The Boxing Palace
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch, Kessler, and Hopkins?

+5
dmar5143
telltailtale
flapanther2001
powerpuncher
Shaun
9 posters

Go down

Froch, Kessler, and Hopkins? Empty Froch, Kessler, and Hopkins?

Post  Shaun Tue May 14, 2013 3:05 pm

Interesting article about a potential Froch vs. Hopkins matchup. (assuming Froch wins of course).

http://www.boxingscene.com/hopkins-vs-froch-t-miss-classic-2013---65495
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Froch, Kessler, and Hopkins? Empty Re: Froch, Kessler, and Hopkins?

Post  powerpuncher Wed May 15, 2013 2:36 am

froch wins this one easily. i think that even in hopkins prime that froch gives him some troubles although i would pick bhop. but now, froch has too much controlled aggression for bhop. this is unlike pascal or cloud who are both strong guys without a ton of skill. froch would fight smart and use his jab effectively and get on the inside when there was an opening. i think that bhop might have his moments in the fight but i can see him getting "injured" somehow during the fight and stopping early.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  flapanther2001 Wed May 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Would look similar to Froc/Abraham
flapanther2001
flapanther2001

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Tue May 28, 2013 4:58 pm

Did anyone watch the Froch vs Kessler fight over the weekend?

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  dmar5143 Tue May 28, 2013 6:15 pm

telltailtale wrote:Did anyone watch the Froch vs Kessler fight over the weekend?
..yes I did.decent fight.kessler slipped a little.froch executed well the first 4 rounds with movement and a effective jab but sorry many times tossing the right hand or attempts at a combo he looked awkward and very sloppy.he was breathing very heavy in his corner after round 11..both guys were in trouble a few times but neither could capitalize on that with a finisher.both have heart and guts .skill wise career wise Kessler was the better fighter.froch had a very good work rate mostly with the jab.i like both fighters but sorry every one will jump on me but froch today is considered a good top fighter.so is Kessler but I feel Kessler in other eras Kessler would be considered the better fighter.froch would be a established fighter but a mediocre to fair one.he has a ton of flaws that he can get away with today.more and more im getting not only frustrated but disgusted with the talent pool today and boxings politics ..the pool of talented complete fighters is thin.very thin today.
an example and I didn't read the article dan r wrote that sturm is fighting again soon.who gives a fuck.i don't.nor do I care to read about ricky burns another first rate bum in a division loaded with first rate bums.
we have some wonderfull fighters today just not enough of them to get any casual fan or general public excited about.an era of complete mediocrity that truly disgusts me a so called hardcore fan.
dmar5143
dmar5143

Back to top Go down

Post  Soonermark890 Tue May 28, 2013 8:28 pm

telltailtale wrote:Did anyone watch the Froch vs Kessler fight over the weekend?
I did it was a great fight. If you didnt watch it guys try to catch it. I enjoyed it a lot.
Soonermark890
Soonermark890
Admin

https://theboxingpalace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Wed May 29, 2013 2:31 am

dmar5143 wrote:
..yes I did.decent fight.kessler slipped a little.froch executed well the first 4 rounds with movement and a effective jab but sorry many times tossing the right hand or attempts at a combo he looked awkward and very sloppy.he was breathing very heavy in his corner after round 11..both guys were in trouble a few times but neither could capitalize on that with a finisher.both have heart and guts .skill wise career wise Kessler was the better fighter.froch had a very good work rate mostly with the jab.i like both fighters but sorry every one will jump on me but froch today is considered a good top fighter.so is Kessler but I feel Kessler in other eras Kessler would be considered the better fighter.froch would be a established fighter but a mediocre to fair one.he has a ton of flaws that he can get away with today.more and more im getting not only frustrated but disgusted with the talent pool today and boxings politics ..the pool of talented complete fighters is thin.very thin today.
an example and I didn't read the article dan r wrote that sturm is fighting again soon.who gives a fuck.i don't.nor do I care to read about ricky burns another first rate bum in a division loaded with first rate bums.
we have some wonderfull fighters today just not enough of them to get any casual fan or general public excited about.an era of complete mediocrity that truly disgusts me a so called hardcore fan.
froch's fame has come from his heart and power during his career. i agree that i have never thought that froch was a world class beater. he is a good fighter but many flaws keep him from being great. in their respective primes, i think that kessler wins a head to head match up about 8 out of 10 times. kessler was a solid fighter too. he isnt great either but a good fighter. these good fighters get destroyed by great fighters like ward.

it was a good fight though. i wouldnt mind seeing a third fight. i know froch wants to fight ward again but nothing will change. the fight will be the exact same. froch cannot beat ward.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  hardcorebee24 Wed May 29, 2013 6:26 am

I saw it, good scrap. There should be a third. Both are far below Ward, either could move up and make waves at 175.
hardcorebee24
hardcorebee24

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Wed May 29, 2013 9:49 pm

hardcorebee24 wrote:I saw it, good scrap. There should be a third. Both are far below Ward, either could move up and make waves at 175.

Froch makes for good fights when matched properly. No point in facing Ward again. Try to beat another top 5 guy in Stieglitz (assuming he beats Abraham). Then face up and comer Grovers in a very big fight for the UK. Or if he moves to 175 (or catchweight) there is BHOP. Or shut up the untested british trinket holder at 175 (Cleverly). Tons of good matchups because he is good fighter, has flaws, and the flaws make for fun fights.

I love Froch's bravado and desire, but Ward is one of the elite of the sport and Froch would be lucky to win 5 out of 100 fights against him.
captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Thu May 30, 2013 2:34 am

captainanddew wrote:
hardcorebee24 wrote:I saw it, good scrap. There should be a third. Both are far below Ward, either could move up and make waves at 175.

Froch makes for good fights when matched properly. No point in facing Ward again. Try to beat another top 5 guy in Stieglitz (assuming he beats Abraham). Then face up and comer Grovers in a very big fight for the UK. Or if he moves to 175 (or catchweight) there is BHOP. Or shut up the untested british trinket holder at 175 (Cleverly). Tons of good matchups because he is good fighter, has flaws, and the flaws make for fun fights.

I love Froch's bravado and desire, but Ward is one of the elite of the sport and Froch would be lucky to win 5 out of 100 fights against him.
good post. there are plenty of great fights for froch to take. fighting ward will really do nothing for him. fighting bhop would be big or fighting another brit would be big. those are his best options.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Thu May 30, 2013 9:38 am

hopkins schools froch IMO hopkins knows every trick in the book and some that arent even in the book lol he will frustrate froch all night long en route to a UD

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  captainanddew Thu May 30, 2013 6:04 pm

BoxingGenius wrote:hopkins schools froch IMO hopkins knows every trick in the book and some that arent even in the book lol he will frustrate froch all night long en route to a UD

the one thing Froch is going to do is throw punches. He isn't going to fight like Cloud and freaking stand there. He is just going to move his hands.

captainanddew
captainanddew

Back to top Go down

Post  powerpuncher Fri May 31, 2013 3:24 am

captainanddew wrote:
BoxingGenius wrote:hopkins schools froch IMO hopkins knows every trick in the book and some that arent even in the book lol he will frustrate froch all night long en route to a UD

the one thing Froch is going to do is throw punches. He isn't going to fight like Cloud and freaking stand there. He is just going to move his hands.

i think that froch would win because bhop has always had problems with fighters who use a jab and throw a lot of punches. froch is a decent size which will allow him to use the jab effectively against bhop and then throw punches in bunches when he needs to. froch isnt a no skill all muscle fighter like pascal or cloud. he will box when he needs to.
powerpuncher
powerpuncher

Back to top Go down

Post  telltailtale Fri May 31, 2013 10:07 am

Soonermark890 wrote:
I did it was a great fight. If you didnt watch it guys try to catch it. I enjoyed it a lot.

It was the first fight I have seen in awhile. I thought it was very entertaining. I know it's just me but it seemed like all Froch was doing was throwing a jab early in the fight, just jab, jab, jab, jab. But the fight really picked up and the last 2 rounds were excellent. They really went at it.

telltailtale

Back to top Go down

Post  BoxingGenius Fri May 31, 2013 4:25 pm

telltailtale wrote:
Soonermark890 wrote:

It was the first fight I have seen in awhile. I thought it was very entertaining. I know it's just me but it seemed like all Froch was doing was throwing a jab early in the fight, just jab, jab, jab, jab. But the fight really picked up and the last 2 rounds were excellent. They really went at it.
yea froch definitely is a guy who throws a LOT of punches. he did jab a lot but i think that was just to try and stay away from Kesslers power shots, kessler threw a lot of bombs in that fight.

BoxingGenius

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down