The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Maidana face the Bradley vs Alexander loser ?

4 posters

Go down

Could Maidana face the Bradley vs Alexander loser ? Empty Could Maidana face the Bradley vs Alexander loser ?

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:24 pm

After Amir Khan's close points victory over Marcos Maidana of Argentina, BoxingScene.com caught up with Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer to discuss Maidana's future options. Golden Boy co-promotes Maidana along with Universum Boxing.

Schaefer will be looking to match Khan with the Devon Alexander-Tim Bradley
winner at some point in 2011.

When I asked Schaefer for his thoughts on potentially matching Maidana with the loser of the Alexander-Bradley fight, Schaefer told BoxingScene - "I was thinking the exact same thing. The loser will get another appearance on HBO [pursuant to a network agreement]. I think it would be a good fight and worth persuing."

At the post-fight press conference, Schaefer had said that HBO was thrilled with Maidana's performance and wanted him back on the network.

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=33779

Back to top Go down

Could Maidana face the Bradley vs Alexander loser ? Empty Re: Could Maidana face the Bradley vs Alexander loser ?

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:32 pm

This is the logical choice. We have to wait and see if the fight is close, if either lose really bdly neither will want to face Maidana right after that.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Could Maidana face the Bradley vs Alexander loser ? Empty Re: Could Maidana face the Bradley vs Alexander loser ?

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:38 pm

I think there is a rematch clause for Bradley vs Alexander, so that might ruin any plans for Maidana to face the loser.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:45 pm

Ali wrote:I think there is a rematch clause for Bradley vs Alexander, so that might ruin any plans for Maidana to face the loser.

There is and that also depends on the state of the loser after the fight. I have a feeling this is not going to be a barnburner, I think one guy will lose miserably.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:47 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:I think there is a rematch clause for Bradley vs Alexander, so that might ruin any plans for Maidana to face the loser.

There is and that also depends on the state of the loser after the fight. I have a feeling this is not going to be a barnburner, I think one guy will lose miserably.

Yeah it looks likely Bradley will win a one sided decision, hopefully Alexander doesn't allow that to happen and provides us with a great fight to start the year.

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:49 pm

Ali wrote:[.

Yeah it looks likely Bradley will win a one sided decision, hopefully Alexander doesn't allow that to happen and provides us with a great fight to start the year.[/quote]

I'm hoping for an Alexander Knockout. I want to see Bradley flattened. I don't know why but that's what I want to see.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:50 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:
Ali wrote:[.

Yeah it looks likely Bradley will win a one sided decision, hopefully Alexander doesn't allow that to happen and provides us with a great fight to start the year.

I'm hoping for an Alexander Knockout. I want to see Bradley flattened. I don't know why but that's what I want to see. [/quote]

LOL something about that big dome just irritates us all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Groundhog Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:39 am

I like Bradley. Sure, he's a no frills guy without a lot of flash, but his resume so far at 140 speaks for itself. Plus he has a great attitude. I think on HBO last night there was a vid clip of him saying like "I don't care about the WBC belt, I just want to fight the best in the division." Something along the lines of that.

Groundhog

Back to top Go down

Post  GrantZilla Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:35 am

The loser won't face Khan. They will want a easy fight afterwords. No way they want to risk having two loses in a row.

GrantZilla
GrantZilla

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:35 am

I hope Bradley beats Alexander, Khan beats Bradley, Maidana flattens Alexander and then Maidana flattens Khan.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down