The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Probably the best floyd interview ive ever read

3 posters

Go down

Probably the best floyd interview ive ever read Empty Probably the best floyd interview ive ever read

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:39 am

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/o-208669

just in case you dont want to read it, ill point out the things a liked about it.

-floyd said that it was canelos idea about the catchweight. if its true then i guess i cant hate on floyd for accepting it.

-although floyd always talks about cleaning up the sport in regards to PEDs, he talked about cleaning up the whole belt situation. im glad that such a big name in the sport finally spoke up about this problem. he actually addressed the concern very well without soundly like a thug or anything.

-he mentions the difference between this era of PPV fighting and the era when fighters fought multiple times a year. a good quote from him, "I feel like in my era, the only thing I want to do is to continue to beat the best that’s put in front of me in my era. It’s the only thing I can do.” its true. maybe he hasnt fought everybody he should have through his career but he has done more than most fighters in the last 20 years.

-compares him and broner to mr miyagi and daniel son. haha. pretty good stuff. floyd is smart and says that there is still a lot for broner to learn. hopefully broner takes that advice.

-at the end, he says that after his career he will talk about the fighters he faced and how he gained advantage over each of them. i will definitely be interested in hearing what he has to say about each of his opponents and his gameplan and adjustments he made to beat them.

but it was overall a great interview i think.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Probably the best floyd interview ive ever read Empty Re: Probably the best floyd interview ive ever read

Post  dmar5143 Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:21 am

the article was ok.i wish he said more about having one champ per division.ive read now recently 3 or 4 times about marcianos record.what record unless they mean a champ who retired unbeaten and had no draws.what if Floyd goes 49-0 and losses fight fifty.did he tie the record.why is chavez seniors start of 87-0 ignored.to me that's a record of most wins out of the box in a row by a champ without a loss or draw.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Probably the best floyd interview ive ever read Empty Re: Probably the best floyd interview ive ever read

Post  powerpuncher Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:51 am

i dont really like comparing the marciano record either. just because two people are 49-0, doesnt mean that they are equal. i remember a few years back when they were talking about valuev almost breaking it which was obviously a joke.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:28 am

floyd does seem to be humbled a bit these days which i think is good for him. i wish nothing but the best for the guy, he needed a serious attitude adjustment, and i think that the time in jail gave him that. he seesm to no longer think he is gods gift to earth. if hes a changed man, good for him, the system worked how it was supposed to. if its all an act for the cameras, then thats his perogative. ive always liked how he can talk trash pre-fight but them be respectful and classy after the fight, granted thats easy to do when u win, but he could be a punk full time like broner.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:41 am

i think a lot has to do with age too. it seems like once athletes age, they finally start maturing. i dont know how mature he is but he definitely does seem more down to earth than before.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down