The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Fights so far in 2013

+6
powerpuncher
NJBeatdown86
kbyte
dmar5143
BoxingGenius
telltailtale
10 posters

Go down

Best Fights so far in 2013 Empty Best Fights so far in 2013

Post  telltailtale Fri May 31, 2013 3:17 pm

What fight have you enjoyed most so far in 2013? Best brawl? Biggest upset? Biggest let down? Most surprising?

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Best Fights so far in 2013 Empty Re: Best Fights so far in 2013

Post  BoxingGenius Fri May 31, 2013 4:20 pm

there have been some good ones, Rios-Alvarado II was awesome, Canelo-Trout was an entertaining scrap, Matthysse-Petersen, Zab Judah-Danny Garcia was surprisingly awesome, Froch-Kessler, Sergio Martinez-Martin Murray was way better than I expected. Bradley-Ruslan was the FOTY so far IMO. Even Floyd-Guerrero was entertaining if you are a fan of the technical side of the game. those are some of the more mainstream fights, im sure there have been other good ones but lesser known fighters

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Fri May 31, 2013 5:27 pm

good questions.havent thought about it.best fight maybe alvardo-rios2.big upset.thompson over price.bradley vs the Russian a big suprize.the rest ill leave it up to the other guys.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  kbyte Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:47 am

The fights I most enjoyed so far in order are:

1) Froch vs Kessler
2) Alvarez vs Trout
3) Martinez vs Murray
4) Rios vs Alvarado
5) Bradley vs Provodnikov

Note that I probably would have enjoyed the Bradley fight more if I hadn't already known who won when I watched it. Rios vs Alvarado was a little one sided later in the fight. The top three were hard fought and competitive the whole way through.
kbyte
kbyte

Back to top Go down

Post  NJBeatdown86 Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:41 pm

I'd go with Bradley vs. Ruslan so far.
NJBeatdown86
NJBeatdown86

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:39 pm

kbyte wrote:The fights I most enjoyed so far in order are:

1) Froch vs Kessler
2) Alvarez vs Trout
3) Martinez vs Murray
4) Rios vs Alvarado

Note that I probably would have enjoyed the Bradley fight more if I hadn't already known who won when I watched it. Rios vs Alvarado was a little one sided later in the fight. The top three were hard fought and competitive the whole way through.

I'll have to look those fights up and check them out.

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:33 pm

telltailtale wrote:

1) Froch vs Kessler
2) Alvarez vs Trout
3) Martinez vs Murray
4) Rios vs Alvarado

the bradley provodnikov was the best fight of the year IMO. all out action

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:42 am

BoxingGenius wrote:
telltailtale wrote:

1) Froch vs Kessler
2) Alvarez vs Trout
3) Martinez vs Murray
4) Rios vs Alvarado

the bradley provodnikov was the best fight of the year IMO. all out action
it was definitely a fun fight. i would agree that it is probably FOTY so far. maybe lopez vs maidana can give it a run for its money.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:48 am

There was a "Classic" fight on FUEL yesterday that I checked out. It was Alfredo Angulo vs Archak TerMeliksetain. OMG that was fireworks, well for the 1 round it lasted lol. One of the best and cleanest exchanges I have seen.

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:55 am

telltailtale wrote:There was a "Classic" fight on FUEL yesterday that I checked out. It was Alfredo Angulo vs Archak TerMeliksetain. OMG that was fireworks, well for the 1 round it lasted lol. One of the best and cleanest exchanges I have seen.

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:50 am

not a bad fight but not a classic.this has been seen several times over the years where a top prospect that can punch meets a guy with a fair record.the buildup usualy continues with a action ko.
if you realy want to see round 1 classic between two all time greats in there prime id suggest check out hagler-hearns.it don't get much better then that...another suggestion for round 1 action is a fight between 2 good fighters or decent ones in there prime that are beyond far beyond the prospect level check out mancini vs frias.you should definetly see the difference ..
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:49 am

dmar5143 wrote:not a bad fight but not a classic.this has been seen several times over the years where a top prospect that can punch meets a guy with a fair record.the buildup usualy continues with a action ko.
if you realy want to see round 1 classic between two all time greats in there prime id suggest check out hagler-hearns.it don't get much better then that...another suggestion for round 1 action is a fight between 2 good fighters or decent ones in there prime that are beyond far beyond the prospect level check out mancini vs frias.you should definetly see the difference ..

It's a classic exchange and one of the most entertaining I have ever seen in any combat sport. One guy was landing big and then the tables turn. It's one of the cleanest exchanges I have seen with the number of punches by both men landing square for that brief exchange. At the very least it was a fun watch. I'll check out that 1 round classic, I'm sure it's great.
I have Alvarez vs Hatton on my DVR as well. Worth the watch?

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:48 pm

dmar5143 wrote:not a bad fight but not a classic.this has been seen several times over the years where a top prospect that can punch meets a guy with a fair record.the buildup usualy continues with a action ko.

haggler hearns is sick. When the 6 yr old watched that video with me his eyes just kept getting wider and wider.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:19 am

Bradley vs provodkinov best fight so far
Froch Kessler 2 was gripping. Lebedev vs jones was brutal, Lara vs Angulo was fun. Murray shocked us all vs maravilla.... Personally to me 2013 has had some brilliant fights. 

Cleverly vs Kovalev aug 17. Foty.........

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:46 am

dbudge wrote:Bradley vs provodkinov best fight so far
Froch Kessler 2 was gripping. Lebedev vs jones was brutal, Lara vs Angulo was fun. Murray shocked us all vs maravilla.... Personally to me 2013 has had some brilliant fights. 

Cleverly vs Kovalev aug 17. Foty.........

Kovalev is going to knock him out.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:29 pm

I think kovalev, even though he looks a beast, can be out worked by clev. Cleverly is tall, rangy, has a great work rate, a fantastic set of whiskers and great will to win. I think cleverly will shock a lot of people

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:59 pm

dbudge wrote:I think kovalev, even though he looks a beast, can be out worked by clev. Cleverly is tall, rangy, has a great work rate, a fantastic set of whiskers and great will to win. I think cleverly will shock a lot of people

I hope you are right. I love all thinks UK.  I will be rooting for Cleverly. I know he can take a shot, but I think Kovalev has power that is only matched by very few.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  Gumby Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:42 pm

This has been a year with consistently good fights. Even Paulie vs. Broner last night wasn't one sided and had its moments.

I'll go with Garcia v. Zab, but there have been a bunch and I doubt we've seen the fight of the year.
Gumby
Gumby

Back to top Go down

Post  hky44 Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:02 am

Wlodarczyk vs Chakhkiev was a very good fight that probably flew under the radar.

For the WBC Crusierweight belt.

hky44

Back to top Go down

Post  dbudge Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:32 pm

captainanddew wrote:
dbudge wrote:I think kovalev, even though he looks a beast, can be out worked by clev. Cleverly is tall, rangy, has a great work rate, a fantastic set of whiskers and great will to win. I think cleverly will shock a lot of people

I hope you are right. I love all thinks UK.  I will be rooting for Cleverly. I know he can take a shot, but I think Kovalev has power that is only matched by very few.

I agree about kovalevs power, it's similar to Mattysse having power but can be outboxed. If cleverly boxes clever than this fight is very winnable for him. Problem is he likes to get involved too much

dbudge

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down