The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I HAVEN'T SEEN THE SCORES YET, BUT HOPKINS THE MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

+4
Soonermark890
UBeeg9cats
powerpuncher
captainanddew
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I HAVEN'T SEEN THE SCORES YET, BUT HOPKINS THE MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty I HAVEN'T SEEN THE SCORES YET, BUT HOPKINS THE MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:18 am

Just saying! I had it a draw.

Back to top Go down

I HAVEN'T SEEN THE SCORES YET, BUT HOPKINS THE MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: I HAVEN'T SEEN THE SCORES YET, BUT HOPKINS THE MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:22 am

Majority draw I think is the right call.

Terriffic fight!

Back to top Go down

I HAVEN'T SEEN THE SCORES YET, BUT HOPKINS THE MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty Re: I HAVEN'T SEEN THE SCORES YET, BUT HOPKINS THE MAGNIFICENT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:24 am

I agree Marble, Hopkins was very good. Amazing at his age. I had it narrow for Pascal. No problem at all with the draw or a narrow Hopkins win. several rounds were very close. Bernard certainly comes out of it looking better than Pascal. Not impressed with Bernard's tirade after the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:25 am

You'll be dismayed that a few posters here were calling it a robbery.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:26 am

Canvas wrote:I agree Marble, Hopkins was very good. Amazing at his age. I had it narrow for Pascal. No problem at all with the draw or a narrow Hopkins win. several rounds were very close. Bernard certainly comes out of it looking better than Pascal. Not impressed with Bernard's tirade after the fight.

All three judges scores were acceptable in my view. As would a two point win for Pascal.

But for a 45 year old guy to do what BHOP did tonight is almost beyond belief!

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:26 am

Canvas wrote:You'll be dismayed that a few posters here were calling it a robbery.

In favor of who?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:29 am

BTW I had 1,2,3 clearly for Pascal and 8 and 12 very close for Pascal.

I had 5, 6, 7, 9,10 and 11 clearly for BHOP and 4 close for BHOP.

Last edited by marbleheadmaui on Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:29 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Canvas wrote:You'll be dismayed that a few posters here were calling it a robbery.

In favor of who?
Hopkins. I think people were getting so amazed with hop's performance that it was getting in the way of their objectivity a bit. Maybe I'm wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:31 am

Canvas wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

In favor of who?
Hopkins. I think people were getting so amazed with hop's performance that it was getting in the way of their objectivity a bit. Maybe I'm wrong.

I had three rounds marked close and gave two of them to Pascal. I think Pasacal won the twelfth (which got him a draw on my card), but I bet a lot of folks disagreed with me. I also thought that BHOP got knocked down in the fourth. Of course I didn't score it, but I thought the ref made a mistake.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:32 am

marbleheadmaui wrote:BTW I had 1,2,3 clearly for Pascal and 8 and 12 very close for Pascal.

I had 4, 6, 7, 9,10 and 11 clearly for BHOP and 4 close for BHOP.

I had 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 12 all for Pascal with two 10-8 rounds.

I had 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 for Hopkins.

I nearly scored round 10 even, but changed it to 10-9 for Hop.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:35 am

Canvas wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:BTW I had 1,2,3 clearly for Pascal and 8 and 12 very close for Pascal.

I had 4, 6, 7, 9,10 and 11 clearly for BHOP and 4 close for BHOP.

I had 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 12 all for Pascal with two 10-8 rounds.

I had 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 for Hopkins.

I nearly scored round 10 even, but changed it to 10-9 for Hop.

Looks like we watched about the same fight Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:36 am

I put little marks besides the ledgers for rounds 4,5, and 10 to remind myself after that those rounds could very easily be scored the other way.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:42 am

Marble, what were your thoughts on the Jim gray interview post fight?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:48 am

Canvas wrote:Marble, what were your thoughts on the Jim gray interview post fight?

Well I am biased. In a perfect world Jim Gray would drink battery acid while being eaten by bab y pirhanas while having his pee pee chopped off by Lorena Bobbit. He is the worst, least likable and most abrasive sportscaster of my lifetime. He is the Mr. Ronald Wright of broadcasting.

Now what were you asking again?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:31 am

He's definitely in possession of a fountain of youth.

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:48 am

Ali wrote:He's definitely in possession of a fountain of youth.

true, he must have some great genetics. Years of always looking in shape (reportedly ran everyday while at MW so that he didn't have to lose that much weight to make 160), not drinking to excess, not smoking, etc...., just clean living and BHOP has aged unlike most athletes.

Amazing thing last night was after a few rounds I felt like BHOP had no shot. he was down. pascal wasn't coming forward, and BHOP couldn't exploit mistakes. So the old man decided fuck it, I'm down, I have to come forward, I have to throw more punches, I have to go to the body. His mental strength is amazing. Brother Nazeem never panicked. BHOP never gave up. Is BHOP a guy I like? Not really. I think he is an asshole outside of the ring. But give the man credit, he is one tough minded SOB.

I'd really like to see a rematch. It was a pretty good fight. Forget the age of BHOP. We saw a guy way behind after 4 rounds. He normally sits back and picks you apart. He came forward and made the fight. It was compelling from just how it played out.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:21 am

i was really really impressed with hopkins. i couldnt believe that he was fighting like he was. i had hopkins winning by 3 points. i said that i thought that if anybody deserved to win it was hopkins because he fought the better fight. i wasnt upset with a draw though. i think that hopkins needs to retire on top like this. he has nothing to prove after this fight. he already showed that he could still fight at 45 almost 46.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:28 pm

They were all close fights but its crazy to see that BHop lost both his Ring belts to SD and then did not earn a 3rd one by getting a draw.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:50 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:They were all close fights but its crazy to see that BHop lost both his Ring belts to SD and then did not earn a 3rd one by getting a draw.

The first fight against JT I felt like he deserved to lose. he waited until round 7 or 8 to really get going. He should have ended up a tiny bit short in that one. I did think he won the rematch though.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:26 pm

captainanddew wrote:
Ali wrote:He's definitely in possession of a fountain of youth.

true, he must have some great genetics. Years of always looking in shape (reportedly ran everyday while at MW so that he didn't have to lose that much weight to make 160), not drinking to excess, not smoking, etc...., just clean living and BHOP has aged unlike most athletes.

Amazing thing last night was after a few rounds I felt like BHOP had no shot. he was down. pascal wasn't coming forward, and BHOP couldn't exploit mistakes. So the old man decided fuck it, I'm down, I have to come forward, I have to throw more punches, I have to go to the body. His mental strength is amazing. Brother Nazeem never panicked. BHOP never gave up. Is BHOP a guy I like? Not really. I think he is an asshole outside of the ring. But give the man credit, he is one tough minded SOB.
I'd really like to see a rematch. It was a pretty good fight. Forget the age of BHOP. We saw a guy way behind after 4 rounds. He normally sits back and picks you apart. He came forward and made the fight. It was compelling from just how it played out.

I mean there was just NO WAY he could do those things, right? RIGHT?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:28 pm

powerpuncher wrote:i was really really impressed with hopkins. i couldnt believe that he was fighting like he was. i had hopkins winning by 3 points. i said that i thought that if anybody deserved to win it was hopkins because he fought the better fight. i wasnt upset with a draw though. i think that hopkins needs to retire on top like this. he has nothing to prove after this fight. he already showed that he could still fight at 45 almost 46.

Nice post. This reminds me of Ray Leonard's performance against Marvin Hagler. Regardless of the decision or one's view of it, the Leonard performance was one for the ages. So was BHOP's last night.

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:38 pm

I think BHop should go on only if he can get the immediate rematch. Pascal was more beat up and will be mentally out of it after the schooling he took in the last 2/3 of the fight. Most likely, GBP and BHop get the fight in America where judges would be looking to give BHop rounds after this decision (not unfair but far more people saw BHop winning than Pascal). At 46, BHop can lose it at any moment and long layoffs are career ending. If he has to wait for Pascal, he better not sit out. How about this for revenge of the Old Timers: BHop takes the crown from Pascal and Glen wins the Super 6. That rematch would be huge when their combined age is approaching 90!

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:41 pm

UBeeg9cats wrote:I think BHop should go on only if he can get the immediate rematch. Pascal was more beat up and will be mentally out of it after the schooling he took in the last 2/3 of the fight. Most likely, GBP and BHop get the fight in America where judges would be looking to give BHop rounds after this decision (not unfair but far more people saw BHop winning than Pascal). At 46, BHop can lose it at any moment and long layoffs are career ending. If he has to wait for Pascal, he better not sit out. How about this for revenge of the Old Timers: BHop takes the crown from Pascal and Glen wins the Super 6. That rematch would be huge when their combined age is approaching 90!

I agree 100%. But that was BHOP's finest effort in what? Five years? Heck maybe BHOP IS Father Time!

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:45 pm

marbleheadmaui wrote:
Canvas wrote:
marbleheadmaui wrote:

In favor of who?

I had three rounds marked close and gave two of them to Pascal. I think Pasacal won the twelfth (which got him a draw on my card), but I bet a lot of folks disagreed with me. I also thought that BHOP got knocked down in the fourth. Of course I didn't score it, but I thought the ref made a mistake.
MY card is identical to yours except the 12th and even then I had a hard time deciding who won that round. It was no robbery.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  UBeeg9cats Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:53 pm

Problem with BHop is someone needs to blow him out for him to leave. Cloud is the only one that could do it but I could see BHop schooling him also. I lost so much respect for Bad Chad in the Pascal fight. If he was active, he would've won easily. Pascal has too low of workrate and lunges. Would Ward move up to school BHop at his own game? That's the other reason BHop is here for another year or 2. He has options. Pascal rematch, Dawson, Cloud, Shumenov, Ward, Froch, Bute, Glen, or even Sergio (Dibella vs BHop again lol) are all potential matchups with many of them favoring the old man.

UBeeg9cats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next