The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looks like Martinez will be stripped of his one alphabet trinket...

3 posters

Go down

Looks like Martinez will be stripped of his one alphabet trinket... Empty Looks like Martinez will be stripped of his one alphabet trinket...

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:17 am

HBO has rejected Zbik as an opponent for Martinez. Manny Steward claims it's going to be Andy Lee instead. Martinez has been ordered by the disgusting WBC to face Zbik next or be stripped, not that anyone should care.

It's a good thing Dibella can shop the Zbik fight to Showti....oh, wait.

nice going Lou.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33921

Back to top Go down

Looks like Martinez will be stripped of his one alphabet trinket... Empty Re: Looks like Martinez will be stripped of his one alphabet trinket...

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:31 am

Why doesn't he just fight Zbik and broadcast it online like Adamek does, and then do the Lee fight on HBO.

I'm getting real tired of fighters and promoters using TV as an exscuse not to fight. Martinez can fight atleast three times next year. Zibik is # 7 ranked Middle, so not that outragious of a manditory. Lee is not even ranked.

Lee can go fight a ranked fighter like Pirag and then fight Martinez on HBO.
GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Looks like Martinez will be stripped of his one alphabet trinket... Empty Re: Looks like Martinez will be stripped of his one alphabet trinket...

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:22 am

why reject that fight.its a ranked contender..pay a little less and do it.manditorys truly are nonsence .give a fighter some freedom.the matchup surely is far better then several fights hbo has put on and has more credibilty..this is why a 3-4 or 5 fight contract with a cable company sucks..or a promoter for that matter and tv..hbo in rejecting the fight then martinez should have the option to go to showtime..or fight in europe with there tv money and make a deal with espn3 and bypass the medaling fucks at hbo..

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:33 am

Martinez does not have a contract with HBO, dmar - he could have shopped it to Showtime if not for Dibella's over emotional big mouth slamming the door on Showtime. Lou also eliminated Pirog and chavez jr as options.

This is what I tried pointing out in a previous post, but everyone got offended that I critisized saint Lou Dibella. My point was that Dibella's job is to explore all options and choose the most lucrative one. Instead Lou put Martinez in a position with less leverage.

Now Martinez is at the mercy of HBO, and is likely to be stripped of his last remaining alphabet trinket (not that it matters)

Lou is one of the best, but in this instance he did not act wisely. I hope it all works out for the middleweight champ.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:38 am

canvas thanks for the information some of it i did not know..i agree totaly then dibella made costly mistakes.again though fighters and promoters do have exclusives with cable companies thus allowing tv to dictate..that im against.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:55 am

Would showtime really hold a grudge against a boxing promoter? It is boxing after all people say stupid shit and retract it all the time. I don't know, from a business standpoint if I'm Showtime I take a card with Martinez the Middleweight champ of the world as a headliner.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  gomez1012 Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:04 pm

Isnt Andy Lee HBO wants?

Whats the problem here?
gomez1012
gomez1012

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:16 pm

WTF I thought Martinez vs Zbik was done for March ? HBO can't even give Martinez one easy fight to kick off the year, honestly why does Greenburg still have a job.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:18 pm

Let's just gauge the thought of HBO, reject a top ten Middleweight for a Middleweight who lost to Brian Vera on Friday Night Fights Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:23 pm

good points ali..i think it should be sergio vs shaffer.no weight limit..winner take all.then in the same night as a double feture sergio vs greenburg.losser retires.

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Fuck HBO, they should do a reasonable offer to ESPN and try and get the fight on on regular ESPN.

Then have Sergia fight in LA and promote the shit out of it to get a good crowd. DO NOT have it in some Indian casinio.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down