The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

khan vs alexander on december 7

4 posters

Go down

khan vs alexander on december 7 Empty khan vs alexander on december 7

Post  powerpuncher Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:43 am

good fight for both fighters. this is a toss up fight for me. i feel that khans speed will help him win on the scorecards but alexander has a good chin and has a good punch. he is also a quick fighter which will help him be able to counter khan. ill pick alexander to win.

i think that these 140 pound fighters and former 140 pound fighters are making boxing look good. they always take the tough fights.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

khan vs alexander on december 7 Empty Re: khan vs alexander on december 7

Post  Frank Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:32 pm

If Alexander fights his fight, which I think is more of a boxer/puncher fight, he should be able to defeat Khan.

I'll admit that it's been a while since I've seen Khan, however I don't know if he has the strength to hold off Devon if he comes in with the right attitude and strategy.

Regardless of what I wrote, Khan fans need not worry. Devon hardly ever does the right thing.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:17 pm

Frank wrote:If Alexander fights his fight, which I think is more of a boxer/puncher fight, he should be able to defeat Khan.

I'll admit that it's been a while since I've seen Khan, however I don't know if he has the strength to hold off Devon if he comes in with the right attitude and strategy.

Regardless of what I wrote, Khan fans need not worry. Devon hardly ever does the right thing.
khan was wobbling in his last fight against Julio Diaz. Diaz's best weight was 135 pounds and best time was over half a decade ago. Maybe going to 147 and not having to cut any weight will help his chin, but I doubt it a little.

I am not saying he can't win as Alexander has flaws as well, but I am leaning towards Alexander.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:44 am

its just hard to pick khan over anyone who has a good punch.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:22 am

Boxing Lawyer once wrote about Khan, "Give Lennox Lewis his chin back." LOL Nuff said if you ask me.

The problem with Devon is that he may try to prove he's a boxer by not going for the KO and putting on a scientific show. Sounds really dumb but I've seen it happen.

I think this fight is Devon's to win or lose.

Last edited by Frank on Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:10 am

Khan will probably win an awful fight by circling Devon and landing flurries on his gloves while Devon lands single arm punches on Khan's gloves. Its gonna be an awful fight with no clean punches at all.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:17 pm

Kbyte, I hope you're wrong but there's a chance you just called the fight.

The other possibility is the complete opposite. A slug fist in which Devon applies himself and takes Khan apart.

If your prediction is accurate, I think it will be because Khan will be gun shy (by now he knows he has a glass jaw) and Devon's idiot trainer.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:48 pm

Frank wrote:  Kbyte, I hope you're wrong but there's a chance you just called the fight.

The other possibility is the complete opposite. A slug fist in which Devon applies himself and takes Khan apart.

If your prediction is accurate, I think it will be because Khan will be gun shy (by now he knows he has a glass jaw) and Devon's idiot trainer.
devon's trainer is awesome. I especially like the "do what you do" comment he was making in one fight.

There are motivational trainers. There are trainers that provide technical advice. The really good ones know when to offer each.

Then there is Devon's trainer that is pretty useless.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down