was outgunned by a younger, stronger, faster guy. Maybe he's got something left in the tank, but, we'll see.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:27 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:I like Nate, but that whole sciatica excuse is garbage. He was outgunned by a younger, stronger, faster guy. Maybe he's got something left in the tank, but, we'll see.

I doubt he has anything left.

Beats Diaz- looked good
Beats Funeka in a close fight (looked so so)
No Contest against Bradley- looked poor
Loses to Ortiz and looks completely faded

each performance since 2008 has gotten worse. Father time has won this battle.

As for BHOP- I believe he sold his soul to the devil
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:50 pm

captainanddew wrote:
flapanther2001 wrote:I like Nate, but that whole sciatica excuse is garbage. He was outgunned by a younger, stronger, faster guy. Maybe he's got something left in the tank, but, we'll see.

Beats Diaz- looked good

Maybe the devil wants him to be his executioner?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:56 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Beats Diaz- looked good

Nah....everybody knows the Devil lives in South Philly... Twisted Evil
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:53 am

Ali, I have absolutely no interest in watching Nate Campbell fight, but I'm really happy to see you post here.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:05 am

flapanther2001 wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:
captainanddew wrote:

Beats Diaz- looked good

Nah....everybody knows the Devil lives in South Philly... Twisted Evil
I thought the devil lived Austin, TX?
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:51 am

Thank you Frank.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down