The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHO-CBS PPV for Cotto vs Mayorga?

5 posters

Go down

SHO-CBS PPV for Cotto vs Mayorga? Empty SHO-CBS PPV for Cotto vs Mayorga?

Post  gomez1012 Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:38 pm

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/promo-lead/like-it-or-not-here-comes-pacquiao-mosley

MARCH MADNESS

It looks like Miguel Cotto’s next bout, scheduled for March 12th in Las Vegas at the MGM Grand, will be without HBO, which is reportedly going to televise a Sergio Martinez fight. But the question is, why?

"Well, his ratings are too big; that scares them," said Arum, who pointed out, "I’m being facetious. I mean, can you believe Cotto’s been their mainstay for so many years and for them to say that him against Vanes Martirosyan, they wouldn’t do [that particular fight]? But they were considering doing Sergio Martinez and Andy Lee, who’s never fought anybody."

And Arum being Arum- to his credit- will go on with his show and promote his man.

"Yeah, let the people decide," he stated on Tuesday. "We’re going to put him- it looks like we’re going to make him- against Ricardo Mayorga. I’ve been talking to [Don] King all day."

Arum and King together again, like old times, eh?

"It’s terrific. I mean, not like old times because we’re older people and we know each other’s tricks. So it saves a lot of time," said Arum, chuckling. "But no, if they were all like King, at this point, life would be a lot easier and a lot more fun."

Could he have imagined saying this about 20 years ago?

"Probably not."

Word is now that HBO may have disapproved Lee and it’s not clear just who “Maravilla” will face on this date. Perhaps the network moves off that date. Arum says, "They can do what they want but we’re making arrangements with Showtime and CBS to distribute that fight."

VIVA LAS VEGAS

So why is Cotto, like Pacquiao, fighting in Las Vegas?

"Because Las Vegas is starved for big fights and we were told that the Puerto Ricans, because of the time of year, will travel to Vegas," Arum explained. "And it’s good for the town and we’re not going to go crazy with ticket prices and at the end of the day, we’ll do a lot better than we would in Puerto Rico."

I might be in the minority but I actually think Cotto-Mayorga will be a fun fight.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

SHO-CBS PPV for Cotto vs Mayorga? Empty Re: SHO-CBS PPV for Cotto vs Mayorga?

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Bob Arum's quest to destroy boxing continues Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:19 pm

http://boxing.fanhouse.com/2010/12/23/miguel-cotto-ricardo-mayorga-to-be-set-for-march-12/

Top Rank Promotions CEO, Bob Arum, told FanHouse on Thursday that he expects to close a deal "today" with fellow 79-year-old rival promoter, Don King, that will match former world champion Ricardo Mayorga of Managua, Nicaragua, opposite Arum's WBA junior middleweight (154) titlist Miguel Cotto of Puerto Rico, on a March 12, pay per view card from the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas.
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:04 pm

Why would CBS be interested in a fight has no business being on PPV. Why don't stop being cheap f-ks, make a decent offer, and have it on CBS
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:11 pm

GrantZilla wrote:Why would CBS be interested in a fight has no business being on PPV. Why don't stop being cheap f-ks, make a decent offer, and have it on CBS

It sounds like CBS/Showtime are making a push to get the Pacquiao-Mosley fight, could be packaged deal with Arum
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:02 pm

Maybe. I'd let Showtime have the fight if the give some dates for CBS. The exposure is worth it
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:11 pm

I'd say some of the senior big shots at CBS must be interested in PacBoy. First he was featured on 60 Minutes, then this.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Can Mayorga even still make 154lb ?

Back to top Go down

Post  nano212 Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:44 pm

Mayorga is wild and funny as shit, but he is Finished as a fighter. The guy will kill himself to make 154lbs and I doubt he makes it. Have Cotto fight Berto!
nano212
nano212

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:52 pm

I'd watch Mayorga washing dishes on ppv. That guy is hilarious.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:28 pm

kbyte wrote:I'd watch Mayorga washing dishes on ppv. That guy is hilarious.

lol.

Is it true Mayorga described Vargas as " fat and round like my sons ass" ?

Back to top Go down

Post  Freddie1437 Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:49 pm

I can't wait for the press conference of this fight! LOL! Gonna be some fireworks for sure, just wondering if Cotto will fire back or be the gentleman that he always is. I am buying this fight regardless so oh well, I just hope they have a good undercard!
Freddie1437
Freddie1437

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down