The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

montiel is cleared to train

5 posters

Go down

montiel is cleared to train Empty montiel is cleared to train

Post  Rum Capital Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:23 pm

i honestly thought he was going to take the rest of the year off but there's already talk of him fighting in december
http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=32257
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

montiel is cleared to train Empty Re: montiel is cleared to train

Post  Guest Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:08 pm

geeze THAT didn't take long!

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:14 pm

what is the rush to fight again this year? I'm in agreement with Marble's principle of fight often, but coming off this injury he should not rush.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Rum Capital Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:27 pm

captainanddew wrote:what is the rush to fight again this year? I'm in agreement with Marble's principle of fight often, but coming off this injury he should not rush.
let alone against a fighter in valdez that got up from the canvas to cut montiel bad and even drop montiel once during their technical draw. when montiel was dropped the ref. helped him out by immediately having the doctor look at the cut because montiel was in trouble when he went down.
btw i distincly remember their fight because julio cesar chavez was one of the commentators and he was BEYOND DRUNK LMAO
Rum Capital
Rum Capital

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:47 pm

This seems off. Weren't the reports of Montiel's injuries pretty bad? I'm not going to argue with a guy getting back in the ring, but I don't want to see him in there with a limp and off his game. Especially when the Donaire fight looms.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:03 pm

Gumby wrote:This seems off. Weren't the reports of Montiel's injuries pretty bad? I'm not going to argue with a guy getting back in the ring, but I don't want to see him in there with a limp and off his game. Especially when the Donaire fight looms.
From what I read, the initial reports were a bit overblown concerning his injuries. He claims they weren't that bad. Whether or not he should be back in the ring so soon is debatable. If it were me, I'd make sure I was healed 100%.
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:27 pm

flapanther2001 wrote:
Gumby wrote:This seems off. Weren't the reports of Montiel's injuries pretty bad? I'm not going to argue with a guy getting back in the ring, but I don't want to see him in there with a limp and off his game. Especially when the Donaire fight looms.
From what I read, the initial reports were a bit overblown concerning his injuries. He claims they weren't that bad. Whether or not he should be back in the ring so soon is debatable. If it were me, I'd make sure I was healed 100%.

+1

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:25 am

at least he wants to get back in the ring. most fighters would be out for 2 years and make the excuse that they couldnt fight because they were injured.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down