The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unification Off! Goosen screwed over

+3
Diego408
gomez1012
UBeeg9cats
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unification Off! Goosen screwed over Empty Unification Off! Goosen screwed over

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:39 pm

Brahmer vs Shumenov is off after Brahmer left and claimed illness. This happens after Goosen travels 30 hours to get to the fight city. I, for once, feel bad for a promoter.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Unification Off! Goosen screwed over Empty Re: Unification Off! Goosen screwed over

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Traveling to Khazahktan gave Brahmer the shits

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/brahmer-sick-unification-off-71580

WBO light heavyweight champion Jurgen Brähmer (36-2, 29 KOs) was forced to pull out of Saturday’s unification clash with WBA champion Beibut Shumenov (10-1, 5 KOs) in Shymkent, Kazakhstan due to an acute gastrointestinal illness. Brähmer and BDB President Thomas Pütz, another member of the five-person German delegation both fell ill. “A few hours after arrival in Shymkent, both came down with severe diarrhea with nausea and severe vomiting which lasted all night,” explained Dr. Michael Ehnert. “This caused severe headaches and abdominal pain. Jürgen was particularly so weakened that he couldn’t train and it’s not possible for him to be able to compete for a world title in a few days. Due to the unclear cause and ambiguous symptoms, it was decided to arrange for an immediate return to Germany this evening to head directly to the hospital after landing for treatment. So far, we have only a vague suspicion of the cause. Jürgen and Thomas Pütz were eating together on Sunday afternoon near the hotel and that evening they complained about the first symptoms, which really hit them on Monday.”

Promoter Klaus-Peter Kohl stated “This is a big catastrophe, we and above all Jürgen are crestfallen. This fight would have written German boxing history. Now we hope that Jürgen and Thomas become healthy as soon as possible.” The team is scheduled to arrive back in Hamburg tomorrow at 9AM.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Unification Off! Goosen screwed over Empty Re: Unification Off! Goosen screwed over

Post  Diego408 Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:48 pm

Damn! aint this some shit lol
Diego408
Diego408

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:02 pm

What opponent is willing to fly to Khazaktan on short notice?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:14 pm

gomez1012 wrote:What opponent is willing to fly to Khazaktan on short notice?

i'll do it, i can make 175lb..... Goosen.. sign me up! Goosen Goosen sign me up!!!

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:27 pm

Can't really say I'm disappointed to be honest.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:32 pm

Braehmer probably realised how good Shumenov actually is and came up with some bullshit reason. Braehmer was apparently unavailable for a fight with Nathan Cleverly because of his legal issues and then next thing he's got a unification fight set with Shumenov in Khazakstan. if he had legal issues that serious then would he seriously be allowed to leave for Khazakstan?? i think it was a bullshit excuse, he probably viewed it as too dangerous to fight Cleverly and thought Shumenov would be the easier challenge. then he probably realised that he can't beat either and would instead stay in Germany for better money and easier opponents. the coming weeks will determine what Braehmer is all about, these German fighters are notoriously predictable though in the way they are managed and promoted

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:43 pm

dbudge wrote:Braehmer probably realised how good Shumenov actually is and came up with some bullshit reason. Braehmer was apparently unavailable for a fight with Nathan Cleverly because of his legal issues and then next thing he's got a unification fight set with Shumenov in Khazakstan. if he had legal issues that serious then would he seriously be allowed to leave for Khazakstan?? i think it was a bullshit excuse, he probably viewed it as too dangerous to fight Cleverly and thought Shumenov would be the easier challenge. then he probably realised that he can't beat either and would instead stay in Germany for better money and easier opponents. the coming weeks will determine what Braehmer is all about, these German fighters are notoriously predictable though in the way they are managed and promoted

Sounds like he ran from the ESPN story.

Just left town w/out notifying anybody, even his own promoter
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:55 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
dbudge wrote:Braehmer probably realised how good Shumenov actually is and came up with some bullshit reason. Braehmer was apparently unavailable for a fight with Nathan Cleverly because of his legal issues and then next thing he's got a unification fight set with Shumenov in Khazakstan. if he had legal issues that serious then would he seriously be allowed to leave for Khazakstan?? i think it was a bullshit excuse, he probably viewed it as too dangerous to fight Cleverly and thought Shumenov would be the easier challenge. then he probably realised that he can't beat either and would instead stay in Germany for better money and easier opponents. the coming weeks will determine what Braehmer is all about, these German fighters are notoriously predictable though in the way they are managed and promoted

Sounds like he ran from the ESPN story.

Just left town w/out notifying anybody, even his own promoter

well i've just read twinkie boy's report on the story and it is atrocious. Even if Braehmer did duck the fight, there is a way of going about reporting and getting one side's, Dan Goosen's side, of events that is potentially slanderous and definitely defaming of Braehmer is disgusting IMO. The fact that Rafael reports all these stories sat on his arse making phonecalls speaks for itself. i wonder if any of the information he reports on is actually obtained first hand.

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:05 pm

The only quotes are from Dan Goossen
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:16 pm

gomez1012 wrote:The only quotes are from Dan Goossen

yeh that is what i am saying. it's all from Shumenov's promoter. none of it is from Universum who promote Braehmer. Rafael probably quickly called Goosen who was probably very stressed out and Rafael has relayed that into his reporting. The article has been structured to make Braehmer look bad and like he has definitely ran away from the fight

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Having been to Kazakhstan (a nightmare of a trip, we were financing the cellular telephone operation there) my sympathy to all concerned.

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:47 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:Having been to Kazakhstan (a nightmare of a trip, we were financing the cellular telephone operation there) my sympathy to all concerned.

What do they call Monta Zuma's revenge in Kazahkstan?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:34 pm

gomez1012 wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:Having been to Kazakhstan (a nightmare of a trip, we were financing the cellular telephone operation there) my sympathy to all concerned.

What do they call Monta Zuma's revenge in Kazahkstan?

LOL, don't know. We were all VERY careful.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:40 pm

It was only a "unification" if you count dubious trinkets as world championships. Pascal is the one and only champion until Dawson gets at him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:48 pm

Canvas wrote:It was only a "unification" if you count dubious trinkets as world championships. Pascal is the one and only champion until Dawson gets at him.

What he ^^^^ said!

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:52 pm

I'll have to defend my topic title. It was the name of the card.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:57 pm

the reasons are legit for once but here we go again starting the new year like the old one ended..cancellations.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:59 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I'll have to defend my topic title. It was the name of the card.

fair enough. I'm just sick to death of the media trying to legitamize these parasitic organizations. I'm going to vomit if I read one more article describing Haye and Wlad as "fellow world champions"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:29 am

Damn that sucks, I was looking forward to this fight.

One thing bugs me, when you're a professional fighter competing abroad isn't it your teams duty to bring and prepare your own food ?

I remember Bradley complained about this when he fought Witter in Nottingham, he's a vegetarian and the hotel he was at didn't have the right food for him, so he ended up just eating fruit.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:14 am

This is inappropriate but the story reminded me of this scene

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:28 pm

Nathan Cleverly's view on it

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:37 pm

"I was poisoned" lol!
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:55 pm

Put him in Paris against Bute.

Unification Off! Goosen screwed over Borat_golden_globe
Borat approves.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:16 am

Gumby wrote:Put him in Paris against Bute.

Unification Off! Goosen screwed over Borat_golden_globe
Borat approves.

LOL very nice I like.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next