The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone alive out there?

+5
hardcorebee24
powerpuncher
Frank
NJBeatdown86
BoxingGenius
9 posters

Go down

Anyone alive out there?  Empty Anyone alive out there?

Post  BoxingGenius Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:01 pm

im bored at work lol slow day

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Anyone alive out there?  Empty Re: Anyone alive out there?

Post  NJBeatdown86 Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:28 pm

I'm currently working the graveyard shift 4 of my 5 workdays. Sucks, usually finish everything and have zero customers come in, maybe 2 an hour if that. Sunday/Monday we went four hours without anybody coming in. The worst part? Not being able to watch boxing/MMA/sports in general live.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:37 pm

NJBeatdown86 wrote:I'm currently working the graveyard shift 4 of my 5 workdays. Sucks, usually finish everything and have zero customers come in, maybe 2 an hour if that. Sunday/Monday we went four hours without anybody coming in. The worst part? Not being able to watch boxing/MMA/sports in general live.

thats rough, spoilers are everywhere too. im not a fan of watching fights when i know the outcome. then i spend the whole time counting downo the KO or whatever. jsut not as enjoyable

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:47 pm

I'm going with my gf to buy a dog.

Listen BG, I hope I'm not upsetting anyone by saying this, however I couldn't watch HBO's boxing show on Sat night due to the horrible voices of the announcing crew. Max Kellerman is a nightmare to listen to.

I'm not asking anyone to agree with me, however I just can't listen to him. Also, I may be mistaken, but I think Andre Ward was with him. He's no announcer either. My call.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:34 am

we should start brainstorming on good topics to come up with.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:48 am

Frank wrote:I'm going with my gf to buy a dog.

Listen BG, I hope I'm not upsetting anyone by saying this, however I couldn't watch HBO's boxing show on Sat night due to the horrible voices of the announcing crew. Max Kellerman is a nightmare to listen to.

I'm not asking anyone to agree with me, however I just can't listen to him. Also, I may be mistaken, but I think Andre Ward was with him. He's no announcer either. My call.

i feel like im in the minority, but i like max. i didnt hear the broadcast since i was at the fight, but i cant imagine ward being very good. he just doesnt seem to have the personality. i like hbos crew a lot better than showtimes still.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  Frank Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:57 am

BG, I honestly don't know which one of us is in the minority. I would suspect I am since Max seems to be popular with HBO.

I also wish I didn't feel that way because it gets in the way of my enjoyment of the fight. That said, if it's a big enough fight, I'll turn off the HBO crew and announce the fight myself.

Frank

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:53 am

idk lately ive heard a lot of people complaining about max. my only gripe is he never stops talking sometimes pauses can be very effective. lol i just got a mental image of u sitting on ur couch with the tv on mute commentating using your remote control as a microphone hahaa

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:09 pm

I really like Max. He's one of my favorite stat guy type of analysts. You can tell he does his research and has a real passion for the sport
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  Jaime Lannister Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:28 pm

Max is great as a commentator but he's atrocious during post fight interviews.

Jaime Lannister

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:52 am

Jaime Lannister wrote:Max is great as a commentator but he's atrocious during post fight interviews.
i agree. his interviews are terrible. i think that he is a good commentator though. although i dont agree with everything he says, he at least tells it like it is most of the time.

ward was alright. i didnt mind him but he isnt great. he is someone that i wouldnt mind having commentating every once in a while but it would be annoying if he did it every time.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:20 am

Max is annoying.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Thu Jul 04, 2013 9:13 am

kbyte wrote:Max is annoying.
he has not been nearly as good on espn
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Soonermark890 wrote:
kbyte wrote:Max is annoying.
he has not been nearly as good on espn

it had the perfect setup for max on fnf. He was in the studio. He would say a few things about the fights they had shown or were coming up. He had BK as the host (and those 2 were great together). Most importantly- a big part of Max's job was to ramble on about pound for pound lists, historical greatness, etc....

In essence, he was playing the part of a boxing nerd, which is what he is. He isn't a good analyst of things occurring in a fight that are happening live.

He is horrible on the HBO telecasts. he isn't adding anything. He keeps making stupid comparisons. He started comparing Terence Crawford to Pernell Whitaker or someone similar recently. He spends a lot of time on air kissing Andre Ward's self righteous ass. By the way, Andre Ward can go fuck himself. Still pissed that he blocked me on twitter a good year ago for telling him I was a big fan, I appreciate his style, but he can't complain about other fighters getting more coverage (which they were and he was complaining about it), if he wasn't going to take more risks in the ring. I digress, but HBO spends too much time kissing Ward's ass.

In the ring for interviews, Max looks like a lost puppy. He has no idea how to control the situation. He doesn't ask any probing questions. He has had 2 or 3 in the ring interviews this year where his "Jim" where he throws it lampley is really, "Please for the love of god save me Jim!"

HBO's telecast is very mediocre.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down